Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 48 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 67 reviews
on February 9, 2012
I ordered two of these. I really liked the Android phone interface, however two things I didn't like were: 1) the "fob" that attaches to key must be charged via USB cord, there is no replaceable battery. 2) Five minutes after a "full" charge, my Droid RAZR told me the battery needed charging. More than once. I never opend the second one, just returned both.
Too bad, I really wanted it to work.
Update Feb 11th. I ordered another as I have several people that want one if the charge will hold on new device. Will update again after a few days.
After two more days: I still like what it does, the dongle seems to have a seven to eight HOUR charge cycle, hardly as advertised as seven DAYS.
After a week. Same results. About seven hours continuous use. If they made the fob with a replaceable battery, THEN it would be worthwhile.
44 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2014
I had a cobra and broke it so instead of buying another, I tried the Pally which wasn't consistent at all. It would work then the very next time it wouldn't detect seperation.
I then tried the Proximo. In theory it all the features I needed like Safe Zones but all this thing does is false alarm after false alarm. My keys and phone would be right next to each other and it would just go off. Only option was to turn the alarm off which then makes it pointless.
I ordered another Cobra Tag. My only issue with the Cobra Tag is it needs charged every 1 to 2 days. The others use replaceable batteries that last from 6 months to 2 years.
on November 27, 2016
Great device once the app program is downloaded to Android. As long as your phone and cobra tag are close to one another (like in a purse or on a desk) the tag's battery life will last about 5 days. It has been extremely helpful for quickly locating my keys or phone while rushing out of the house.

My only concern is that when the two items are separated more than 50 feet, the cobra tag will only beep once in a high pitch, which is easy to miss in a noisy environment with running machinery. The phone will continue to ring until the bluetooth connection between both items is restored.
on November 28, 2013
First of all, it has unpredictable behaviour. Secondly, it beeps very quietly and only few times when you leave the keys or whatever else behind. There is no way to adjust the volume of the alarm, it beeps only 3 times and there is no option of increasing the number of beeps. There is very poor distance predictability: you can be around the monitored device and the alarm will be set off, or you can walk much farer that the set 20 feet distance and the alarm remained silent or started beeping much later. The performance of the set defeats its purpose. They have to work hard to improve the performance of this gaget.
on January 15, 2016
I really liked this when I first got it. It worked well for the first 3 months. Then it just stopped working. The phone app has an indicator to show when the device is charged, and at this point, it indicates the device is fully charged when there is no charge left. It shows that there is no charge when the device has been fully charged. There is no way to replace the battery. There are other devices that do the same thing that have better ratings. I am looking for something now that has replaceable batteries.
on May 8, 2014
I thought I found the solution to the loss of car keys, but after the experience of the product did not solve the problem because the product is always out of coverage because the battery is empty, you must recharge every 5 hours.
on August 23, 2014
I like this thing. Two big problems. The battery only lasts a few days. Worse, there is no way to have the unit notify you when it is getting low on power. That should be baked into the software.
on January 3, 2012
Great idea here from Cobra, but the battery only lasts a day, maybe 2 if you are lucky. Charging it every night is real hassle and heaven forbid you actually forget to charge it once and that is the time you lose your keys. Not very reliable or useful until Cobra improves the battery. Also, the app will not work on Blackberry Bold's or Curves, FYI
on July 31, 2014
BATTERY GOS LOW FAST
on December 9, 2014
The product was promised to have a week long battery. It lasts only a day. I do not want to charge this thing every day! This broken promise generates a big problem for me. Thanks, but no thanks. I will return this product.