Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Marine Vhf Radio
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on April 13, 2012
Combining Marine and GMRS in one quality hand-held radio is a great move by Cobra. Now I can carry one radio and use both bands. This radio is also water resistant which beats most of the FRS/GMRS radios on the market. I can also monitor weather and receive weather alerts via this one device. It comes packaged with both rechargable and AA battery cases which makes it very reliable. It is an excellent and reliable radio with many uses in one package. I have owned/used seperate Marine and GMRS radios in the past and this new model eases the use of both bands. Since consumer Marine radios can only legally be used on the water, this rig gives the option of switching to GMRS once on land(although a license is required for GMRS due to the radio power levels).
on July 26, 2007
I purchased this Cobra MR HH425LI VP VHF Radio to use out on the Delta. After using it I have found that the range is very low, maybe 2 miles on a good day if you have a open view to the receiving party. It is easier to hear others then it is to communicate back even on the High power, when close they get static, if they can even hear you, the coast gaurd towers can not even pick you up on the relays when I tried to contact them about a piling in the water. I would highly suggest that someone really does some shopping if this is your only means of communicating to the coast gaurd or vessels unless you are going to be within a mile of your contact, you can get that out of a walkie talkie. The radio is fine for monitoring stations but I really needed more out of my VHF radio, we are going to hook it up to a external antenna on our boat but this doesn't help to be able to use it in our dingy so I would suggest that people look else where when shopping for a hand held VHF radio, this radio was definately over rated.
on July 6, 2014
Solid radio! Durable, but not light-weight.