Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Luke Bryan Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 3, 2012
So far I really like this tablet. I chose it over the Samsung because external reviews were good and I valued the larger size 10" tablet over the smaller size 7" more popular brand. The 10" Samsung was way more expensive. It works well. It has been very easy to figure out how to maneuver. The camera is only 2 mega pixel so I wouldn't use it for quality pics instead of my digital camera but it is handy to have. There were plenty of apps to download for free. Most of which I added so my 5 year old nephew could play games on it. I will mainly use it to connect to the internet for facebook and e-mail when out of town. It is wi-fi only but many places have free wi-fi now.

However it said that the following items were included but they were not: USB host/keyboard adapter, stereo headphones. The headphones I really don't care about at all. But I ordered a case w/keyboard that was recommended and am not able to use it because the keyboard has full size USB cable and the tablet only comes with a mini USB port. Without the adapter, I am not able to use the external keyboard.
11 comment| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 15, 2013
I purchased the Coby Kyros 10.1-Inch Android Tablet in good faith with the impression from the advertisement that it will work with the keyboard that was advertised with it. I want to make all consumers aware that according to Coby the manufacturer that this product is not made to work with a keyboard.
I want you to know so you will not spend the time and money to find an adapter that in the end will not work which is my case after talking to three reps from Amazon and ordering adapter three different times and none of them work.

I like the tablet but I hate the fact that the keyboard was misrepresented.

JIF
22 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
First of all, the merchant was wonderful and delivery was super quick. I bought this as a gift for my boyfriend's birthday - its very nice upgrade from the model I have and I know that my friend is going to be very pleased. We set it up the night it came. He wears glasses (age issue for us - haha) but the screen is a good size for us. Seems to have better apps than my older model which I know will be appreciated for sure. The only problem is the user book is small (tho' a good size for transporting) has VERY small print and I can see a magnifying glass in the future. Seems to be faster than the older version - we are very pleased and well worth the money. Am not a tablet expert. We play a few small games, use it to read emails and the web for info - so far has been easy to use. The screen is also more sensitive than before.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 12, 2013
This item while a nice tablet for the money, does offer one problem. Currently Coby is not licensed as part of the google suite. As such the reason for buying an android device, at least for me, is removed. You cannot immediately get things like gmail, contacts, and calendar, or worse yet use the store. So all those applications I bought a while back are well not available on this without rooting it.

As a result if you are tech savy this is a great buy, if not be aware you may not have access to things you wish to use on this item.
on April 22, 2015
The screen literally fell off! when I took it out of the box. Amazon was great about a fast replacement, but I bought this as a gift for a friend. At last, when the good replacement came, I held my breath when I presented the gift. I had no idea if it even worked. It turned out fine, but it was a stressful experience for me. Better to stick with a known good brand, like an iPad.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 27, 2013
The product last 3 months under minimal use.
Assuming that a product like this will have issues, it would be great to have some form of customer service.
The help number in the packaging is disconnected, the number provided on the website direct you to the website, I am still waiting for technical support and customer service to return emails, and the only solution presented on the website is to mail the product back to the company to correct a problem that is mentioned on every android help site (with no solutions).
The product was cheap and was sufficient for my needs, but the time and energy placed in contacting help for a software glitch is not worth it. Bottom line, if you like paying $15 plus every time you have a problem, this is the tablet for you.
on February 19, 2013
I like it. I already have an older 7" coby tablet, bought this one for bigger screen, new Android 4, and more memory. It works perfect for most applications, (Netflix works fine), although Getjar does not have too many good applications you can download the Amazon App Store and get the most popular free ones. It does not work with Google Play, but as i said many good applications are available at amazon app store after a few days. I would rate 5 stars but, unfortunately mine came with a defective charger, it does not charge the battery, returning it would be too much of a hassle for me, I don't know if I can get a charger somewhere else, but the battery can still be charged via USB. So I am not sending it back. Besides this, that it was probably just an exception, this tablet is excellent, specially for the price.
33 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 11, 2013
Only two stars because of lack of functionality, you pretty much have to trick this thing in order to install your favorite android apps, which it will prevent you from running some. As far as Google play... forget about it, unless your very familiar with android OS you can't even come close to rooting it, actually I believe it is unrootable as of writing this. Watching a video on almost every site other than youtube was not possible because of the flash player, which "getjar" does not provide, and running an apk of adobe flash installer is one of the apps it prevents you from running. so in a round about way of saying it. I've owned it for a few weeks and already sold it.
on February 28, 2013
I knew what I was buying before I purchased it. My two young daughters have similar tablets in seven inch. Same operating system and everything. So when my husband opened this one for his birthday he knew exactly what to do. It works fast and all his amazon apps he had on a smaller tablet he was able to get put on this tablet. I can't wait to play with it when he puts it down.
on September 11, 2013
Don't get me wrong, this is a really nice tablet but it does not include android market. It has another app market that lacks several important apps such as facebook, instagram, skype, gmail, pandora, etc. This would be the perfect tablet if it came with this. I don't quite understand how it can be android and lack the market for buying apps. This was a huge disappointment and a waste of my time. It sucks when something has great potential but lacks a main component of what you need.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse