Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 31 reviews
on August 25, 2015
One of the best books I have ever read! This book helped me tremendously during a career transition, and I don't use this word lightly - miracles - started happening for me. I love Talane's voice; it jumps off the page, and she makes things so simple. I was in such a poor headspace before this book, I don't know how anything positive could have come from it. She helped me turn things around and become a happy and successful person again. I am eternally grateful! I was interviewing a career coach, but decided to try this first. THANK GOD! Saved a ton of money and got clarity. I now buy this book and give it as a gift. I really hope you buy it. The world would be a much better place if more people loved their work. Enjoy!
on April 13, 2013
I have read and love all three of Talane's books. I have read each one at least twice as I find something new each time I do. I have been in "Dream Career" search mode for several years. I found this book a year ago and enjoyed doing the suggested exercises from this book to find new facets to try and incorporate in my current job and while searching for the next step in my career. While I haven't landed in my "dream job" yet, I keep getting closer and I am enjoying the process instead of just spending each day at my current job frustrated with what I don't like. I performed the suggested activity to get my office cleaned and ready so I can just pick up my purse and leave when the next job comes, and yep, a new job opportunity presented itself. Attracting what you want really works! I also love the Envy exercise - it's amazing what you can learn about what you really want when you think about what you envy that other people have. I recommend this book for anyone who wants to chase an ideal life and not just a paycheck.
on May 25, 2010
I am a middle age executive that has had some health issues causing some modification and rethinking of my life's work and career. I have read Talane's other books and hired her as my personal coach. I must say that I have found this new book to be an incredible resource and guideline for anyone thinking or needed a new career......or reinventing their professional life. Talane teaches how to identify your true passions and values and create a practical plan to achieve your goals.

Coach Yourself to a new Career has several quizzes and worksheets that help define needs, boundaries and goals. Also in the book I found an annual life plan and career profile that was a great personal resource. I can't imagine considering a career change without this book as a guide.

I found Coach Yourself to a new Career not to be just about career change, but also a guide for making decisions and positive changes in both your personal and professional life. I have also joined Talane's [...] website, as it has many tools to help along one's journey in life.

I know Talane as a wonderful, caring, experienced coach, and those qualities really show in this book. I know it has helped me, and I am sure it will give you the coaching you need to help change your career, and your life.
on October 11, 2014
The reference to Natural Abilities is very good and is good advice. Some of the other stuff is a bit light and even after going through all of the exercises I did not really come up with much clarity.
on August 1, 2010
This book seems to have come to me at the most opportune time. I've always struggled with trying to figure out "what I want to be when I grow up". I've finally reached the point where I'm done feeling stuck on my current path and believe that I can set the direction for my own life. This book has proven to be tremendously helpful in that mission.

Talane knows exactly how to get her point across simply and effectively. I felt like she was speaking to me personally and knew exactly what I was thinking as I read along. I savored every word in this book. I found it to be practical, useful, inspiring, encouraging, and motivating. I have several friends and colleagues who are daring to do what they love, believing that they can be more content than they are now, and I've supplied them with the tool to build their new life -- this book.

Thank you Talane for your incredible talent. It's clear that you're doing what you're meant to be doing -- touching and affecting people's lives for the better.
VINE VOICEon October 9, 2014
I usually like to have one important takeaway from a book I'm reading. Talene's book has several and really good ones.
1. Deal with the challenges of your job now- don't like a micromanager , your next job can have the same character with a different name, perfect the present.
2. Don't try to meet your personal needs at work, this is a job, not your therapy club. In other words don't be needy. Project a cool professional detachment.
3.know your values and passion- my are order, control, purpose ,and contribution.
4.problems with co-workers set stronger boundaries and I love the part of calling people out when they violate your boundaries-are you aware you are yelling -the four part technique is worth the price of admission.
5.laws of attractions, using the subconscious and Feng Sui your office is fantastic. Immediately I have a book shelf on the side, Talene says put behind you for authority and respect.
And so many more the last one I leave you with - consider hiring an image consultant - for life changing transitions.

I loved the book and I will email her and let her know, I loved the book.
on May 25, 2014
I own Talane's previous book, Coach Yourself to Success and find this one equally motivating and helpful. This book makes you work at getting to the bottom of what you really want to do, who you are, and what your best qualities are. This requires you to think and write, which is exactly what you want to do when you're looking to change your work/career life.
on August 1, 2012
I really enjoyed this book. It is so practical and logical. It walks you through a number of assessment steps to much better understand who you are. This book gave me many practical applications for my life that have really helped. I recommend this book to anyone. Way to go Talane. Because I enjoyed this book so much I also read her book, Coach yourself to success, which I also highly recommend. She also offs a great web site: Lifecoach.com.
on April 7, 2017
Great book. I highly recommend it!
on May 11, 2014
I am going through a transition to my own business, and I found this extremely helpful. I'm someone who likes a logical, linear process and the process and tools she offers are perfect for accomplishing this transition.