Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 8, 2015
this fox came a day early the product looks exactly like the one above the only thing I'm not completely fawned of is the volume on the music player isn't very loud and it's hard to fit it in the fox.
review imagereview image
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on September 14, 2017
I was so excited for this Frankie the fox for my newest little one. I had bought the cloud b sheep over 3 years ago for my first baby. it was a lifesaver! anytime my little guy was fussy, or having a hard time going to sleep or staying Sleep. I just had to get his sheep and it was instant!. but I'm disappointed in the fox, well not the fox but the music box. you can't hear it till you turn it all the way up and the it's so loud! and very staticy when it plays. it also going in and out while playing, it will be very loud then go out and come back on. which usually startles my little one. I'm pretty sure it's just a defective box, but not sure if I'll be buying another one.
on February 25, 2013
I don't think my daughter would ever get any sleep without this! This was one of the first things I bought when I found out I was pregnant. As a newborn only a few days old she liked the womb sounds and the whale sounds. Now as a toddler she likes the rain and the ocean sounds. I think my favorite is the ocean one. We use this when she is falling asleep and the neighbors are still awake and being loud. We rarely need it for the full 45 minutes since once she falls asleep she is out for the night. There are certain times when I wish it had continuous play, such as New Years Eve and Independence Day, but I have never seen any battery operated white noise machines that have continuous play. The only ones I have seen which offer continuous play are only powered by electrical outlet. Also, I have never seen a battery powered white noise machine that offers more than 45 minutes of play, the volume range, or sound options that this one does. I shopped around for a long time before settling on the sleep sheep and I am confident that I bought the best that was available at the time. We've been using it for 17 months, every single night, sometimes multiple times a night and have only had to change the batteries ONCE!

This is not just great for kids. This is good adults too. I have a friend who had one for her kids but she was admitted to the hospital for several days. She had a hard time sleeping because she could hear things going on in the hospital around the clock. Her kids brought their mommy their sleep sheep to help her sleep and she said it helped her a ton! The white noise drowned out all the beeping machines, other patients, and staff members coming and going at all hours.

I also use the Sleep Sheep myself on mornings when my husband is letting me sleep in by playing with our daughter and making breakfast for everyone. They are so loud that usually I can hear them and I don't get any rest at all. I turn on the sleep sheep and it helps drown out tantrums and clanging pots and pans, so I get to have an extra couple of hours of sleep on the weekend!
VINE VOICEon August 11, 2010
Praises:
-The sheep is adorable.
-The velcro strap to hold it onto the crib is some tough stuff. The little man can't even think about getting the thing off.
-The volume adjustment is great. It can be quiet or loud, depending on the other household noises.
-The controls on the back are very easily accessed.
-No lights or anything that keep a child awake with visual cues.
Complaints:
-The heartbeat seems too slow. Sure, slow would be soothing, but this is abnormally slow.
-The "whale songs" are creepy. They sound nothing like what I would think whale songs would sound like. It just sounds like muffled moans. Weird.
Wishes:
-I wish it had more time options. I would prefer it at 5,10,15... intervals. Both times seems too long. They help the baby get to sleep, then continue into their sleep cycle before abruptly turning off.
-I wish they made a sleep sheep that plugged into the wall that could sit on a nightstand or something that could play white noise continuously. That would be very nice.
Opinion:
I like the sleep sheep. I'd like a few things different, but it works in helping my son go to sleep. We use it on the "waves" setting and it is very soothing.
on March 6, 2017
I bought this one (Sleep Sheep), and the Gentle Giraffe. This one is a little bigger and softer. They were for my grandsons, and I bought them mainly because I thought the heartbeat sound would be soothing for them. I can't prove it worked, but I like to think it did.
on June 26, 2017
We can't live without it! The sounds are so very soothing and adult friendly. It definitely helps lull baby to sleep and keeps her asleep. I just wish that it would play for longer than 45 mins! The bunny itself is super soft and adorable. The only problem I have with it is that it does shut off randomly and at one point it wouldn't play at all! I think it's just a product of getting tossed around so make sure to be a bit gentle with your bunny. Otherwise, it's a great tool for a sleep deprived family.
on March 18, 2014
We used the Sleep Sheep from birth with my daughter (now 14 months old and she still uses it). My only complaint is the timer options. I would always have to sneak into the room and press the button again to make sure it kept playing thru my daughter's light sleep phase otherwise she would wake up at 45 minutes and it would be hard to get her to sleep any longer. The wave sound is her favorite and during those early stages it was quite soothing hearing it on the monitor for us as well. It was not loud enough to block out household sounds so when she was a baby I removed it from the lamb and set it next to her head. But I still had to turn on background instrumental music in her room to help her sleep better. The constant steady sound really worked wonders and it cued her that it was time to go nite-nite no matter where we were. I liked that I could carry the sound machine part in the diaper bag when needed it. We did drop it a couple times and it stopped working, the hubby had to take it apart and fix the loose wiring. But otherwise it's worked like a charm for 14 months. We use it at every nap time and bed time still and the batteries last long enough. Once she started moving around we put the sound machine back inside the lamb and since she had gotten used to hearing it the slight muffling of the sound was not a problem.

I bought another one for our son who is due in April. Even with the volume and timer issues it has been a life-saver with our daughter and I can't imagine my son not having one.

Note: This time I purchased the HMDX JAM XT Extreme Wireless Speaker as well. I'm going to play an mp3 of a wave sound on repeat and see if that works any better. The sound quality of the little wireless speaker is awesome and there is no timer. It also seems to be a better grow-with-me option too. When he gets older he will be able to play music on the same device and I think it was a little cheaper than the Sleep Sheep even. It's also, drop, dirt and water resistant and come with a carabiner for easy attachment. If it does work better then at least my daughter will have a back up Sleep Sheep if her first one ever officially dies.
on May 23, 2014
We were originally looking for a wind up/musical stuffed animal for our new baby. We could not find much for wind up animals like my husband and I had as children but ended up finding this. We love how soft the bunny is and baby loves to play with his ears and rub them as she falls alseep. 2 sound time settins which are nice. The music box is a little clunky and large but she doesnt seem to mind. There is a large velcro hoop on the back for hanging on the crib but we don't use that since she sleeps in a pack in play right now and likes to cuddle the bunny as she falls asleep. Love the music and noise selection and she has really started associating the sound with sleep which is what we were hoping for! The music box is removable so that will be nice when she is a little older and wants to snuggle the bunny more without the heavy noise box.
2 helpful votes
on January 4, 2011
Before my son was born, I was a little skeptical about the need for anything that played white noise. Sure, I had heard it's noisy in the womb, and they're used to white noise, but I just didn't believe it was necessary.

Enter: Fussy baby. My son used to fight sleep to the point that he got so tired he *couldn't* sleep, and then he would just cry. The only thing that would calm him down? Running water. I used to bring him into the bathroom and turn on the faucet, and he would be asleep within minutes, only to wake up the second I tried to put him back in his bed. A family member, knowing how much running water calmed my baby, picked up this giraffe for us.

It was magical. I should have marked that day on my calendar as the day my son started falling asleep, in his bed, without being rocked, without having to sit in the bathroom listening to the faucet, without me having to move slowly and methodically to try to set my sleeping child down without waking him up. After my son started daycare, we bought a second one for him to keep there. My son's daycare teachers are equally impressed with the giraffe's magical powers to put him to sleep.

This giraffe has four different sound buttons that can be played, but we only ever use the waterfall button.

Pros: It puts my son to sleep. + 1,000,000 points for this!

Cons: There are two timers - 23 minutes or 45 minutes. When the time is up, the sound cuts out sharply and the sudden change sometimes wakes up my son. I wish there was a gradual turn off. Instead, I end up waiting for my son to fall sound asleep and then gradually turning down the volume on the giraffe myself. There were nights around 3AM that I was not to thrilled about having to do this.

Overall, this product has been VERY helpful for us. It makes my list of baby products I couldn't live without.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on May 3, 2015
Maybe I read the description wrong but I was under the impression that this would play rain sounds and whale sounds. Instead it plays two different sons and two types of nature sounds. Unfortunately for me, my son really likes falling asleep to rain so this product doesn't help in that regard yet. Hoping it does later on and at least it keeps him happy at naptime.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.