Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

• Customer Reviews

on April 5, 2011
This product is made from coconut sap, yum! Nice flavor too, it taste a bit like maple syrup with a hint of vanilla. The consistency is like a very thick molasses, but the thickness is not an issue when using it to cook with. Coconut necter is delicious in smoothies, on oatmeal and also mixed in with peanut butter for an extra energy boost. Good quality nutrient content, low GI of 35 and is gluten free.
Nitrogen (N)
Zinc (Zn)
21.2
Iron (Fe)
21.9
33 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2011
I have been in search of an unrefined sweetener to replace agave sweetener (for my baby's nut milk - dairy intolerance). I did the research, and this is it. The health benefits are fantastic. However, the price is so high I will unfortunately have to go back to raw agave sweetener. *please note my edit below* The taste is very similar to agave, a little less sweet, leans toward maple syrup but not as rich (a bonus in my book). My 3 year old and 1 year old both like the nut milk sweetened this way. Other down side, it takes almost twice as much as the agave to sweeten appropriately, though I haven't used for anything but nut milk. I think it's significantly better than brown rice syrup. If you have the money to support the "habit," this is definitely the real deal.

EDITED 11/4/12 Someone posted a few links in the comments section with more concrete information about agave that has finally convinced me of the dangers of even the raw. I still stand by the good things in this Coconut Secret coconut nectar, and ironically, my husband got a better job and I've been buying this for the last couple months anyway. And as far as needing more of this product than agave for sweetness, we've been adjusting to it and find we enjoy it less sweet and do a one for one conversion in recipes. Am about to try making homemade marshmallows with it.
1111 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2012
I needed to severely cut down on my sugar intake, and also want to stay away from artificial/chemical sweeteners. Stevia is ok but still gives me that aftertaste that I don't find appealing. It's good for some things, but not everything. This product is amazing! I'm so glad to have found something that is sold in its natural, organic, raw state that is low-glycemic and actually good for you!
on July 13, 2013
I was hoping this was going to be as good as the reviews said it was, but it was not. I've already bought the dry coconut sugar and I also bought this. About the only thing I actually like this on is, pancakes. Otherwise it's overpowering and ruins the flavor of everything else. I used it to make no bake coconut bars, and I had to throw the whole pan out. It doesn't taste like coconuts like some reviewers said, it tastes really weird, can't really explain it. And its too overpowering,
on December 27, 2012
I bought this product to have as a replacement for sugar. I am diabetic and I was looking for something that would not raise my blood sugar. This product raised my blood sugar higher than regular sugar. It has a sweet maple,rich and creamy taste.
1919 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2013
Sweet and flavorful as can be, but with less than 20% Sugars. The rest is Inulin (not Insulin), which is not a carb, so doesn't contribute calories for you, but does fee the microbiota in your tummy. Commercial Stevia tastes like they extract it using gasoline; you can easily grow your own, dry the leaves and powder them, then use it sparingly (it's strong if you use too much!), and there is no aftertaste, for cases where you want ZERO calories. Add Coconut Nectar to your arsenal of Maple Syrup and Stevia for low-calorie sweeteners - you'll get flavor variety, lots of important minerals, and no poisonous chemicals.
on June 24, 2012
I totally love this product and use it in place of sugar or honey or syrup on cereals, waffles, and desserts. I like it above Stevia which sometimes can leave a bitter taste. Coconut Secret remains sweet. It was created for diabetic use, having a low glycemic index. It's actually made from the flowers of the tree rather than the coconuts themselves - just a great and tasty product.
on February 1, 2013
I was expecting this to taste like coconut sugar but it has its own flavor that is hard to compare to anything else. It doesn't taste like maple syrup or any kind of honey that I have tried. It has an interesting bite to it that made me think of ginger, and also gave me an idea for using it later on for Asian inspired sauces.

However, I did not like it in my tea or coffee. I made the typical scrunchy-faced expression when I attempted to drink anything that I had sweetened with it. I don't know why, but it just didn't work for me when it came to my tea and coffee.

So, what did I use it for? Oatmeal! I was upset and thought that this coconut sap would sit on a shelf and become money wasted until I decided to make oatmeal and used it to sweeten my steel-cut oats. I was so surprised when I tasted it. It was like a completely different flavor. It was better than any honey or maple syrup that could've gone into that oatmeal.

Strange, since I told myself I'll never purchase it again until I ate that bowl of oatmeal.

I suggest buying this for some hot breakfast dishes like oatmeal, and MAYBE you will enjoy it in tea or coffee. I didn't, but I found great uses for it and I'll definitely be buying more soon.
55 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2014
This nectar taste absolutely wonderful. It's a good buy at $13.75, as you will not be wanting to eat anything this sweet too often. While it has a low glycemic index, I have read it's impact may not be as low as Stevia or Xylitol. But, man is it scrumptious. The taste is similar to a lighter tasting molasses.
on September 20, 2013
Really nice to have options for sweetening besides white sugar. This syrup has a nice flavor, pours easily and doesn't need to be refrigerated.