BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 7, 2017
This is a goofy movie, but it has lovely positive messages and for once the female sidekick is smart and nerdy (and valued for that). The romance between the main characters is pretty mild so it is appropriate for little kids. I love this one.
on August 25, 2017
Screwed again by Amazon. I bought it but can't download it and can only watch/read on what Amazon will allow, so I don't actually own it! WELL PLAYED AMAZON!!!
on February 24, 2014
Why does everyone love food falling from the sky? Is it safe to eat? What will happen to all the food that's left uneaten? Will this make the ratbirds multiply? How come... Really now. It's a cartoon. And if you can suspend your desire for answers to obvious questions long enough not to miss a truly masterful work of art, you will find a great story beautifully told on a tapestry of finely-tuned digital animation.
on January 12, 2013
I absolutely love this movie. Glad it came with two discs. It means I could have one and give one to a friend essentially. This movie's sense of humor is sensationally modern and I absolutely adore it. So clever and well put together. I can understand a lot of parents not getting because it's sort of a newer humor (30 and under generations sort of relish it). Anyways... I watch this movie all the time and never get tired of it. You see something new you missed in the background or a reference they made each time you watch it.
on July 28, 2016
Hooray!

I watch this once a year. I love the unusual story and the weird and wonderful visuals. It's also very funny and everyone in the family can enjoy this movie together.

The main character feels sorry for himself a bit much, and everyone puts their own needs aside to bail him out. This happens even more in the sequel though, and when it does, I feel compelled to tell him to stop whining and make more giant, glorious food fall from the sky. I never get tired of how the film looks.
on February 6, 2014
It's a cute movie: breezy, fun, unchallenging. It opens with a lovely heartwarming scene of the hero as a cute little tyke, openly ridiculed and scorned by his classmates. There's nothing like positive reinforcement. He grows up to be an unappreciated inventor, a master of the impractical. Through a fluke accident, he becomes a momentary hero/celebrity who mismanages his fame in the most alarming ways. The message, you can buy your friends and gain popularity by giving into their whims/demands. They'll love you until things go wrong, which they do. There's more to life than fancy clouds that rain hamburgers.

The story is bizarre, cheerfully demented, and yes, funny. They even managed to throw in an awkward romance while they were at it. My favorite character was Steve, a talking monkey with priorities that didn't always align with his inventor sidekick Flint Lockwood. I tend to think of this as Steve's movie.
on January 10, 2010
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is just a hilarious movie. I've watched this movie several times, and each time I watch it, there is something new and funny that I notice.

CWACOM is about an aspiring inventor, Flint Lockwood (Bill Hader), and his attempts to live up to the legacies of the greatest inventors in history. Flint is a grown-up child whose eccentric behavior is only bested by his enthusiasm to create the greatest invention mankind has ever known.

So far, his inventions have only been notorious for ending in disaster -- either personally (the spray-on shoes he applied in class, only to find out they would not come off), or for the entire town (the ratbirds that escaped and bred at an alarming rate).

His pursuit of this legacy is stymied by Earl Deveraux (Mr. T), a local cop who has his eye on Flint, and is half-superhero; and his Father, Tim (James Caan), a Sardine Bait & Tackle shop owner who is losing faith in his son's ability to invent anything meaningful, and wants him to work in the tackle shop. Tim is a very strong character, one of the funniest, and he does it without trying (he delivers some of the funniest "lines" in the movie without uttering a word.)

For his latest invention, Flint is working on the "Flint Lockwood Diatonic Super Mutating Dynamic Food Replicator," or FLDSMDFR for short (pronounced FLI-dis-m'duh-fur). Once the FLDSMDFR works, water will go in the top, and the food of your choice will come out at the bottom. Flint just needs a little more power, and the town will no longer be stuck eating the sardines that the world recently declared to be "super gross."

Cloudy does not have a single dull moment. If you blink, you might miss one of the most hilarous parts of the movie, but there are so many of those instances that it's hard to say when that would be. It's chock-full of sight gags, wacky sound effects, stupidly great jokes & puns, and Flint Lockwood's nerdy attempts to impress weathergirl Sam Sparks (Anna Faris) with his intelligence, humor, or his claim to have an allergy in common with her.

The animation can only be described as Ren & Stimpy meets Warner Brothers, meets Muppets. You also have the hilarious Looney Tunes-esque sound effects, intentionally "lame" humor, ironic use of disaster movie cliche's (weather anchor Patrick (Al Roker) even observes that the storm is "following an unusual pattern of hitting all of the worlds major landmarks first, and then spreading across the rest of the globe,") and an awesome soundtrack by Devo's Mark Mothersbaugh to give it the 80's retro-futuristic tone. It has become one of my favorite movies of all time. It's purely entertaining from start to finish.
on November 1, 2013
I like animated films, but I wasn't compelled to see this one in the theatre. I thought it would be like most animated films with some boring, trite story line with a half hazard attempt at some moral message that would fly over the heads of its target audience. I watched this movie for the first time when it aired on Showtime. The movie provoked a few chuckles. I watched it again and again during it's stint on Showtime and I realized this movie got more hilarious the more I watched it. I grew to love the strange brand of comedy and odd characters. There were little jokes here and their that kept me watching. Also who can pass up a movie that gives you a scene where there is a runway made of bacon?! Even the credits made me laugh when they show what I assume to be London get the 'rainbow and sunshine' treatment. The giant food is cleaned up, but the city is pretty much gray and dreary like it was before. Not sure why they were picking on London, but it made me laugh. Lastly, great soundtrack!! It had a very 'high adventure' feel to it.
on December 26, 2014
I thought that this was the best movie. How could you not love a movie with food and a monkey? It has a hero/inventor who doesn't give up and who gets the girl in the end without all the mushy stuff. I loved that it was family friendly but still had enough going on to keep an adults interest. Great movie.
Enthusiast: Campingon May 27, 2014
I mean, it's no "Die Hard," but I can watch this with my four year old and not feel like I've wasted part of my life that I'll never get back. The kids really like it, too, and it's one of those "go to" movies at this point. There's some humor that only adults would get, but nothing that generates awkward questions from the little ones. Win win.