Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 70 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 76 reviews
on March 11, 2013
This was a good item for hanging the houseplants we had indoors for cold weather protection. Its a little shorter than I would like, but other than that it seems to be good. Revised 4/22/13 I had not been able to completely assemble the plant stand until yesterday and discovered that some key hardware is missing in the box: ground pegs, hooks and the long bolts that hold everything together. I notified Amazon today with regard to getting the replacement hardware because we really like this stand and need to start using it ASAP.
Revised 4/22/13 Hello, I'm sorry to hear that some parts were missing from your order. We certainly don't want our customers to experience this. Unfortunately, I'm not able to replace individual pieces from a set. As I'm sure you can understand, our Fulfillment Centers are vast, and we process thousands of orders each day. In addition to this, most of our processes are automated which makes it impossible for us to take away individual pieces from a set.

However, I'd like to give you the following options:
1. If you prefer to keep the item and purchase the missing parts from your nearest store, we will refund 20% off the purchase price of this item
2. If you'd prefer to return the item for a replacement, we'll replace the whole set and provide you a return mailing label.
3. If you'd prefer to return the item for a full refund, we'll provide you a return mailing label and issue a full refund once we've received it.

I chose Option 1.
on May 6, 2016
It works, it'll hold up (I think), but some things to note.

1 - stability
The stand appears as if it would function better if placed outside and pegged in to the ground. I have the tree set up indoors, and immediately noticed it lists heavily if the baskets aren't balanced perfectly. The main body is lashed together by 3 bolts, which will definitely keep it together, but the lower legs are able to move about as they are held together by single light screws for stability. This might be for the best as it allows the legs to separate more than it would if bolted for stability sake, but it looks like it might snap and tip over. Again, I don't think that would be possible being a metal unit, and unless the baskets are REALLY unbalanced.

2 - construction

I noticed some people complaining that they weren't able to put the unit together properly. Here's your tips:
i - The main body pieces are NOT identical on both ends. Do yourself a favor, line up the main body pieces together so that the bolts will go through all the parts.
ii - Make sure the legs (A) all go on the same side.
iii - Put the remaining arms on the other end
iv - I lashed them together in the following order: CEDF (highest hanging arms together in the center)

The third bolt holds the baskets together; the first 2 hold the body. The legs precariously teeter with a single screw holding the individual legs together (plus gravity and the body lashing)

Hope this helps.

P.S. - use the baskets that come with the unit. I tried using larger baskets which would have been too heavy.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on April 1, 2010
This is exactly what I expected in a sturdy nice-looking hanging basket tree. I use it for a topsy turvy and 3 baskets and it is durable. But, what a nightmare to put together!!! The instructions were pictural, and did not clearly establish which pieces went where--it could be put together several ways without looking as pictured. Once together, though, very nice!
on March 23, 2016
I purchased this item based on reviews. I hope this review is read so you can get another point of view. First of all the packaging was horrible and the cardboard box it came it was ripped and there was no padding inside the box. Also, the arms in the box were wrapped individually in plastic and many of them had dirt in them, DIRT!!! Dirt that made my hands dirty when I took the pieces out of the bags, and it was gross not knowing where the dirt came from or what it was. Also the powdercoating on the screws made it impossible to use them and lastly, the pieces did not fit well into each other and caused the entire thing to be wobbly, even if we COULD get the screws in, which we couldn't. Needless to say, I sent it back which went without a hitch. I found a similar one on Ebay that did not say it was from CobraCo. I ended up getting that one and the final outcome was the as pictured, but a much smarter design.
on July 31, 2016
this is our second purchase! YOU MUST FOLLOW the directions for assembly EXACTLY! ( in fact, use tape to label a, b, c, d). However, even if you follow the directions exactly, you will find that the whole thing is very unstable. My husband has drilled 3 additional holes through the 4 pieces, inserted bolts and wing nuts to stabilize this stand (high, middle. low). It is a great height, looks good with the plants hanging, but rather flimsy unless you are handy and have the tools necessary to modify.
on August 31, 2016
I was somewhat skeptical of purchasing this planter because there were many unhappy customer reviews that all complained about it being wobbly and difficult to assemble. I decided to take a chance and buy it anyway because I liked how it looks. I found it to be somewhat confusing to follow the assembly instructions, but certainly not impossible. I added two additional bolts to the main body stem and now it is very sturdy with no wobble. I would not hesitate to recommend this to a friend.
on July 6, 2014
I purchased this as a reasonably priced stand for a small deck. I like plants, but really need some way to keep them out of the clutches of my cat who nibbles on anything. I've read the other reviews and I have to agree that the machining is not the best. Also, it would benefit from one more joining lower down (there are 3 where bolts go through the assembly) for stability. Once it was together, it was very unstable. I solved that by tying heavy cord around the assembly near the bottom. It behaved nicely after that. Yes, the construction of the piece is a little difficult, but once you figure out which end is up and where all the holes line up, you're good to go. I like the piece and the price was in my range. I'm not fussy; if it works, it's okay with me and it looks nice on my deck.
on June 13, 2012
I don't usually leave feedback, but I always read feedback before buying. This product had very mixed reviews. Most said it was almost impossible to assemble. I'm glad a read those reviews because I approached the assembly with great respect for the directions. It is a lot of trouble, but if you assemble the pieces in the order the directions say, the holes will line up and it can be put together without tooooo much difficulty. Just don't tear everything out of the plastic bags and start sticking it together. It will never work. Don't take the pieces out the the plastic bags until you are ready to use them. The bags are labeled with A, B1, B2, C, D, E, and F. They must be put together as directed or it won't work at all. Good luck. Follow the directions and you will be fine. It finally makes a nice plant tree!
on March 13, 2016
Was disappointed with this purchase. It didn't stand well on a flat patio and the bottom legs started bowing out within an hour of partially filling the included baskets with flowering plants. It fell over within a day. Only consider purchasing if you will have very light plants with minimal soil, or other light items like chimes.
on May 28, 2013
Well I got it all together and realized I can't use the baskets because there were no S-Hooks in the box.

Emailed the customer support number and got no response at all.

Based upon a prior review that Cobraco will not ship missing parts, I will never purchase one of their products online ever again.

I guess I can buy some eye bolts at the hardware and paint them black, but is still shows that they have poor quality controls in their manufacturing process and don't really care how to imporve their manufacturing.

I found a 4-arm hanging tree with 4 solid one piece support legs at a local big box home improvement store that does not require s-hooks. No baskets, but at $34.95 and being able to return direct to the store if defective, I bought 4 of them.

For now, my neighors are asking me why I have a coat rack out in my backyard :)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.