Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 751 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 811 reviews
VINE VOICEon January 4, 2012
I've had a storage trunk in our living area for the past decade for the kids toys, games & crafts. Its been repaired a few times over the years, and finally it fell apart a couple days before Christmas. I was looking for a storage ottoman, and I did not want to spend a lot of money. I was a little nervous hoping the item was as good as it looked. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. But I took the chance and ordered it.
I was really pleased when it arrived to find the item to be better than I expected. The color is true to the picture, a deep dark chocolate brown, the tufted top is well done and looks much more expensive that it cost. The hinges on the lid seem to be good quality and work smoothly. The lid stays up when lifted and closes without slamming back down when closing. The inside is lined in a basic black backing material and is neatly fitted, the legs/feet screw on and off.
I have twin boys that are already giving this a real workout and I hope this will hold up well for awhile.

Please Note ****** I could not find the measurements before I purchased mine, so I measured and the approx size is 42" x 22" and 19" tall with the legs on. The inside storage area is 8" deep.
55 comments| 280 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2010
This ottoman is lovely! I thought that for the price there would be something low quality about it, but not at all! It is sturdy and heavy, though not too heavy for a petite female (me) to lift/move it. It has spacious storage inside, and a soft cushion on top. The assembly took about 1 minute. All you do is screw the legs in the bottom. The color in the picture seems totally accurate too. It matches my dark brown leather couch perfectly!
22 comments| 199 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2012
OK, so firstly, I ordered this around 3 pm yesterday and it arrived at 10 am this morning - gotta love that prime membership - there were cheaper prices, but once you added shipping it was less than $10, and I have waited weeks for other companies to send stuff, so I trust Amazon Fulfillment to deliver when requested!

Secondly, this item is really good quality - it DOES look like leather, it's very nicely made, lots of storage, easy to assemble, not that heavy to move by yourself if you have to (I'm 5 ft and had to carry it upstairs, another person would have helped a bit!).

The photo on Amazon is pretty good at representing the color - it is a VERY dark brown - it is NOT a medium or milk chocolate kind of brown. Lots of storage room inside, but only about 8-9 inches deep, but very wide and long so wuld easily fit blankets, a couple of pillows etc.

Now, to answer some of the bad reviews you may have read giving it one star:

- this item said made in 2010, but wherever mine was stored it didn't smell and there was no plastic smell after it was unwrapped either.

- The legs I got were the right ones, but were more of a cherry/ mahogany color and I would call the ottoman more of a dark mahogany color - that might bother some people (doesn't bother me).

- I checked the item thoroughly, all the lines on the top of the ottoman line up nicely and are well sewn and sturdy looking.

- there were a couple of loose staples on the underside attaching the mesh that tidies up the bottom (underside) of any furniture - I realized those staples had gone in crooked and totally missed the frame, so I took a small hammer, lined them up at a different angle and tapped them back in and all fixed - make sure you check this and fix it right away or the whole thing could start to separate and it's an easy fix.

- the legs lined up nicely and went on easily, didn't have any issues that people have mentioned with those legs.

- the hinges are VERY sturdy - the lid stays open nicely (doesn't fall at all) when you're adding things and the lid closes down tightly so it looks just like a seat - this way you have hidden storage.

I have added a couple of photos - one of the piece by the end of my king size bed and one of it open to give you an idea of how big it is - check them out at the top in the photos area.

All in all I would highly recommend this - I can't speak for it's longevity, but nor can anyone else as many times I have spent a fortune on a piece and it didn't last - I expect this to last just as long as any ottoman would.
review image review image review image
55 comments| 214 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 4, 2015
Like everyone else I loved the look of this ottoman and the price was great! I went straight to the poor reviews to see what people didn't like about it and decided the issues were probably isolated incidents and went ahead and purchased the item. When the item first arrived it never left the box bc the hinge was clearly broken. We called customer service decided to try one more time and requested an exchange. They shipped us a new ottoman and arranged pick-up for the damaged one. Now, 2 mos later hinge is coming apart, but since it has been over 30 days they will not stand behind their product. Do not buy this product despite the price... You get exactly what you pay for and then some in time, energy, and frustration.
review image review image
on November 10, 2011
I've been looking for an ottoman to use for storage and coffee table combo, and I did not want to spend a lot of $. I was excited to find this one listed on amazon for an amazing price, even with shipping it was still half the cost of what I've been seeing in the stores. I was a little nervous hoping the item was as good as it looked. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. But I took the chance and ordered it. I was really pleased when I got the package after about 6 days to find the item to be better than I expected. The color is true to the picture, the tufted top is well done and looks much more expensive that it cost.. The hinges on the lid seem to be good quality and work smoothly. The lid stays up when lifted and closes without slamming back down when closing. The inside is lined in a basic black backing material and is neatly fitted and edged. The only reason I'm not going 5 stars is that the feet are an odd reddish color that clashes with the brown. But, they are made of a nice wood of some sort that I can paint or even stain to better match. The legs/feet screw on and off so I'll just have to spend 30 minutes or so to refinish. I like this ottoman at this price so I don't even mind the hassle. Also, I could not find the dimensions listed before I purchased so I measured mine and this is the approx size. 42" x 22" and 19" tall with the legs on. Perfect coffee table size. The inside storage area is 8" deep.
0Comment| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2015
Despite my concerns about it looking potentially cheap I have found that in person, it looks quite nice. The leather like material has held up well but keep in mind we do not have children. It only takes a moist cloth to wipe it clean and an occasional vacuum around the buttons. We store extra blankets and a comforter inside. It came in a box with the legs unattached so you just have to screw on the legs and you're good to go. I imagine that you could change out the leg style to change the ottomans appearance but I rather like the stubby wooden legs.
on August 5, 2013
Personally, I love this item. It accentuates my couch very well, and it feels sturdy. I don't think I could put extremely heavy items inside of the compartment, but I don't think that's really the purpose either. For me, I just like to put my media PC keyboard, remote controls, and a few other things inside it, which really helps keep a minimalistic look to my living room. Throwing my feet up on the ottoman is also really nice, and the top of it is sturdy enough to set cups and dishes on it without fear of them tipping over. Combined with my statement about throwing my feet up on it, I'm sure that sounds a little unappealing, but hey... hhhhh.
on February 22, 2014
Received a broken product, lid askew and with hinge ripped out. Minimal responses to my requests for an exchange. Took days to return my emails. Finally company offered $50 discount after I filed formal complaint with Amazon. Had ottoman repaired, hinges realigned, looks great now after repair. This whole process of attempting to deal with the company was very frustrating and unprofessional. Very disappointing.
on September 25, 2014
I purchased this ottoman Dec 2012 after reading the reviews, I figured it was not that expensive and it looked nice... well tell you what... I take very good care of my things but even all the care did not prevent 1 button from completely coming loose and the back panel totally warping, the thing looks like it got a spasm, this happened not even a year after purchase; there is barely if any humidity in my livingroom area so I haven't been able to figure out the cause of that one. I've had to cover it strategically with a nice throw so the deformity won't be so obvious, went as far as taking off the hinge on one side to see if I could straighten it a bit... NOT... I have to say it is very disappointing because I really liked the look of it, would I purchase another?... NOT, I'm afraid the same thing will happen. Meanwhile it will stay cover until I can replace it with a better quality one. I'm giving it 2 stars because like I said I really really liked it when I got it and the storage space is nice.
on April 25, 2017