|Item Weight||2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||6.5 x 7.5 x 3 inches|
|Item model number||TFDVD7009|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries required. (included)|
|Number of Component Outputs||Composite|
|Special Features||Parental Control|
Coby TFDVD7009 7-Inch Portable DVD/CD/MP3 Player, Black
- It has 7-Inch widescreen TFT LCD, DVD, DVD±R/RW, CD, CD-R/RW, JPEG, and MP3 compatible
- Compact portable design with anti-skip circuitry, Dolby Digital decoding
- AV outputs for use with home theater systems
- Integrated stereo speakers, Headphone jack for private listening
- Multiple language, subtitle, and camera angle support, Parental lock controls
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item Coby TFDVD7009 7-Inch Portable DVD/CD/MP3 Player, Black
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||UNICSTAR||Pro Electro Corp||SVN Wholesale||Amazon.com||WanNian Store|
|Screen Size||7 in||9.5 in||7 in||7 in||13.3 in||7.5 in|
The best in digital entertainment goes on the road, with the Coby TFDVD7009 Portable DVD player. Incorporating anti-skip circuitry and multiple source inputs, our compact player allows you to enjoy music and movies wherever you go. A 7" widescreen display, easy-to-use navigation controls, and built-in headphone jack offer a convenient, private viewing experience. Battery Type- rechargeable Li-Polymer Battery; Remote: 1 x 3V "CR2025", Battery Life - Video Play Time: 2.3hrs. DVD, DVDR/RW, CD, CD-R/RW, JPEG, and MP3 compatible. Compact portable design with anti-skip circuitry, Dolby Digital decoding.
Top customer reviews
- The price is fantastic. A DVD player is technology that will clearly be useless in a few years, so I wanted a cheap device.
- There is a "hack" to make this a multi-region player. google it.
- Its sturdy. My 3 year old and 20 month old kids were not able to destroy it in a 3 week vacation.
- Its easy to use. Really, idiot proof.
- Battery life is short. I bought an Energizer external battery pack
- Does not come with car charger or case
- I would have liked some way to lock the buttons so my kids can press things while the movie was playing.
I am planning on buying 1 more so each kid can have their own!
The unit is able to play DVDs and CDs, and it is able to play copied CDs/DVDs without issue. The reason I am unhappy with the unit is because the performance as at times lacking. If the DVD/CD was in good condition the player had no issues with it. However if there were scuffs on the CD/DVD then it seemed as though the player had a hard time working around and would skip/pause on CDs/DVDs respectively.
It was as though the buffer would max out and the player needed to pause the DVD (or simply stop outputting music on a CD) until the buffer was filled up again and then it would continue. I tried many DVDs, the last one I tried was a copy of The Fountain. I also tried many CDs, including The White Stripes' Elephant.
I guess it is possible this was an issue with my unit alone, as others have not reported this problem. I was not happy with its performance however, and have returned it. Of note I have a much older Coby unit that plays all my DVDs and CDs fine, so I would not say that this brand is all around bad. For whatever reason this model, or maybe the unit I got in particular, was unable to buffer well.
Sound quality was fair, obviously with such tiny speakers you will miss out on a lot of the bass and even conversations seem to lack any depth in their audio. The screen had decent viewing angles, enough so that three people could sit in front of the device and be able to enjoy the movie.