Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.09 shipping
Clover 3683 Interchangeable Circular Knitting Needles "Takumi Combo" Set
- 12-Needle sizes (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10.5, 11, 13, 15) 5-cord sizes (16, 24, 29, 36 and 48-inch ) 60 combinations
- Customized case for easy selection and storage, needles and cords
- Perfectly shaped tapered tip and silky finish of the needle surface
- Precision finish of the joint connection between needle and cord, smooth slide for every stitch
- Made in Japan
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
At last an interchangeable set of circular needles made with our famous premium TAKUMI bamboo. With 12-needle tip sizes ranging from 3 to 15, along with 5 cord lengths (16-inch, 24-inch, 29-inch, 36 and 48-inch), this incredible collection offers an amazing combination of 60-size. Presented in a luxurious leather-like zippered case, these needles, with their precision finish from tip to cord joint, insure a smooth ride for each stitch. No more scrambling to find a different size right in the middle of a project- it's all right there at your fingertips. Every serious knitter deserves a Takumi Combo set , 12-bamboo tip sizes, 5-cord lengths, exclusive Case.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The set comes with 12 needle sizes and 5 cord sizes. I actually only utilize one cord which is the 16" as I primarily knit cable knit beanies for the winter season. When making these I prefer circular needles as it is easier for me to just continuing around until I begin decreasing and changing to double pointed needles to close off the beanie. I find I make beanies quicker using the circular needle method rather than traditional needles and as I am not an expert at joining in the end (my joins end up quite obvious) I definitely love the fact you cannot tell where the beginning and end is using these circular needles. I actually purchased a spare replacement Clover 16" cord on Amazon so I could have two projects going on at the same time if I wanted to have a little variety at times. I absolutely love the fact that the replacement cords are readily available for separate purchase as it makes the investment of this set more satisfying.
The quality of the needles are exceptional. They are bamboo which makes it very lightweight compared to metal ones offered in other sets. I prefer the bamboo material for needles as it grips the yarn - it has less slippage than metal needles- which makes it easier as a beginner knitter for its disheartening when you accidentally drop your stitches when placing your work down for a moment. I find the bamboo needles easier for me to have a equal tension and uniformity in knitting as well so my rows are not too tight or too loose. If perhaps you are a more experienced knitter who likes speed I think you may be a little slowed by the bamboo needles gripping the yarn.
I often have to interchange needles in beanies and find it very easy to do so with this set. When making beanies the pattern often calls for smaller needles for the ribbing portion such as in a fold over beanie and then a switch to larger needles for the remainder of the beanie. The only problem I have had has been with the metal joints securing the needles. They are a very smooth transition as my yarn doesn't get caught on it at all; however, when knitting for many rows I find the metal joints slowly unscrewing themselves. I always am expecting this as it has always happened so I always make sure to tighten and re screw these joints every so often. I still feel this is an amazing set despite this problem as the pros definitely outweigh this minor nuisance.
So first of all, the benefits of an interchangeable circular set: It seems like an expensive set BUT
1. with 5 different cable lengths you'd have to buy 5 full sets of circular needles to get the same versatility.
2. any job you can do with straight needles you can do with circular needles
3. any job you can do with double pointed needles you can do with circular needles (using the magic loop method. See one of many videos on you tube. It's very easy)
4. you can switch out either the needles or the cord on the fly very easily
5. if you're making a hat or something else that calls for a switch from circular needles to double points for the decreases, you can use the magic loop method and not have to switch them out.
6. it's much easier to get your project into a knitting bag without points sticking out all over
Now granted I haven't tested out all of the interchangeable sets out there and I'm not an expert knitter but I'll address some of the features.
1. organization: the case is very nice, it holds all the needles perfectly in their spot and has a little plastic envelope with several pockets for all the cords so they're very easy to find. The case is also light and thin so easy to carry or store.
2. the case is stiff so you don't have to worry about your needles getting broken if you shove it somewhere.
3. the needles are very smooth, much nicer than the other bamboo needles I have
4. the cords are very easy to screw on, as the metal bit spins independently of the cord, so you don't have to twist the cord or needle to change them out (very useful if you're switching parts in the middle of a project)
5. the transition from cord to needles is very smooth in my opinion.
6. the only flaw I've noticed is they do unscrew a bit once in a while, but there's plenty of threading so you're likely to catch it way before it actually comes apart. I've never had the cord actually detach during a project or even come close.