Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Cobra Electronics CDR 830 Drive HD Dash Cam with G..." and save 76% off the $169.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Cobra Electronics CDR 830 Drive HD Dash Cam with GPS (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$49.99 + $8.73 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Records everything you see in 1080P Full HD (1920x1080). Audio recording is user selectable (on/off). Infrared LEDs allow you to film day or night
- Internal GPS embeds your exact location and time in every recording. Free PC software allows you to view video along with exact location and G-Sensor Information
- Includes an 8GB MicroSD memory card so the unit is ready to use out-of-the-box. Installation is simple with a heavy duty suction cup mount
- Continuous Loop Recording overwrites old footage unless you want to save it. A time/date stamp is embedded on all recordings
- G-Sensor automatically saves events when a collision has been detected
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Cobra Electronics CDR 830 Drive HD Dash Cam with GPS
To deliver peace of mind, security, and maybe even some entertainment, Cobra’s Drive HD Dash Cams record everything drivers see in full 1080P HD video. It’s a crazy world out there and Drive HD Dash Cams are the perfect solution to continuously record you surroundings keep you and your vehicle safe and secure. An embedded G-Sensor automatically saves clips where an impact has been detected and the CDR 830 includes GPS to simulcast your precise location on a Google Map along with your video. Drive HD Cams also take 12 megapixel still shots and all images and videos can be viewed on a TV or Computer.
Also includes: Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery, 130 degrees Wide Angle Lens, Emergency Record Button, EIS Anti-Shake, Built-in Microphone & Speaker, Mini USB Port, MicroSd Card Slot (up to 32 GB), HDMI Output.
The CDR 830 features full HD Recording that records everything you see in 1080P Full HD (1920x1080). It also features GPS Position Logging that embeds exact location, time, and speed information into videos. A 8 GB MicroSD Memory Card is included, so the unit is ready to use out-of-the-box. The CDR 830 has Continuous Loop Recording that deletes oldest footage as needed for space, with time/date stamp embedded on all recordings. It also has a G-Sensor that automatically saves events when a collision has been detected. Video can be viewed on the vivid 2.7 inch LCD Screen. Video can also be played back on your TV or computer.
- Full HD Recording - Records everything you see in 1080P Full HD (1920x1080).
- GPS Position Logging - Embeds exact location, time and speed information into videos.
- 8 GB MicroSD Memory Card Included - Unit is ready to use out-of-the-box.
- Continuous Loop Recording - Time/Date stamp embedded on all recordings.
- G-Sensor - Automatically saves events when a collision has been detected.
- Vivid 2.7 Inch LCD Screen - Video can also be played back on your TV or computer.
Compare to similar items
This item Cobra Electronics CDR 830 Drive HD Dash Cam with GPS (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Shipping||$8.73||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||DiscountsJungle||Amazon.com||Wholesale Connection||Zero Edge Technology, LLC||ITRUE||WheelWitness|
|Item Dimensions||3.47 x 1.4 x 1.91 in||3.9 x 1.5 x 2.4 in||9.9 x 12 x 1.9 in||1.57 x 3.54 x 2.17 in||2 x 3.5 x 1 in||1.18 x 3.9 x 1.85 in|
To deliver peace of mind, security, and maybe even some entertainment, Cobras Drive HD Dash Cams record everything drivers see in full 1080P HD video. Its a crazy world out there and Drive HD Dash Cams are the perfect solution to continuously record you surroundings keep you and your vehicle safe and secure. An embedded G-Sensor automatically saves clips where an impact has been detected and the CDR 830 includes GPS to simulcast your precise location on a Google TM Map along with your video. Drive HD Cams also take 12 megapixel still shots and all images and videos can be viewed on a TV or Computer. Also includes: Rechargable Lithium Ion Battery, 130 Wide Angle Lens, Emergency Record Button, EIS Anti-Shake, Built-in Microphone amp;amp; Speaker, Mini USB Port, MicroSd Card Slot up to 32GB, HDMI Output.
Top customer reviews
My own experiences have been as follows:
1) The first unit worked great in my car window for about 2 weeks and then it began to randomly start-up with the frame shifted (rolled) 1/3 or 2/3 horizontally. This would record the same way, with the screen split vertically and sometimes rolling every 5-10 seconds. If you power cycle the dash cam, the issue went away, but this gets tiring multiple times a day. While this may date me, this issue reminds me of the old tube-type televisions that had a horizontal and vertical hold settings that would get out of sync and roll. Amazon made it extremely easy to order a new replacement and send the failing one back - you rock!
2) The second Cobra Dash Cam did not have any video issues out of the box and everything worked great (again) for about a week. Then suddenly, one day I noticed that the GPS symbol had disappeared from the screen. I checked the settings and tried resetting the unit, to no avail. Unplugging & re-plugging the GPS unit made no difference and the recorded video had no GPS data recorded. I searched support forums and scoured the Internet, but no other suggestions were out there. Amazon made it extremely easy to order another new replacement (AGAIN) and I sent the second failed one back.
3) The third Cobra unit arrived about 3 weeks ago and has been working perfectly so far (no video issues and the GPS seems solid). I have continued to use my same 32GB micro SD card with all of these units (purchased separately) and the video recording has worked flawlessly and seamlessly, regardless of the other issues.
My Impressions and Grades using the Cobra Dash Cam:
Ease of use (B+): The button locations are not intuitive for changing menus, scrolling and selecting and the shipped documentation is vague. I suggest searching the Internet for Cobra CDR 830 instructions and downloading the two page visual instruction leaflet (it helps immensely). Once you have this visual aide, navigating the menus and configuring the unit is much easier.
Features (A+): I have looked at every Dash cam unit out there and this seems to be one of the most feature-rich options at an affordable budget price. For me, the most important features included the GPS (tracking locations), true HD recording (detail is everything), MicroSD support (expandability), G-sensor (just in case), larger 2.7" screen (easy to watch), motion detection (for security), a wide set of configuration options (vast choices), anti-shake (minimizes movement affects), wide angle lens (greater view) and fluid continuous recording (no loss between files).
Reliability (C): This was a mixed bag for me, since I had multiple issues, but all three dash cam units (despite the issues) always recorded (the essential job #1). Based on the annoyance factor alone with exchanging out two failed units, I am giving this a lower grade. The acid test will be the ongoing reliability over time. My dash cam is permanently mounted in my car and I keep the live video turned on, so I will know if any issues surface again.
Portability (A-): The battery is pretty much the same as all other units out there, it gives you about 10-15 minutes without power. Since this is enough time to keep recording briefly after loss of power or support capturing pictures (in the event of an accident), I think it is adequate. Unlike a couple other reviewers, I like the shape and size of this unit and in my smaller sized sports car, it hangs just below my rearview mirror without blocking my windshield.
Results (A+): The unit delivers where it counts (even despite my initial issues), recoding video continuously and capturing every moment while driving. I keep my recording quality at 1080p and the amount of detail is nothing short of amazing. Reviewing video that was recorded during normal daytime driving, I can read every license plate of cars within view and road signs within an acceptable distance. I have the video set to loop continuously and nothing is missed between recording files.
Adverse Conditions (B): Night time driving recorded at 1080p is limited to the field of view in my headlights. I cannot see any real benefit from the IR LEDs (lowered the grade a bit), but I am satisfied with the recording within the range of my headlights and street lights. During a light to moderate rain, the recording through moving windshield wipers is a bit more choppy (constant movement), but the video is just as sharp.
Motion Detection (A): While this has worked fine on all three units I have used, I don't find much practicality for use in my car. If there is any movement or change within the dash cam's field of view, it continually records until the motion stops. Therefore, if you park near anywhere busy (like a mall parking garage), then the unit will likely record continually. Conversely, if there is any movement outside the view of the dash cam then nothing is recorded. If you bring along an AC adapter, this would be useful as a security cam for your hotel room.
Overall Summary - 3 out of 5 Stars
If you can get a reliable Cobra CDR 830 Dash Cam, it delivers a wide range of very useful features and configurations with high quality video recording that shows amazing detail for a very reasonable price. While night time recording diminishes the field of view to lighted areas, it has been adequate for my driving purposes as a dash cam. There are a lot of bells and whistles with this product (such as motion detection and anti-shake) that may have additional benefits and uses. If you search for additional Cobra CDR 830 instructions on the Internet, there is documentation out there that makes using the product much easier.
For the superb (and painless) customer experience exchanging these faulty units, Amazon continues to get 5 Stars!
The CDR 830 comes with a GPS antenna on the windshield mount, and if you download cobra's software, you can view the GPS data of your footage. However the software is not accessible on a Mac, so I don not have any experience with this feature.
The suction cup mount is strong, but a bit cumbersome to apply. A bit of patience is required to keep it in place. Also, there are no instructions included with the camera, however you can find a manual on Cobra's website.
Overall, this unit is a great choice for those who need a dash-cam.
The downloadable software works very well and shows my video, placement on the map and speed/gforce. I was able to use the software on the PC only but the Mac would read the video files from the card.
I would recommend this camera, the build seems good and the output quality is fantastic.
Had this for a week now and it just saved me. Got in an accident and this was definitive proof for the police. Everybody should have one of these!
I proceeded to call the company to attempt to get support! After waiting for 2 hours on hold I left a message and received an automatic response of "someone will contact you within 24 hours!"
After 4 days waiting for a callback I decided it was time just to return it! 2 weeks later I get a call from their support department which happened to have the WORST attitude for a phone rep! I happily hung up and refuse to do any further business with the cobra company!
Most recent customer reviews
Good quality pictures.