Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 556 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 803 reviews
on February 25, 2013
I don't think my daughter would ever get any sleep without this! This was one of the first things I bought when I found out I was pregnant. As a newborn only a few days old she liked the womb sounds and the whale sounds. Now as a toddler she likes the rain and the ocean sounds. I think my favorite is the ocean one. We use this when she is falling asleep and the neighbors are still awake and being loud. We rarely need it for the full 45 minutes since once she falls asleep she is out for the night. There are certain times when I wish it had continuous play, such as New Years Eve and Independence Day, but I have never seen any battery operated white noise machines that have continuous play. The only ones I have seen which offer continuous play are only powered by electrical outlet. Also, I have never seen a battery powered white noise machine that offers more than 45 minutes of play, the volume range, or sound options that this one does. I shopped around for a long time before settling on the sleep sheep and I am confident that I bought the best that was available at the time. We've been using it for 17 months, every single night, sometimes multiple times a night and have only had to change the batteries ONCE!

This is not just great for kids. This is good adults too. I have a friend who had one for her kids but she was admitted to the hospital for several days. She had a hard time sleeping because she could hear things going on in the hospital around the clock. Her kids brought their mommy their sleep sheep to help her sleep and she said it helped her a ton! The white noise drowned out all the beeping machines, other patients, and staff members coming and going at all hours.

I also use the Sleep Sheep myself on mornings when my husband is letting me sleep in by playing with our daughter and making breakfast for everyone. They are so loud that usually I can hear them and I don't get any rest at all. I turn on the sleep sheep and it helps drown out tantrums and clanging pots and pans, so I get to have an extra couple of hours of sleep on the weekend!
VINE VOICEon August 11, 2010
Praises:
-The sheep is adorable.
-The velcro strap to hold it onto the crib is some tough stuff. The little man can't even think about getting the thing off.
-The volume adjustment is great. It can be quiet or loud, depending on the other household noises.
-The controls on the back are very easily accessed.
-No lights or anything that keep a child awake with visual cues.
Complaints:
-The heartbeat seems too slow. Sure, slow would be soothing, but this is abnormally slow.
-The "whale songs" are creepy. They sound nothing like what I would think whale songs would sound like. It just sounds like muffled moans. Weird.
Wishes:
-I wish it had more time options. I would prefer it at 5,10,15... intervals. Both times seems too long. They help the baby get to sleep, then continue into their sleep cycle before abruptly turning off.
-I wish they made a sleep sheep that plugged into the wall that could sit on a nightstand or something that could play white noise continuously. That would be very nice.
Opinion:
I like the sleep sheep. I'd like a few things different, but it works in helping my son go to sleep. We use it on the "waves" setting and it is very soothing.
on September 21, 2012
we bought this almost a year ago- when my daughter was just a couple weeks old. we have used it at every nap and bedtime (if we were home) she LOVES the ocean waves, but the whales make her fussy. anyway- when she was newborn, the sound would immediately put her to sleep, now, when we lay her down and turn on her sheep she just rolls over and listens til she falls asleep. she can and does sleep without her sheep, but with two other kids in the house i needed something to drown out the constant noise, and this did the trick. i still have it attached at the foot of her crib, hanging from the top, facing her, i just push the button through the slats of her crib, no problem at all.

batteries last a very long time, volume goes up much higher than i have ever needed, you can have it on for 23 or 45 minutes, usually 10 is plenty for us. definitely would recommend this sheep.
on May 5, 2016
I really like this Sleep Sheep. It is soooooo soft and cuddly. My baby loves looking at it and touching it. However, I learned from a sleep consultant (yes, that's a thing) that white noise needs to run all night long to protect the baby's sleep. This will only play the sound for about 45 minutes before it shuts off. There is no option to leave it on indefinitely. I understand they did this to save battery life, but it means that we can only use it for naps and bought a different sound machine for nighttime. This is too pricey for this limited usage.
on March 6, 2017
I bought this one (Sleep Sheep), and the Gentle Giraffe. This one is a little bigger and softer. They were for my grandsons, and I bought them mainly because I thought the heartbeat sound would be soothing for them. I can't prove it worked, but I like to think it did.
on March 18, 2014
We used the Sleep Sheep from birth with my daughter (now 14 months old and she still uses it). My only complaint is the timer options. I would always have to sneak into the room and press the button again to make sure it kept playing thru my daughter's light sleep phase otherwise she would wake up at 45 minutes and it would be hard to get her to sleep any longer. The wave sound is her favorite and during those early stages it was quite soothing hearing it on the monitor for us as well. It was not loud enough to block out household sounds so when she was a baby I removed it from the lamb and set it next to her head. But I still had to turn on background instrumental music in her room to help her sleep better. The constant steady sound really worked wonders and it cued her that it was time to go nite-nite no matter where we were. I liked that I could carry the sound machine part in the diaper bag when needed it. We did drop it a couple times and it stopped working, the hubby had to take it apart and fix the loose wiring. But otherwise it's worked like a charm for 14 months. We use it at every nap time and bed time still and the batteries last long enough. Once she started moving around we put the sound machine back inside the lamb and since she had gotten used to hearing it the slight muffling of the sound was not a problem.

I bought another one for our son who is due in April. Even with the volume and timer issues it has been a life-saver with our daughter and I can't imagine my son not having one.

Note: This time I purchased the HMDX JAM XT Extreme Wireless Speaker as well. I'm going to play an mp3 of a wave sound on repeat and see if that works any better. The sound quality of the little wireless speaker is awesome and there is no timer. It also seems to be a better grow-with-me option too. When he gets older he will be able to play music on the same device and I think it was a little cheaper than the Sleep Sheep even. It's also, drop, dirt and water resistant and come with a carabiner for easy attachment. If it does work better then at least my daughter will have a back up Sleep Sheep if her first one ever officially dies.
on November 25, 2014
I've been giving this sheep for 15 years to soothe those babies (their mother's as well)! It makes me very sad that this has been discontinued from the manufacturer. They carry other ones but unfortunately do not have the heartbeat feature in those & I find that that is the one that each needs to hear is the heartbeat before any of those other 'sounds' they use. It's been my favorite go to gift; I even bought one for myself after I gave my first one when my best friend told me not only did it bring comfort to her baby girl but to herself as well. I love the Cloud b! I only hope they start to put the heartbeat in each & every one that they make!
on March 30, 2016
These are great for white noise! I did receive one that made all the same sounds but was able to return it for free and order another one! My daughter loves it and everyone asks where they can get one, the sounds are very soothing!!
on November 6, 2014
Sleep sheep has become the key to my babys bed time ritual. We've had such a hard time with our baby and his sleep. He fights it! He's not a good sleeper or napper. He does not go to sleep on his own. We've been told hiw impirtsnt it is to start bedtime ritual that's always that's consistent. When it's half hour till bed time I get him changed and ready for massage or nursing and dim lights with slerp sheep and turn on the same tune. He falls asleep to this everytime and I put him in his bassinet with the sheep still playing its tune. You can set timer to 26 mins or 45. When he wakes he's often playing or snuggling with his sheep. Key is- I only give him sleep sheep when it's sleep time so there's a clear association. After few weeks of this he starts to look drowsy as soon as I start the music.
on March 5, 2014
I used the Sleep Sheep every night to help my daughter fall asleep. We tried all four settings, which consist of Mom's heartbeat, whales, rain and ocean. We only used the rain and ocean settings. The heartbeat is a strange noise and the whales sounded a bit creepy. The Sheep has volume settings, but we normally kept the sound turned all the way up. The Sleep Sheep has two play options — 25 minutes or 45 minutes — which is the only drawback of the product. Sometimes, the Sheep would stop playing and my daughter would wake. There is a long Velcro strip to attach the Sleep Sheep outside of the crib. Now that baby is older, we let her play with it, as the Sheep is very soft. The sound box is removable from the sheep, which makes it extra squishy. While the product runs on batteries, we used the Sheep every day, multiple times a day, and never replaced the batteries. Now my daughter is 8 months old and we still haven't had to replace them.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.