Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Coby MP620 4 GB Video MP3 Player with FM Radio (Re..." and save 14% off the $34.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Coby MP620 4 GB Video MP3 Player with FM Radio (Red) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- 4 GB capacity for storage of up to 1000 songs, 3500 photos, or 4 hours of video
- 8 hours of music playback on a single charge
- 1.8-inch color TFT LCD display with 128 x 160 pixel resolution
- Supports MP3 and WMA audio files; MTV video files; JPEG and BMP images; TXT text files
- One-year limited warranty
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: Coby
- Model Number: MP620-4GRED
- Digital Storage Capacity: 4 GB
- Color: Red
- Battery Average Life: 8 Hours
Coby's MP620 Video and MP3 Player offers playback of music, videos, photos, and text files, with intuitive navigation and a brilliant 1.8-inch TFT LCD display. With 4 GB of memory you'll get enough room for about 1000 songs, and Coby's Media Manager software is included for easy and hassle-free media syncing. A great media player without the huge price tag.
A great media player without the huge price tag.
Enjoy your favorite tracks with ID3 tag info such as artist, album, etc. displayed.
Share your favorite photos one-at-a-time or in slideshow displays.
Use Coby's Media Manager software to easily sync your device, or just drag and drop files.
1.8-Inch LCD Display
Enjoy your videos, pictures, and album art on the go with the MP620's color TFT display.
4 GB Flash Memory
The MP620 features 4 gigabytes of flash memory on-board, enough room for up to 1000 songs.
Get up to eight hours of music playback on a single charge with the integrated rechargeable Li-Poly battery.
Navigate the MP620's features with ease using the circular four-way button and middle "enter" button. Get to exactly what you're after, right when you need it.
Enjoy Your Media
The Coby MP620 is ready for your favorite music, movies, and photos, so you can take them anywhere--whether it's for your own enjoyment, or a little sharing.
Play back your favorite MP3/WMA music files for hours of entertainment. If your music files contain ID3 tags, you will be able to view your tracks by Artist, Album, or Genre. Create a quick playlist on the fly, enjoy random playback, repeat mode, and more. For the lyrics freaks, LRC files are also supported, so you can view the words (including synchronized timing display).
Use the photo browser to explore and share your photo files. JPEG and BMP formats are supported, and the slideshow function makes a great way to share with friends.
Support is offered for video in the MTV format, at 128x128 pixel resolution, and 25 fps (frames per second). Basic controls--e.g., fast-forward, rewind, scan, etc.--are provided for your convenience.
Integrated FM Radio
Using the headphones and an antenna, the MP620 delivers FM radio, so you can check up on the news or your favorite programming on the go. Preset your favorit stations for quick access, or have the MP60 do a quick scan of local stations.
To further dial in your sound, pick an EQ preset that works with whatever you're listening to: Normal, Pop, Rock, Classic, Jazz, or Bass.
Read text files on your screen, including eBooks in the TXT format. Set font color, turn on auto scroll, and save your current location with "bookmarks."
Choose Your Software
The included Coby Media Manager software will let you convert your existing audio and video clips to the correct formats, for enjoyment on your device. You can also choose to handle the conversion in your own preferred way, and simply drag-and-drop files onto the device like any other system folder.
This device uses USB 2.0 for speedy file transfers when syncing.
What's in the Box
4GB Coby MP620 (Red), Stereo Earphones, USB Cable, User's Manual
Top Customer Reviews
1. The media manager software that "synchronizes" with you PC and converts media files is located INSIDE the player. When you first attach it via USB to your PC, if you selct "Open with Coby XXXXX" , the software will be installed on your PC. Personally, I have no use for it yet, but may in the future. I hope this clears things up for people who can't find the software for converting files to the correct format.
2. It works just great using your Windows Explorer directly without the media manager software. Simply create folders named any way you choose, in a logical manner so that you can locate your music easily. In operation, choose the "browse" option, and direct the player to the folder containing the music you want to hear. If you shut the player down in this mode, play will resume where you left off if you select the "browse" option after boot, and then accept the defaults.
3. Personally, I will use this player for mp3 audio files only since the display is so small. The screen is big enough to give very easily read menu items and control options.
4. It takes only a few seconds to turn on or off, and a few more to set itself up after changing the on-board files, but takes nowhere near as long as many complain about, as long as you use the "browse" mode, which is the most useful mode anyway.
5. All mp3 players come with poor ear-buds, so just fork over another $5.Read more ›
First, I did not buy it from Amazon. I trust Amazon, especially with books, but I often find electronics cheaper elsewhere. Since this is Amazon I won't name where I got it ($20 on sale in a store).
First, the sound quality is good. It's better than my 1gb iPod Nano, second generation, in that respect. The headphones that come with it are adequate.
Second, it's easy to install media. First, you'll need to install the software that comes on it, there are no CDs; all you need to do is plug it in with the USB connector that comes with it. Then let the software scan your computer for media, or add specific files and drives. You can then sync the files to your player. All of the files that show up for Itunes does show up for the Coby software. It's not necessarily fast in adding it completely but you can add things simultaneously in each content area; they are separated in the categories, but you can view them other ways as well.
Third, the radio can be slow or choppy, but it will work. If you hit the middle button twice, you can switch it from Manual mode to your presets. It's easy to switch between modes and add to your presets. The presets will jump in the order that you made them, not according to frequency on the scale.
Fourth, the video is, obviously, small but I like it. I don't plan to watch movies on it, just shorter content such as news podcasts. The software will convert the video file from the kind it is in. Watch out, the file converted might end up bigger what the software shows.Read more ›
Cons: There are no clips or anywhere to put a strap or something to hold onto it. Hope you have pockets.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
nifty MP3 player. I bought 2 because I liked the first one so muchPublished 12 days ago by Victor Nettle
Got two as gifts. One was doa. The other didn't last much longer. I got for my kids but that didn't happen my wife got to use the one that worked before it finally died a few weeks... Read morePublished 6 months ago by reddraco
Arrived in good time. Definitely not an ipod by an means, it ran slow. But it got the job done! Got my music for running at a reasonable price! Thank you!Published 7 months ago by Mary J. C
In my family we all have this model and we've gotten some for others because we love it sooooo much and use it daily! Read morePublished 9 months ago by holly
The radio feature is the reason i bought it and it doesn't work very well, a lot of stations are just static even in places where reception is just fine on similar productsPublished 9 months ago by Dan
These worked ok, it wasn't to hard to add the music onto the mp3 player-it was a good deal for the pricePublished 9 months ago by MiHwa