Cloud b Tranquil Turtle Night Light, Ocean
There is a newer version of this item:
- Magical underwater light effect
- Projects underwater effect with a gentle wave motion
- Shell glows in relaxing Aquamarine color
- Plays 2 soothing sounds: Tranquil Melody and Ocean Waves
- 23 minute timer ensures complete darkness and silence during childs deep sleep, recommended by pediatricians
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. The tranquil turtle doesn't project stars, it projects wavy "underwater" currents all over the room. The nice thing about this feature is that you have the option to set the waves to still or moving, both which are very relaxing to look at.
2. The music option is a must for us. The 2 choices are soft ocean waves sound and gentle music. And there's a volume control! There is also an option for no sound, which is great as well.
3. The light has a dimmer feature, so you can make it brighter or less so depending on your needs.
4. The auto shut off timer is only 23 minutes, unlike 23 and 45 min like other Cloud B soothers we have. Wish it went to 45 min, but perhaps it would eat up too much battery that way. Still 23 minutes is a good amount of time for most kids to fall asleep.
5. It is just a tad smaller than the original, but it is so cute in person. The purple velour is so soft and plush, and I love the way it looks.
There are a lot of great things about it. The underwater effect is really neat. It covers the ceiling and some of the walls. Our girls really like it and start asking for their water or turtle before we can get it out. You have the ability to control the brightness of it, so if you think it is too bright, you can turn a dial and make it dimmer.
The sounds are nice. You have a choice between ocean sounds, soothing music (like something you hear in a day spa) or no sound. There is a volume control on the sound.
This isn't a problem, but although they say he is purple, he looks more like a deep blue. He is exactly the color of the photo Amazon provides, if that helps.
My only complaint is the auto shut off feature. It automatically cuts off at 23 minutes. At that point my kids are usually pretty much out, but they notice it turn off and start to cry. If it lasted 5 more minutes, I think we would make it. The star ones last 45 minutes. I wish this one did.
Overall it is wonderful. My only suggestion to them would be to lengthen the shut off timer or maybe offer 2 time options ( 23 or 45 minutes).
Update: 1 year later: my kids are 3.5 now and the auto shut off isn't a problem. They are use to it going off and if they are still awake it doesn't bother them . The batteries (they are AA despite the Amazon description) last a long time. we still use it every night.
From the time she was an infant, my daughter has not been able to fall asleep on her own. As much as we tried, we always had to get her completely to sleep and then sneak out of the room. At 2 1/2 years old, we decided it was finally time to teach her to fall asleep alone. The tranquil turtle has been a miracle! I had her pick it out with me online and she was very excited to await his arrival in the mail. We told her, "Sleepy Turtle will be your new bedtime friend." We kept the rest of her bedtime routine the same, but then instead of laying with her in the dark for an hour waiting for her to fall asleep, we simply turned on the tranquil turtle, asked if she preferred the waves sound or the music (she prefers the music) and kissed her and Sleepy Turtle goodnight and left the room. Much to our surprise, we did not have a big battle!
We've been using the turtle for about two weeks now and it has worked from day one. At most, she might call out for us once, but with a little reassurance she settles down right away. It also soothes her back to sleep if she wakes up in the middle of the night. She absolutely loves him. He sleeps in her bed and she'll even carry him around the house during the day. The light projections are beautiful and both the ocean sounds and the music are very soothing. I was afraid the 23 minute timer wouldn't be long enough, but it's never been an issue. Our daughter is always asleep before the timer shuts off. Sleepy Turtle is now an indispensable part of our bedtime routine!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My grandson got one of these as a gift and as soon as the rest of the kids seen it I knew I had to purchase one. It was delivered very quickly and came in great condition. Read morePublished 17 days ago by Kat Rakoczy
I bought the Cloud b Tranquil Turtle Night Light right before I gave birth to my second son. It was to go in his nursery which was turtle/ocean themed. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Brittney B.
So I used this for a good six months every night and baby absolutely loved it. It became a part of his bedtime routine. Happy baby, happy mama. Right? No. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
LOVE this little guy! It makes the perfect baby shower gift. My daughter received it as a gift for my grandson from the designer of the product. Read morePublished 5 months ago by JDubb
Arrived quickly... My niece still has this years after purchase and still sleeps with it on every night. Very satisfied with this productPublished 5 months ago by Kristy Brown
Both kids love these. Much better than other brands we've had in the past. I can literally fall asleep in 5 seconds if I stay in the room when this is on.Published 7 months ago by Tricia G.
This is a little pricey, however, both granddaughters love it. It's soothing.Published 7 months ago by Marilyn Crocker