Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 11-20 of 359 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 387 reviews
on May 5, 2017
Stopped working just after the return window closed. Were great for a month then just made the audio sound gargled and distant, before one earbud completely shut off.
on March 11, 2017
Bought it for work, fell out of my ears and cord wasn't resilient or stretch for what I need for at warehouse work. Lasted only about six months I don't have them.
on July 19, 2013
I'll admit that I'm no expert at gauging audio quality in headphones, but I wouldn't have purchased three pairs of these headphones (total) if I didn't like their quality. Besides having an attractive metallic appearance and a comfortable fit in my ears (they come with three sizes of ear gels, though the default fit just fine), they have excellent sound quality. I personally use a bass and treble boost for all audio that I listen to (or for those with iPods, the "Rock" EQ setting is closest), and perhaps that is what makes these sound so good.

To be fair, however, I will say the reasons why I had to buy two additional headphones. The first ones I purchased were the silver/white color (to go with my old white iPod), and noticed over time that the casing around the headphone jack started to separate, as some other reviewers have mentioned. (I've since learned to pull the headphone jack out by curling my fingernails under the bottom of the plug and pulling it out that way, rather than squeezing the sides.) The second pair, black to match my new iPod touch, had one of the ear-buds stop working after some time (I could only guess how long, but it was at least a year). In spite of these, I'd continue to buy this same model in the future so long as the quality doesn't change and the price doesn't shoot up.
on June 20, 2014
As someone who doesn't like the standard headphones that come with Apple products, I am always on the lookout for alternative in-ear headphones that will deliver bass while AND isolate noise. These headphones surprisingly surpassed my expectations for both of those requirements. Although the price may indicate a lack of quality, these headphones are a hidden gem bargain for anyone looking for earbuds. The bass was loud and made me feel surrounded by the sound but also didn't affect the clarity of the music. In addition, these headphones cancel noise extremely well; I bought them for an airline trip and enjoyed the whole trip without having to hear the deafening plane engine in the background of my music. All in all, a solid set of headphones for any music lover! only downside is that the rubber parts sometimes fall off in your pockets or purse, but other than that, two thumbs up~
on May 22, 2012
Edited: These headphones started to break around November 17th, 2012. So, that's 5 months for $5.00, instead of the usual 3 months! A covering on the part that attaches to the device slipped off, which left the cord vulberable to damage. So now only one ear works most of the time - the usual breakage I get. Even with that, the sound quality is still good. I'll be acquiring another pair now.

Color: Not that most people will care that much about the colors, but the blue is so much brighter and shinier than in the picture!

Sound Quality: The sound is great. (Note: I am poor and have to buy cheap headphones, so when I say great, I mean 'great for cheap headphones.' If you are a headphone aficionado who isn't on such a strict budget, these are not for you.) I can hear words very clearly.

Isolation: These headphones remove unnecessary background noise, but not all, which is exactly what I like. They block out the sound of the bus when I am riding in it, as well as the rumbling of everyday traffic (Not next to a busy freeway, though.)

Comfort: If the earbuds were a bit smaller, I could sleep on my side in them and never notice them. One of the best benefits of Coby earbuds is the changeable ear bud covers that are soft and comfortable. They stay snugly in the ear.

Durability: These seem a lot more delicate than I'm used to, so I am being a lot more careful with them than normal headphones. That may make them last longer. Not sure. The ear buds appear to be connected to the cord with a flexible silicone cover instead of the usual hard connection that tends to break over time.
The part that goes into the headphone jack is a hard plastic tube with cord protected inside. Be careful not to yank on it!

Thankfully the headphones are easy to keep safely stowed in the classy velvet bag included. I don't know why the creators of these headphones thought a velvet bag was necessary, but now I'm going to be disappointed if my next pair doesn't come with one.

(This review will be updated when the headphones break.)
on May 19, 2013
I'd like to start out by saying my four star rating doesn't mean I feel these are equal to high-end ear buds with the same rating of four stars, no way. They don't have the bass of Monster Turbines, the Jammerz have a muddy, boomy bass. They don't have the clarity of Klipsch s4's, their treble is muffled with very little imagery and directionality.
Then what do they have? Well let me tell you. They have a good tough cord. The bud itself is small and very comfortable to wear. Their buds along with the plug look as if they're made of aluminum (if they really are or not, I don't know) plus they come in a variety of cool colors. They have a nice smooth sound that isn't harsh but rather fun to listen to especially if you just need some music while you're surfing the net, working on a project in the garage, mowing the lawn, jogging, well you get the idea. Also if you occasionally buy a cup of coffee at some of the popular coffee houses, just hold off from buying two cups and you've pretty much saved up all the money you need to buy these buds, plus you'll enjoy the ear buds far longer than you'll enjoy the two cups of Jo.
on November 24, 2014
I love these earbuds. They are colorful, fit snug in my ears, and have quality audio. The translucent tips (the part that goes in your ear) are very secure and never come off by themselves, but if you do happen to lose one they come with an extra set.

The reason why I'm taking off one star is because the earphones don't seem to last THAT long, no matter how careful you are with 'em. I've owned countless pairs of this model and in my experiences they all lasted a good 5-8 months until one side stops working. I've never had one last longer than a year, which is a bit disappointing... but for the time these earphones do work, they are extremely useful and efficient for the price. It's a shame they are discontinued.
on October 6, 2012
I love these Coby earbuds. First, the price is ridiculously cheap & they arrived within a few days.
I bought the same earbuds about 2 years ago (for $18) & they still work, they're just getting beat up after being ripped from my ears by palm fronds & branches while landscaping, and from my cats & puppy pulling & nibbling on them. The coated wire is great for detangling & keeping interference noise down to a minimum. From deep bass to sharp treble, the sound is excellent at varied volumes with the 9 or 10mm neodymium drivers & gold-plated plug. They hold up very well with the coated wire & aluminum buds, too. And, they are smaller than most earbuds, so they fit & stay in your ears nicely & come with 3 different sized silicone ear plugs for the perfect fit... which means hours of staying in your ears very comfortably. I use them everyday while jogging/walking, doing work around the house & yard, hanging at the beach, taking a nap (LOL), etc. I think their range is the standard 20Hz-20kHz, whick more than covers my old range. And they come in a bunch of nice colors, too.
If you're some expert audiophile who spends $100-$300 for headphones...fine, go ahead...they might sound better. But if not, buy these & you'll be very happy with them!
on September 8, 2012
These work really great, good price, and very good quality... I purchased the grey ones and they are so cute! They look metallic..very pretty color.

Very happy with my purchase- Highly recommend!!

*********UPDATE

So they did work great, still do, HOWEVER, the little plastic came off like a month after using them. So they sound good but they are really cheaply made. Guess you get what you pay for :S.
on July 2, 2011
Why I purchased Coby Jammerz Platinum High-Performance Isolation Stereo Earphones CVEM79PNK (Pink): Low Price. Specifically I wanted low cost earphones because our cat loves to chew on wires and this is our 3rd set of earphones to "bite it". I have been fairly well pleased with the accuracy of customer reviews at Amazon. As it is with most audio equipment, if at all possible, listening to them first is the only sure way of knowing what quality you are getting before you buy. Generally speaking though, positive Amazon Customer Reviews and popularity are good indicators of a solid value. Secondarily I purchased these earphones in Flaming Pink so they would be easy to find from a distance and less likely to be "permanently borrowed".
The sound quality is good but not great with definite weakness in bass response and a modest lack of full spectrum sound reproduction. Sort of hollow with some high end over emphasis. Much of the sound quality depends on how well the removable silicon cups seals in the ear channel. I tried all three tip sizes included in the tamper proof packaging and found the middle size set sounding the best with the least likelihood of falling out or failing to seat properly. I can not imagine jogging with these earphones as they tend to unseal with just normal head movement at my desk.
The cable appears to be of high quality but is just shy of 48 inches from tip to tip. I feel to be tethered to a rather short leash - another foot of lengthen would have been greatly appreciated. The weakest link in the design of these earphones, however is the lack of any strain relief for the cable at the tiny 3.5mm jack.
All in all, these earphones are a reasonable quality product at a very reasonable price. I can not speak to their long term durability since I've only had them a few weeks, but they most likely will require gentle handling to obtain a reasonably useful life span.