Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cocoon CoolMax Blanket
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

Price:$32.95 - $42.99

on May 6, 2008
I wanted an amply sized, lightweight blanket to take on trips. Before buying, I looked for (1) size (2) weight (3) packability (4) ease of care. This product was accurately described in all respects, and was the largest, lightest, and most packable of all that I researched. I used the blanket on an overnight plane trip and in a hotel in a very humid climate, where I slept both with and without air conditioning. The blanket was comfortable on all occasions and was easy to roll up and stuff back into its little bag. My only criticism is I would have liked to have seen the fabric and finish close up before buying, though I am now satisfied with both.
11 comment| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2013
I am generally a person that gets cold very easily. I wear lots of layers and I am always cuddling under blankets. Knowing that I get cold easily, I got this blanket for my trip to Ireland from Seattle WA. In all I used this blanket over 30 hours and it served it's purpose well. Our trip was nine days and our goal (both of us women) was to pack our belongings into a small carry on and small hand bag. So when we started to look for travel accessories. Light weight, small and easily packable were all requirements.

I was a bit skeptical when I read reviews that said it was a thin blanket and that the reviewers returned it, but I was able to purchase a new but returned blanket at a good price, so I figured it was worth trying. Yes the blanket is thin, but soft, LARGE and WARM. It kept me cozy the entire flight covering me from toes to neck. My mom purchased a fleece blanket. When she first pulled hers out, I will admit I was a little jealous, but she was cold the entire time we were on the plane, even using the complementary blanket to try and stay warm. I was able to use the complimentary blanket provided on the plane as lumbar support because I didn't need any extra layers to keep me warm.

The blanket is light weight and folds up into a small roll that fits into a draw string carry case made out of mesh and nylon that comes with the blanket. It is slightly larger than a can of soda all packed up, but again it is light weight. So all this to say don't let other reviews scare you off. I really think that they may have gotten the blanket, saw that it was thin and assumed that it could not do the job. But from my experience I feel like it did the perfect job.

Oh on a side note...the word cocoon would lead some to believe that this is almost like a sleeping bag...it is not...it is a blanket.
on June 22, 2012
I love this blankie! have many travel blankets that I've collected over the years and this is definitely the most travel friendly. For some reason if I don't have the feel of a blanket on me I can't sleep even when it's too hot for any type of blanket so I needed a light and airy blanket that wasn't too warm. The name "coolmax" made me think this was a blanket that was on the cooler side so I decided to give it a try. The material isn't cool to the touch like I envisioned, but it is light, airy and breathable. The material is very thin- a bit see through even, but also very moisture wicking. - Fantastic for hot sweaty summer nights. If you want more warmth all you have to do is double it up. Women can also use this as shawl if they fold it up. I think for warmer weather as well as for overall travel this is the best blanket out there for it's versatility and packability. If you would like a warmer travel blanket I would recommend the Westin Heavenly Travel Blanket- (however it costs twice as much.) That one really does live up to it's heavenly name and is pretty popular among celebrity travelers. It's cuddly and soft and warm and folds up into a small pillow. This is what I bring with me when I'm going to a cooler climate or if a friend who gets cold easily comes with me. Whenever a friend uses it I always have to put up a fight to get it back; however it does not pack nearly as small as this coolmax blanket does even when rolling it up. If you want something that's extra warm Midwest Feather & Down has a travel down comforter that has 600 fill down. At 74 X 52 it is the largest travel down comforter I know of and It folds into it's own pocket to become a 17" pillow. Since it's down I find I have to fluff it up a bit after unfolding it from the compressed pillow pocket to give it some loft but unlike other down blankets you don't get sharp feathers poking out of the fabric. Which travel blanket you choose depends on a variety of factors, but of all my travel blankets I would say that this coolmax blanket is the most versatile and the one I will bring with me no matter which climate I am traveling to.
on December 30, 2006
My wife and I are making our first trip to Europe so we thought these items might be nice to bring on the aircraft.

At first, it was a mystery how to put the pillow back into the included carrying case. The answer is you just stuff it back in. The pillow will swishes easily so it fits in the little pouch. We also bought the pillow cover for this which is nice and soft. After experimenting, we found the easiest thing to do was leave the pillow in the pillow cover and stuff that in one of my shoulder bag compartments along with the Cocoon blanket. Everything compresses so well it hardly takes up any room.

The blanket itself it amazingly small when stuffed in its pouch. Yet it does a nice job of giving you a little something to cover yourself up with. The blank material feels like it's made of the same material used to make a extra heavy tee shirt. It's a good choice of material for a blanket.

All in all, this will help make the best of those small economy class seats so we can get some rest on our journey.
on December 8, 2014
I don't know why I bought a blanket made with CoolMax material and expected it to be super warm.... the blanket is really thin, like the thickness of a athletic workout shirt. Still its decently warm. I work nightshifts and I'm allowed to take an hour nap. I've been using this blanket and it feels like its not very warm when I first put it over myself, but when I wake up I feel like I'm at a good temperature. I haven't woken up from being too cold. I still have to wear a sweatshirt under, but that's true even with other much thicker blankets i've used while napping at work. Still, 3 stars for it being just super thin.
on October 27, 2011
got the order fast , nice fabric , like soft thin T shirt, if you hold it up it is kind of see through,feels nice against skin , and large enough,color is much darker then it is in the picture,I would not call this a blanket, since it is only good for cover up , and the warmth is not more than if you cover your self with a T shirt . this part was disappointing , for the price, i was hopping to get more warmth.i tried it at home when it was 65 degree and i still felt cold , and i am on the warm side type person. still debating if i should keep this item or not.
Updat: I kept it I still use it , on warm days , it's a good quality , been washing it more than few times and it held up to the washings , I am upgrading the stars since this up date.
Update 11/16/2015: I have this for couple of years now, it really had hold up to frequent washing ,and it had been my favorite snuggle cover,and still look good.
on February 24, 2013
It's light, it's comfy, it's warm, it's blue. You can even stuff it in your pocket in a pinch. It's a shawl at times; at other times it's a blanket for planes, trains, and automobiles. It doubles as a bottom sheet for hosteling. Buy two of them and, for warm weather, you have a cover as well. No need to pack a bathrobe. This makes a fine cover-up for running into and out of the shower. A great beach blanket because it wicks off the sand in a second, and is ready for other uses. I wish these had been around fifty years ago when I was nursing babies. Would easily fit into a diaper bag. It's certainly sturdy, and I'm sure I'll have it for all my future trips.
on October 18, 2013
So no, this is not a wool or polyester :"thick" blanket. It is a think "cotton-y" tip throw, if you will. It does a fairly decent job of keeping you warm. I am a person that is always cold. I wasn't sure if this would be worth the purchase, but I used it on flights to Vietnam, used it while camping and it was worth the purchase. A thicker blanket would give more warmth, but this over the clothes you are wearing is a nice added layer. I think it's worth the purchase and is much smaller to carry.
on June 15, 2013
Purchased this blanket for a 12 day trip to Turkey involving several flights and long drives all over the country. Tired of going to international hotels where you may or may not have easy access to blankets. Decided to take care of that problem on the front end of the trip by bringing my own blanket. Considering I was given an airplane blanket on my last international flight that barely covered my chest and arms (literally couldn't have been more than 3 feet long and about 18 inches wide)---this blanket is the perfect item to tuck in your carry-on bag. Weighs almost nothing. Packs very compactly. Takes a little practice to get it back into it's storage case. Comes in a variety of colors. Would buy another one. Great gift item for your seasoned traveler friends/family.
on April 24, 2015
I tie the bottom corners together to keep my feet warm during flight. I like that this works as a beach or picnic blanket while traveling, too. The stuff sack is fabulous! Love the way the strings are sewn into the side seam and the multiple ways to secure the sack to travel gear.

BTW: I got the the 'tree frog' (vivid lime green) and the orange Cabeau pillow http://smile.amazon.com/CABEAU-Memory-Evolution-Pillow-Small/dp/B004ZIKWJW/ so that they wouldn't accidentally get left behind like a couple of navy blue travel accessories have in the past!