Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper Mini Bassinet Convertible, Coco Natural (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
There is a newer version of this item:
- Portable playard, Co-Sleeper and free standing Bassinet
- Ready to travel, it's lightweight and folds up into an included nylon carrying case
- Wipe clean; machine wash sheet and liner
- Wheels on one end makes moving around the house and through doorways much easier
- Discontinue use once your child begins to push to their hands and knees or 5 months, whichever comes first
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
We wanted to have our baby in our room the first months knowing that most babies wake up every 2-3 hours and that getting up and walking to another room would be a killer (waking up is exhausting enough). I'm also breastfeeding so I didn't need to get anything ready/warm out of the bed. But if you're formula-feeding and you have bottle(s) and warmer on your night stand, you'll also find this useful.
- Convenient size. My 6-month-old still fits very comfortably lengthwise but she can touch both sides with her arms extended without being constrained.
- Baby in the same room. The first days while you recover it's the perfect companion since it doesn't required you to get out. Even if your partner helps you at night, during the day if you're home alone and resting (as you should) it's great. Later is the salvation of the exhausted sleepless parents. You don't have to go out to another room.
- Easy to move. The co-sleeper is intended to be used exclusively attached to the bed and there are several warnings printed in the bassinet. But we took the decision of using it unattached the first months since I needed to get in and out of the bed comfortably and not getting almost to the front of the bed. The wheels makes moving it very easy. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS COULD BE UNSAFE FOR OLDER BABIES ONCE THEY CAN ROLL SINCE THE BARRIER THAT GOES AGAINST YOUR BED IS ABOUT 5 INCHES HIGH AND IF THERE'S NO BED AGAINST IT, BABY COULD FALL. WE TOOK THIS DECISION AND WE CAREFULLY SUPERVISE THE DEVELOPMENT OF OUR BABY.Read more ›
To rectify this, it seems we'll have to shell out more than the cost of the sleeper on the matching real mattress. Which now makes this as expensive as larger cribs. Haven't been able to find a playard or bassinet mattress that will fit the 18" x 30" space (smaller than this and you're creating an unsafe space for baby to slide into). If anyone knows of a mattress brand and model that fits this space, I would really appreciate you sending it my way!
Here's the brief:
No mattress (at least not what can be considered a mattress)
At the very least mattress could have shipped flat - rather than with two large creases
Real mattress offered by company is tiny yet is more than the cost of the sleeper (clever of them, no?)
Fits in just about any space
Once you get through the not so descriptive instructions, pretty easy to assemble and fold down
Attaches to bed easily
Storage space below and pockets at sides
I read reviews that said that the mattress is not soft enough, but you aren't supposed to have a soft, fluffy mattress under a newborn. I do find the mattress a little thin, but I'm not the one sleeping on it. My little one seems to like it just fine.
Also, this thing is HEAVY. I guess that's good because it's sturdy, and at least it has wheels, but it is really heavy! I moved it from one room to another once and it was like a workout. :-)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
One of the best things I purchased as a new mom. It was very handy and durable.Published 2 months ago by ELM
My son slept in here until he was about a year and a half old. It was a bit hard to fold (one particular leg always gave trouble) but it's a great product. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Mika
It did the job but it was very difficult to put together. Three of us and several hours later. Once we took the bassinet down and saved it to use as a play pen never could use it... Read morePublished 23 months ago by Paula Gardner
I use it for portable crib and by the bed when my daughter was first born. Very useful for sleep deprived parents.Published on August 13, 2014 by Cher
I love my co-sleeper so much. Having my son next to me while he sleeps helps me to know he is safe. It also makes breastfeeding much more convenient. Read morePublished on April 18, 2014 by MrsMeganM