Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jon Batiste Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on July 29, 2016
It works as expected. Too sensitive in the city! But on the highway performs quite well. The suction pads seem to be of some lower grade plasic that fails to attach well to the window. Also the bracket that supports the unit is kind of hard to insert and remove.
on February 16, 2015
I bought this radar detector for my girlfriend after she came home crying because she got her first speeding ticket. I was surprised at how well it worked / kept silent when paired with a phone. Of course it's a bit of a battery drain to have maps and bluetooth up, but at the time we weren't traveling many places where there were false alarms, so there really was no need to pair it; and I figured at some point we could dedicate one of our old phones to it. Recently I got tagged and my 6 year old whistler detector never went off (it probably didn't have the version of laser the CT cop used), so I decided it was time to upgrade the one in my car as well and I got the i230 model. Recently, the powers that be seem to have deliberately added in a ton of radar interference to rt 15 and 95 in CT to the point where it's unbearable to use the detectors unless they are paired with a phone. Fortunately, the big box stores are now selling new contract free android phones for $10, I picked one up to dedicate to the detector so I wouldn't have to worry about battery drain on my primary device (who's internet I can share with the other phone).
While I was pleasantly surprised by the volt-meter and warning system they built into the software, the rest of the software package leave something to be desired. There's no way to distinguish between stray signals, and one of those moving radar signs that may actually alert an undercover behind you to your actual speed. Further, it doesn't run well in the background if you have google maps up. It would be much nicer if it just integrated reporting into ways or just overlayed another more useable mapping app (google maps?), but again a second phone is now so cheap it's not really a problem to just run a separate instance of it (and it probably runs find on a multi-core phone).
on January 27, 2017
It gets 5 stars because it paired, connected and worked as expected with my Android phone using Cobra's smartphone app iRADAR. Like the iRAD 100 & iRAD105, it's a radar detector that can work as a stand alone system that is audio alert only. The audio alert only mode is good if you are only after an alert that it's being set off by a certain band/type of radar. TheiRAD 200/230 is the unit/kit that works for both Android & Apple. The iRAD 105 model is Android only and came after the iRAD 100. The iRAD 200/230 married compatibility of Android & Apple iOS smartphones in the same unit. It has a hard switch that allows you to choose which smartphone it's paired and connected to.
on April 8, 2014
This is a fantastic device. You can use an old cell phone and load the app from the Play Store. Then mount the phone on the windshield of the bike. Now you have heads up display for speed, radar detection, and GPS.
on June 16, 2014
These detectors are great, small, affordable, and highly customizable. And once you have programmed it with your cell phone you can just let it do it's thing if you want, with a volume wheel and mute button for voice and tone alerts it is fully functional as a stand alone unit. But with the cell phone connected you get access to a massive database of red light cameras, speed traps, and other cobra users in your area giving off radar and laser alerts!

I bought this one for $45 with shipping and got it in 3 days from a US re-seller. It easily matches the detection of my old passport 8500 and previous more expensive stand alone cobra models, and has the same features of the more expensive "intelligent systems" that can range up to $500 from valentine and escort.

This model has a switch on the detector to go between iphone/android, so it is compatible with both.
on September 25, 2017
I have had this for over year now. It worked great the beginning but now has lot of false alarms. Mostly due to the newer vehicles with radar
on August 8, 2013
First let me say that this is not a three or four hundred dollar machine. It is not made by Escort.

Detection range is pretty good. On my 650 mile road trip, the iRad 200 was capable of picking up a radar 2 to 3 miles out, through traffic on hilly highway.

The detector does pick up false alarms, but all detectors do. I turned off the X band which eliminated most false alarms. The android app is pretty nice, but not really worth much after programming the iRadar 200.

The volume can be VERY load if the volume is turned up. When a radar is encountered, the detector makes several load chirps, announces the frequency (k, ka, pop, vg2) and then the alerts are at half volume.

In the sub 100 dollar market, this is a good detector.
on April 20, 2015
Not a super range but better than nothing. However, it is EXCELLENT for warning you about those slimy red light and speeding cameras. Used with your smartphone, it accesses the federal database all localities, like MONTGOMERY COUNTY, MD, must provide location data to! (The county is filled with them!)
on September 6, 2014
Easy to operate and the iPhone app works great. I like that it not only relies on detecting radar, but collaborates with social media to locate hazards and traffic jams. It seems to work well around town and I am looking forward to taking it on a road trip next week.
on September 22, 2017
It warns me of approching train tracks when there are none, very annoying sometimes.