Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on June 13, 2016
Just watched with grandchildren for first time. Had been fan of the book when it came out when my children were young. The 6-yr old really liked it; the 2.5-yr-old watched only parts, as expected. I wasn't certain if the 6-yr old would like to watch it again at some future time... "YES!" He was also excited to know a sequel is due out this summer. Would recommend for 5 or 6 years and up, but too much going on for most younger viewers? Each child is different. Plenty of adult humor as well. Some parts of the story are geared for older children, so this movie would serve a wide age-range audience.
2 people found this helpful
on November 1, 2013
I like animated films, but I wasn't compelled to see this one in the theatre. I thought it would be like most animated films with some boring, trite story line with a half hazard attempt at some moral message that would fly over the heads of its target audience. I watched this movie for the first time when it aired on Showtime. The movie provoked a few chuckles. I watched it again and again during it's stint on Showtime and I realized this movie got more hilarious the more I watched it. I grew to love the strange brand of comedy and odd characters. There were little jokes here and their that kept me watching. Also who can pass up a movie that gives you a scene where there is a runway made of bacon?! Even the credits made me laugh when they show what I assume to be London get the 'rainbow and sunshine' treatment. The giant food is cleaned up, but the city is pretty much gray and dreary like it was before. Not sure why they were picking on London, but it made me laugh. Lastly, great soundtrack!! It had a very 'high adventure' feel to it.
on January 30, 2017
I feel it's common courtesy as a reviewer to establish credibility before getting started.

I have seen A Bug's Life upwards of 20 times, wrote my college essay about Finding Nemo and was promptly waitlisted at every Ivy Leauge institution (not denied!), and have extensively researched all YahooAnswer responses to "what's the relationship between Disney & Pixar."

I can say without a doubt that Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is the best animated movie of all time. It will meet and exceed all your expectations of plot complexity and subtle humor. Understanding this quiet interjection of ingenious comedy will absolutely reaffirm your opinion of yourself as a wildly perceptive audience member.

Like walking out of a restaurant so satisfied, I envy your position as a fresh customer about to devour the beauty that is this film.
on February 12, 2014
Great movie with high quality CG graphics. The story and the style are wonderful. Be careful of the HD claim because my computer is capable of HD and it refused to give me the HD quality.

The story is about a young man scientist who lives on a nowhere island called Swallow Falls. Their economy died after everyone realized that anchovies are really gross. He creates a machine that turns water into food. After a freak accident, his invention is blown up into the sky and turns clouds into food. With the help of a quirky meteorologist and a few other friends, the scientist stops the machine from destroying the world using food weather.
on April 21, 2015
I have a 4yo who loves Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2, so I figured we would have a look at the first one. He likes the original, but wants to fast-forward through all of the less exciting parts. There seems to be a lot less action and a lot more talking in this one compared to the second movie. The second movie he will never fast-forward. It keeps him interested for the duration of the movie which is saying a ton!

For me, the first and second movies are equally enjoyable. I love the silliness and fun of the series.
on November 16, 2014
This is just a great movie for kids, teens, and adults alike! I am 29 and I remember reading this book when I was in school. It brought back many great memories and let my imagination run wild like when I was young. It has a very cute storyline about a scientist making a machine that spits out real food (NOT SARDINES. YAY!). It ends up in the sky and eventually creates enormous food that threatens to take over the entire town of Chew and Swallow. It's was a great book and now it is a great movie.
on May 24, 2013
This animated movie is really whacky but it has some good messages. As giant hamburgers fall down from the sky, the film manages to warn us of the dangers of overindulgence and teaches us to accept ourselves (and others) for who we are. I really like they way the young heroine in the story is encouraged by the young hero to be her smart, nerdy self rather than trying to be a hyper-feminine dolled-up airhead. Also, some characters who have negative behavior at the beginning of the movie redeem themselves and I think that's good for kids to see. My 5 1/2 year old daughter and I enjoyed watching it together.
on June 12, 2017
This is my kid's favorite movie!
With lots of humor and a cute story line, it's a great movie for anybody.
on December 9, 2014
My three year old loves this movie, and honestly I really do, too. It's incredibly funny and fast paced. I have friends who wanted me to watch this with them before my son discovered it and I declined because I thought it would be stupid, but I was really wrong and I owe them an apology. The voice actors are all awesome (Neil Patrick Harris is Steve, the monkey on the cover, who speaks in one word sentences through an electronic thought translator. What could be better?)
Top Contributor: Petson January 12, 2013
I absolutely love this movie. Glad it came with two discs. It means I could have one and give one to a friend essentially. This movie's sense of humor is sensationally modern and I absolutely adore it. So clever and well put together. I can understand a lot of parents not getting because it's sort of a newer humor (30 and under generations sort of relish it). Anyways... I watch this movie all the time and never get tired of it. You see something new you missed in the background or a reference they made each time you watch it.