- SAVE $3 on Modern Matcha Whisk from Coastal Tea Company when you buy one or more of our Ceremonial Grade Japanese Matcha. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Coastal Tea Rotating Matcha Whisk, Chasen Alternative, Green Tea Mixer, Bamboo Push Handle Whisk
|You Save:||$6.10 (31%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- NOT DISHWASHER SAFE - Many of the negative review and returns are a result of improper cleaning in a dishwasher
- Fast, easy alternative to a bamboo matcha whisk, Japanese chasen, or electric milk frother
- No mixing with metal on metal, the silicone coated whipping end protects your cups and mugs
- Whisk better matcha lattes and drinks without any lumps of undissolved powder
- Stainless steel rod and whisk wires coated with non-stick silicone, internal parts are NOT SAFE DISHWASHER SAFE
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The Modern Matcha Whisk by Coastal Tea Company provides a better method for sifting, hand mixing and frothing matcha tea powder when compared to a traditional bamboo matcha whisk, electric milk frother, or a stainless steel rotating whisk. It's a hand propelled kitchen whisk/wisk that smoothly rotates 360° when pushed. The whisk head is coated with a soft, heat resistant, food safe silicone to protect fragile ceramic tea cups, mugs, or chawan bowls from scrapes or scuffs. The wood handle is made from all natural bamboo, and it's internal components are cast with durable stainless steel metal. Use it to flawlessly sift, mix and froth matcha green tea powder while breaking apart powder clumps, leaving behind a thick frothy foam. A great addition to your matcha accessories. Please be aware, it is not a dishwasher safe product.
1. Add 1/2 - 1 tsp. of matcha green tea powder and 2 oz. of hot water (175°F) to a 10 oz. mug
2. Place the matcha whisk in the mug, then push down and release continously to froth your matcha
3. Fill up the rest of the cup with 165°F water and enjoy
Details & Specs
• 10.25 x 2.25 x 2.25 inch size, ice blue silicone coating color
• No batteries required
• Bamboo wood handle
• Hand wash only, NOT dishwasher safe
• Stainless steel parts and components
• Food safe FDA approved silicone whisk
• Protein shaker or mixer
• Baby formula mixer
• General purpose rotating or spinning kitchen whisk
• Milk frother and drink mixer
• Great addition to your matcha whisk set
Top Customer Reviews
When it works, the frothing action is solid - However, when it routinely jams and sticks, you're repeatedly forced to wait for the whisk to finally spring back from the bamboo handle. I also noticed that within the first few uses, the silicone seal along the metal edges was beginning to peel and flake into my tea.
Definitely disappointing, but Coastal Tea seems like a good company, so I'll definitely keep an eye out for a version #2 in the future
I like this a lot. Works well to mix matcha.
Much easier to clean than a chasen. The wood handle and whisk half pull apart easily so you can put the whisk part in the dishwasher. Never put wood in a dishwasher.
Since you press on the bottom of the mug, you have to do this in a hard (i.e. ceramic, etc.) bowl or mug. I wasn't thinking and tried it in a paper disposable coffee cup and poked a hole right through the bottom! lol
Also be careful when you compress the spring, if it gets stuck it might fly out of your hands (only happened once, and was probably my fault).
The spring makes a squeaking noise when you pump the handle (that motion makes the whisk spin)
Do be warned though I used this in a small coffee cup and it was just big enough to not dip the wood in the water when using it. If you plan on using this on a taller mug or anything I would suggest either something else or be very quick to clean and dry it as the wood would quickly become water damaged if you used this a lot without drying it.
And it holds up just fine. I demo the whisking action in my video, and there are two points I want to stress:
a) The metal bar is on the short side, so when pressing down, the bamboo handle will come into contact with the liquid in most larger cups and containers. However, this leads me to the second point.
b) As soon as you are finished with the whisk, DRY THE HANDLE. Do not let the liquid just sit and dry on its own. Bamboo is wonderful wood, but it is also inherently absorbent (and why this isn't dishwasher safe). However, as long as you hand dry the handle after use, you will get many, many years of use from this whisk.
Aside from that, a great manual kitchen tool for weak hands with aesthetic appeal.
- Complimentary product provided for evaluation, yet my thinking here reflects all my personal purchasing decision processes, and hopefully may help clarify if this best meets your own needs and expectations.