Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Coconut Grater Coconut Scraper with Screw
|Price:||$8.21 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$5.02 (38%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Coconut Grater/scraper/shredder
- Use for grate brown hard coconut
- The first squeeze which is very concentrated coconut cream (literally called the “head”) is highly valued and reserved for specific applications.
- The subsequent yields (the “tail”) become increasingly thinner as the process continues. After the process is repeated 3-4 more times, the coconut meat will have served its purpose and is to be discarded.
- With Screw Length 8mm. 3 piece.
This item is available because of the Add-on program
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Coconut Grater Coconut Scraper with Screw
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$5.29||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||ฺBlue||HARD2FINDSTUFF||Silverlinestore||I K M|
|Color||White||stained wood||Wooded Color||Wood||Gray||White|
In the past, every Thai kitchen had a coconut grater (mah koot maprow in Thai) as required cooking equipment. The most popular style of grater was this seated type, in which the grater sits astride the bench and grates the fresh white coconut meat direclty from the brown hard coconut shell using the sharp metal teeth of the attached grater. The brown shell protects the hands, but care must be taken to not come in contact with the sharp teeth of the metal blade. Your coconut milk is now ready to be used in various Thai recipes such as curry, desserts and Tom Kah. After all this effort we do not recommend storing fragile fresh coconut milk, use it within the same day for best results.
Top Customer Reviews
1. The metal is not strong enough. I bent this coconut grater after grating the 2nd coconut. I was able to finish grating the 7 coconuts I needed to grate but only by being very careful with the grater, and being lucky enough to notice it bent slightly after finishing the 2nd coconut. Believe me if you know anything about Grating Coconuts you don't want to be careful. You need to apply a lot of pressure on the grater to get the work done properly.
2. The grater comes with 3 screws that were about 1/4 inch long, and the pilot holes on the grater are too small. You will need a 1 inch screw for sure to hold this thing to a piece of wood, but increasing the size of the pilot holes is useless because the grater will not last you long enough to permanently mount it to a nice piece of wood. The screws that came with this grater are definitely not going to work. Whom ever is selling this grater definitely has never attached it to a piece of wood and grated a coconut!!
You will need to find a higher quality grater if you plan on using this for more than a one time cook out. Thanks for reading. Evan