Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 80 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 128 reviews
on October 5, 2009
I loved this movie and found it to be a fasinating story of her life. The star that played Coco as a young lady, Brigitte Boucher, is amazing and so beautiful in such a natural way. The whole movie was so well done and the scenery beautiful, and the music too. Coco's love life was tragic as she let her pride get in the way of her love.....like many of us do! But it all added up to make Coco who she was, is. This is very enjoyable movie that lets us share with Coco her life.
I even enjoyed Shirley Maclaine in her advancing years. She is a master at any role she plays, and as I am an Elderly woman, I loved her style and design. Coco was not a softie!! But then I have never experienced what she went through as a child and as a woman in an era where women were seen as property, unless you were blessed to be born into the Elite sociey. All in all I bought the movie because I plan to see it over and over again. Thanks for a beautifully produced movie that I could watch without "fast forwarding" past terribe snutty language and graphic sex scenes and just plain base living. Today movie producers think that all that crude language and smutty sexual scenes and just plain base living, is what we like, and what sells movies....but they are wrong! This movie was great!
on September 17, 2016
I LOVE this movie. This is one of my all time favorite movies. Maybe because I can relate since I've been very independent all my life. This movie is based in the life of Coco Chanel, a fascinating story of a woman who had to overcome adversities and was blessed with opportunities.
on June 11, 2015
Of the on screen biographies of Coco Chanel's life, I think this one is my favorite. It does an excellent job of hitting the most important points of Chanel's life and centers in on her relationship with the love of her life, Boy Capel. I especially liked learning about where Chanel got her ideas for her designs. If you have an interest in Chanel's life and her fashion designs, I think you will like this movie.
on November 23, 2014
Well Who doesn't love Shirley MacLaine Beaty and Coco Chanel. The convergence of two geniuses. A story told in Coco's youth and in the last decades. When a biography is made we all are aware of how much great people struggle and endure without calculation. Why they become great and achieve more than most of us is :luck, hard work, endurance, huge talent, timing. MacLaine is such a magnificent actress that it was seamless that she should portray this magnificent woman. For the person who loves biographies, fashion, retro and a great story this film won't disappoint .
review image
on July 20, 2017
This was a good love story which combined beautiful fashion.
on May 19, 2016
I love MacLaine. I watched this every time it was on. And, finally I own it and t sits proudly with Diane Lane's Georgia
on May 16, 2013
Viewed this originally on cable. Great story, beautifully photographed and acted. Story of survival
and love. Have not compared to the other films out there about Chanel, but after seeing this
portrayal...why watch another?
on September 28, 2015
Love it !!!!!
on December 4, 2014
Coco Chanel's story is told in a thoughtful and reflective way. All of the facets of a woman who defied logic and the usual as to who could and/or should become a successful designer of fashion and perfume. The story presents Chanel reinventing herself whenever the circumstances around her demanded a new approach to life and living.
on April 2, 2013
She makes any movie worth watching; wonderful actress!

Just a note: If anyone hasn't seen her in "Some Came Running" (a 1958 classic), you have got to see it. Her performance is outstanding! My favorite part is where she sings, when she, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Carmen Phillips are at a nightclub... her character's singing is classic! :D