Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,404 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,032 reviews
on August 5, 2016
This has become an essential part of my toddlers night time routine. He refers to this as "Moon" because of the stars and moon pattern the turtle projects. When he first transitioned from a crib to his toddler bed, these really gave him comfort and helped him be more at ease with his room. Every night now, this gets turned on before he climbs into his bed. It has a few settings for Orange, Green and Blue. My child prefers the blue so he normally switches that color on. It can filter through the three colors as well. The batteries last a really long time in this because it shuts itself off after about 15 - 20 minutes so it doesn't just run all night long. My wife and I actually use the lights to tell whether he is up or not, because when he wakes up the first thing he does is turn the lights on this turtle, and he will keep turning the lights back on until he falls asleep. The lights are not bright by any means so it has never kept him awake either which is nice. I highly recommend this toy to others as my child really likes it and I have nieces that have used the same toy and equally liked it as well!
on October 5, 2016
Cheap product. Ours stopped working after several months. Sent back to company at our expense. They changed batteries to Kirkland brand batteries, and said the turtle worked fine after changing batteries. Kirkland batteries have a slightly longer post on the positive side than our brand. Turtle stopped working again after 2-3 months. Will not work again even with new batteries. Would not recommend.
on April 12, 2016
Weve had four and The average life Is two years. Well i feel pretty bad about throwing One in The landfillbut once The kids get addicted to these they beg for replacements. Of course The company offers no replacement parts so when The lights go out you have a stuffed animal That reminds you to be Mad At a Company Not doing Its part for The environment. And Believe me, i didnt purchase after my two First ones. Rest were short lived gifts.
on March 27, 2016
This was a replacement for our first turtle that lasted about 5 years. This turtle, for the most part, is same. HOWEVER we have to replace the batteries every month! The old turtle (same brand) would go months on the same set of batteries. This one we have had since January and I marked the last batteries with the date. They did not even make it one full month. We are doing nothing different than before. Maybe we got a bad one. It is very frustrating using what appears to be three times the amount of batteries than we did before. I would save your money and buy a different brand.
VINE VOICEon September 15, 2016
I bought the green turtle for my little guy and it is awesome. He's one now and at about 10 months he really started to get interested in the stars and would point when I would turn the nightlight on during our daily bedtime routine. In fact the turtle is such a big hit with all his little friends (ages 2-5) that I am buying this purple one as a gift for our nanny's daughter who can't get enough of turning out the lights and turning on our son's turtle in the dark room.

One note, in case the picture isn't clear. It has a hard plastic shell. It isn't really for cuddling or sleeping with. We leave the turtle out of the crib at night, but our son plays with it during the day.

UPDATE (6/27/2017):
Still love this turtle but I ended up taking off one star just because it goes through batteries so quickly. We use it nightly, and it turns itself off after 20 or 30 minutes, but within a couple months the batteries need changing. Moreover, once the batteries get low, the turtle starts flashing which is distracting to our toddler, not soothing. We've taken to using rechargeable batteries with this.
on October 8, 2014
I originally purchased a couple of these for my toddler grand babies this past Christmas. But before I gave it to them, I had to test one. Well, I almost kept the one I tested for myself. I loved it so much because I purchased one for myself! It is great for all ages! When I turn off the TV, I turn this on and look up at the ceiling, as well as the walls, as it has an expansive radius. The constellation are very soft lights that change colors. The colors are a very pretty blue, green and amber. It has buttons that will stay on one color, but the fun is watching the colors change. It also has a timer that shuts off after 45 minutes. The belly is covered in the same soft plush material that is on the head, arms and legs. It has velcro that covers up the battery and on/off compartment. It has a calming effect and is mesmerizing. Either that, or I’m easily entertained. Again, this is for all ages, not just for children. I keep it on top of the bed as a cute decoration. Sometimes when I can’t get back to sleep after waking up for whatever reason, I turn it on. I find it very soothing. So, there!
on April 20, 2013
This is a wonderful night light, but it drives us nuts that it turns off after 45 minutes. I guess Cloud B thinks that when toddlers fall asleep, they are out for the night. Ours isn't, and looks for something to comfort him when he wakes. We also had the Sleep Sheep from Cloud B, but guess what... it also has a 45 min shut-off time! Argh.

With that said, the stars are wonderful. The amber setting is our favorite because it's a perfect soothing glow that's not too bright (not sure why there are negative reviews on the amber - maybe their rooms weren't dark enough to see that color). And I'm okay with the fact that they're fuzzy - more sleep-inducing, in my opinion. Our toddler really does seem to calm down and relax when the turtle is on. If only the darn thing could stay on through the entire night! We're thinking of opening up the turtle and doing a little "surgery" to see if we can override the timer...

Oh, and one random thing - they should have made the constellation stars bigger than the others. They don't really stand out like constellation stars in real life do, so it's pretty darn hard to spot them (though the feature is just a bonus thing really, so not a big deal).
on December 11, 2012
I love it, he loves it. What more is there?

Currently we have little to no furniture other than beds in the room as my toddler gets into everything. Not having the funds I needed to completely babyproof the bedroom, I ridded myself of of anything dangerous. That aside, this little mighty turtle projects stars quite clearly upon my ceiling and walls from about 7 feet down.

There isn't much for my son to do with it when it's on, thus he usually leaves it alone. There's an on and off switch on the bottom and the batteries are secured with a screw. Perfect!

Three colours, green, blue and "amber" AKA orange. Orange is quite dim, but I actually use orange when my son is out for the night at grandmas and I'm alone.

I use it as much as he does. Every evening after he's asleep and I go to bed [we share a room] I turn it on for myself to fall asleep to. I didn't know how much I enjoyed a simple night light until now.

Perfect for adults, fantastic for children. All in all a very solid product for a great price. Stick to the Twilight Constellation turtle, nothing fancier.

5/5 stars from this happy customer.

Oh, and I've tried a few projection machines for my son so far. A Graco Slumber Machine [more of a nightlight than projection, with a lot of mediocre music... but it got us through the first year before it quit.] and a Winnie The Pooh projection machine. Winnie the Pooh is wearing a sleep gown and looks babyish on the one I had received from a Thrift Store. I didn't like either. Winnie the Pooh had too many things for my son to push and keep himself up with to play with. And as I said, the sleep machine quit. Winnie the Pooh didn't take batteries, but the sleep machine did... and they didn't ever work.

Long story short, I'm satisfied with this turtle and I sincerely regret not shelling out the $15 for it two and a half years ago. It would have been a fantastic investment when my son was a baby.
on February 26, 2014
This is not the authentic product by Cloud b. It's an imitation by some other company "Marry".

The package was shipped directly from China. It looks similar to the original Cloud b, but very inferior in quality.
- The fake turtle came in different packaging without any manufacturer information.
- The Velcro strap around the battery is of poor quality and does not close properly.
- The shell looks similar to Cloud b's, but not the same in shape, quality and star cutout. The edges are sharper.
- The fake turtle's shell has molding holes on the top, whereas the Cloud b's does not.
- The pamphlet is very small with no company info.
- Battery is not included.

Sold as a real thing this one is not. BUYER BEWARE!
on August 24, 2015
Those thinking their child should snuggle with a hard piece of plastic seem misguided, so reading reviews wondering why a plastic-shelled turtle won't be a Gund teddybear replacement leave me scratching my head. Honestly this is more a three-star item that shows, er, stars, because the stars, well, the constellations, are weak to non-existant. The only plus about using the Twilight Constellation Night Light turtle as a foray into astronomy, amateur or otherwise, is it's so confusing to even try to see anything other than big blocks of stars on the ceiling it makes ACTUAL astronomy look downright easy. This said, it is pleasing(ish), my son especially likes it set to blue stars. Is it bright? No, but should it be? Do you really want this thing blinding with the stars burning into your retinas when it's supposed to help your child sleep? Yes, I agree with anyone saying this thing eats batteries and, though oddly seeming counter-intuitive to that statement, I wish it would stay on all night.

I'm giving this a slightly higher rating than perhaps is warranted because, oddly, the little booklet that it comes with is compelling to my son, he actually enjoys reading what is in essence just sales literature but done so in an illustrated children's book fashion, so kudos to whomever came up with that marketing gimmick.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.