Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 56 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 68 reviews
on June 8, 2012
This unit is amazing. The features it has such as the hrs log and duty log are very nice. Alot of people gave it lesser reviews because of the routing, the day I received this unit in the mail I called cobra registered the product and the sent me a dvd via mail with the 2012 map pack for free. I have had no issues with routing at all( I drive a 28 ft flatbed straight truck ). The POI were updated via cobra web site and are spot on. The screen is huge plenty big enough to see without straining my eyes. Yes the unit may be glitchy at first but after doing all the updates it works perfect for me. (edit) After almost 4 months of use on the road with this unit I can truly say that the gps unit is good...not great, but what has upset me most of all is Cobra's complete lack of customer service. I have never actually recsived the 2012 map updates that I was promised more than 4 times from them still waiting... and now the web site says "2012 map updates are now available" but when I click on the link I am redirected to a page saying that the content I'm serching for cannot be found. Calling Cobra has gotten me nowhere and I am ready to throw this $300 unit out of my truck window if it sends me through another small town instead of just keeping me on the freeway.
on September 6, 2011
Good Points:

Distance to Rest Stops;
Nearest Mile Marker location;
Larger screen is easier to read

Not So Good My Friend:

ETAs are way off, even if indicating an empty trailer;
Visual display isn't the best;
Did not perform well recently in Eastern PA to include height recognition and routing;

I ordered this product on 7/31/2011; its now 9/6/2011 and I fear that it might be too late to return this item for an exchange with Amazon but I'll find out. I'd like to try the Rand McNally 710. I'll see about the exchange today. In the meantime, my Garmin Nuvi 465 replacement came in from the manufacturer. The 465 acted like it had a virus about a year after purchase; Garmin reviewed my claim, and the unit, and decided to issue a replacement. The Garmin Nuvi 465 outperforms the Cobra 7750 handlely but doesn't have the good points listed above. I thought it was time to try out the competitive products since I had to return my unit for replacement. Both are easy enough to figure out; you just keep pushing buttons:)
on March 28, 2013
Was sorry for the purchase. Wish I had spent a few dollars more for the Rand McNally GPS. I bought this because of the Cobra Name and experience with CB Radios. The Cobra HOS tracking I is useless, it doesn't track truck service. It is easier to input addresses but the directions are sent can be long not preferred. I do like the simulation offer, but the turn by turn is hard to find. Overall Cobra failed to use the satellites well, it seems to be about a half mile off on State lines and miles to Weigh Stations. No current location speed limit. The Aura system is not what I was hoping for. Yes it warns of speed traps but is only about a third are truly active. I was much happier with the Rand McNally .
on June 18, 2012
I'm going back to Garmin. After running the 7750 for a while I've decided this thing is junk, editing routes it gives is almost impossible, it routes my 18 wheeler to roads that don't exist, puts me on restricted roads where a big truck has no business going. Baltimore MD seems to be the worst place, this thing is terrible. I've been using the maps app on my phone as a backup for when the cobra gets lost. Don't waste your money, I hear the Rand McNally gps is doing a good job.
on October 20, 2011
A large (7" diagonal) bright beautiful GPS that acquires satellites quickly, with excellent up-to-date street maps, and good informative screens, this moderately expensive GPS unit has some quirks you need to know:

Missing are next exit and next cross street information. Incredible.
So the only way to read the next cross street is to read it off the map where it may be sideways or upside down and keeps moving as you move. Awful!
Missing are miles to the next exit. That's bad, really bad.
So now I am running two GPSs, the Cobra gives me mile marker info, and another cheapo GPS tells me the next exit. Together I can figure out how far I am from the next exit. I should not need two GPSs for that.

To zoom in one step, you have to hit the screen three times. First to open to zoom tab, then to increase the zoom, then to close the tab. And all three hits have to be well aimed. Terrible. Unbelievable. Who designed this?
To see mile markers you have to keep a tab open - that covers up one third of the screen, and the screen does not recenter. So if you have North on top and travel east, you cannot see much ahead on the map. Ridiculous!
The mount is so completely inadequate (this is a big and heavy unit) that the unit shakes like bobble-head figures with every little bump, making information unreadable. Be ready to make your own dash mount.
Volume is inadequate for trucks.
The on and off button has to be found (there is no marking, you need to feel your way to find it) and has to be held down for three seconds or longer to turn the unit on or off - an eternity.

Routing - not tested. I plan trips on google maps.

The speed trap and traffic databases are notoriously unreliable for all GPSs. I do not use them. True to form, old local speed traps long abandoned still result in warnings, while major interstate construction that restricts lanes and slows traffic seem to be missed. These problems are the same for all three GPS systems I have. I don't hold this against this Cobra model.

The Cobra has other features like trucker log, duty hours, and miles traveled in each state. These are nice and work well.

Overall: a nice unit with some quirks and design oddities.
on November 20, 2012
I qualified this GPS with 4 stars becouse is very help full give's me a good route for even straight truck and semi truck and kept track of my driving miles with out programed to do so, the aura service makes me tough that it will detect radar traps from Highway patrols but is not like that, it tells you oneradar trap happen there and sometimes police is not there but it might be so I slow down, scales sites very good too the only thing I dont really like is that some adress's I looking for like for example 89 hwy in Arizona it wont show up to be more exact this hwy is the one is conecting Flagstuff to Sedona and some other places , I really will like to know if this GPS can be updated with a integrated radar and lasser detector that could make this GPS an extraordinary truck driver tool
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2013
The company is dreadful. I bought this GPS for its' price and seemingly good quality. DO NOT BUY. The maps are outdated, the battery lasts no more than an hour. If that's not bad enough, the model in the box was 7700 instead of 7750, and there was no able way to update it. COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY. DO NOT BUY. I'm incredibly disappointed and will not buy another one of their products again. Spend an extra few dollars and get a reliable GPS! I wish I could give zero stars.
on August 31, 2013
My dad says he loves it. He is not computer literate so I was worried he would have problems with the set-up. He says he set it up with no problems. All the addresses he puts in have got him where he needed to be. He has been driving over the road for 50 years and relies on paper maps and directions from companies to get into town. This is a big change for him, but he has adjusted well and is very happy with his GPS so far. In the truck stops they advertise these $100.00 or more Amazon is AWESOME!
on July 18, 2012
I bought this for my husband who drives all 48 states and right off the bat this thing didn't work out of the box. It wouldn't take programs or routes, it said there were no such routes or addresses, no such house numbers, and so on. I would not buy another cobra gps product for any amount of money. It was a total waste of money on this one. So buyer beware! Amazion customer service went way beyound what we expected from them, they were very helpful n understanding in makeing this situation right. Thank you Amazion!
on September 18, 2012
I like most things about the GPS except: it comes with only a quick reference guide on how to install and set up. No owners manual that tells you how to update the maps or how to do it. I drive truck everyday and with the constant road construction going on I need to know about new or widened road which are accessible. I was on State Route 35 last night going from Point Pleasant, WV to Charleston, Wv the road has been finished for some time but acording to the GPS i looked like i was driving across a brown field (no road). So updating it say once a week or so and especially knowing how to update would be very helpful.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.