Cobra microTALK CXR700 25-Mile Radio (Pair)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Extended range capability provides up to 25 Mile Range. (Range will vary depending on terrain and conditions.)
- Allows the user to scan either channels, privacy codes within a channel, or memory locations, to locate conversations in progress.
- Choose between High Power to maximize range, or Low Power to conserve battery life (in GMRS).
- Ultra-clear long distance reception.
- 3124 channel combinations when the 22 channels are combined with the 142 privacy codes (38 CTCSS/104 DCS), these combinations prevent interference from other radios.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||HPP Enterprises||Amazon.com||SUPPLIES USA|
|Color||Black||Cobra Electronics 23-mile 2-way Radios 2 Pk||Black/Silver||Cobra Electronics 16-mile Frs And Gmrs 2-way||Dark Grey||Yellow and black|
|Item Dimensions||9 x 11 x 3 in||2.41 x 1.55 x 6.05 in||2.4 x 4 x 1.4 in||1.96 x 1.46 x 5.16 in||3.5 x 15 x 8.5 in||1.15 x 2.14 x 6.21 in|
|Style Name||—||CX 312||Pair Pack||CX 112||50-Miles - GMR5089-2CKHS||Two Pack|
The Cobra CXR700 is a Micro TALK 2-way radio, two pack with up to a 25 mile range. This unit consists of 22 channels, 142privacy codes (38 CTCSS codes/ 104 DCS codes) and comes complete with 2 lithium ion battery packs, and a 2-port desktop mini-charger. This unit also features hands-free operation (VOX), VibrAlert silent paging, call alert (10 selectable tones), a backlit LCD display, a scanning function (channels/ privacy codes), a single pin speaker/ microphone/ charge jack, a 10 channel memory, selectable hi/low power in GMRS, key lock, roger beep (selectable on/off), key stroke tones (Selectable on/off) , a battery low indicator, battery/ power saver mode, signal strength meter, auto squelch, a maximum range extender, and a belt clip. This product comes in ROHS lead free, packaging.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Battery life is amazing - we get about 20 hours out of them (almost two full days at the theme park).
2. The small size is awesome - they can clip to shoulder on shirt and hear everything.
3. Vibrate in jacket pocket when skiing works pretty good. Cold and humidity in pockets didn't cause problems.
4. Distance is what we expected (we bought the FCC license and use them on high power) which means they go about 8 blocks if there's lots of trees. At theme park in the open w/rides and buildings around they go about 2 miles. At the beach out in the open they go 10 or more miles. When skiing, they do great if you have line-of-sight - they *don't* go over ridges/mountains. Not at all! Once your buddy goes over the ridge, there's no coverage at all. We have some "big" radios by Cobra CRX925 and the range is a bit longer and definitely more clear however we don't like carrying them (too big).
What could be better:
1. We've had three die expectantly where they would transmit but not receive (or sometimes the other way around). This caused big problems (someone got stranded).
2. One charger base died.
3. When they run out of battery there's no warning - it just stops working. We called Cobra about this (the manual says some indicator is supposed to come on but it doesn't) and they gave some weak answer that didn't help. This caused a big problem the first time it happened (someone got stranded again) but now we know so it hasn't been a problem since.
We continue to use them but because of the quality issues I have to give them 2 stars. Sorry Cobra.
Update Sept 2013: More keep dying. Maybe due to vibration they've been subjected to? Anyway, they're to the point at which we can't really rely on them.
As a security force we have never been happier and more "in touch" with each other. I am still amazed how far these radios can go without losing signal. They work great with ear pieces too. In times of stress where communication is dire, their sound is crisp and their communication is superior. As a Lt. of security, I highly reccomend this product for its durability, reliability and most of all, its battery life.
The radios have a scan feature which works just like a police scanner. The privacy codes were very cool, as we did not have any interference after we set our own code.
The batteries lasted all day, and the dual charger is great for just dropping them in at the end of the day.
Overall, very satisfied. We did not get a chance to test out the distance factor, but found them to work great on the higher powered channels. 1-7 and 14-22.