Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on June 26, 2016
Love this odd thing.

You see it and you're thinking "how could this possibly be useful it's a bunch of elastic attached to a piece of cardboard."

Which yes, yes it essentially is, but it's very nice elastic and it grips well. I can store all kinds of cables on here without ties, and other various accessories for my laptop etc.

I'm surprised nobody came up with this sooner it's such a simple solution to a problem I never knew I had.

Typically the simplest things are the best.

It's about 2 years later now that I'm writing this and the elastic is still in good shape after constantly holding stuff.
on May 5, 2013
I work, at times, remotely (from home), when I go in the office it is an open floor plan, and travel a fair amount. As such, I needed to better organize the items I carry with me everyday. Thumb drives, batteries, business card case, Apple charging cables, p&s camera, reading glasses case, ear buds, calculator, etc.
I initially bought a medium sized case that folds in half and is zippered, but I found that with the items I carry the case became too thick to close, those items it did hold were being crushed against each other and just did not hold everything I needed it to. It was rather expensive and was a bit disappointed.
I saw this item and bought the largest one. I have now had it for ~7 months and have been very pleased.
My notes: It was inexpensive compared to those that can be zippered shut. As I am sure you have surmised by now, it is flat like a piece of stiff cardboard with elastic bands in all directions and lengths. The opposite side has a zippered pocket for a few small documents. Because it does not fold, I found it can hold much more, but protection of those items is only as good as the padding you choose to put around it. I put the organizer in the large center pocket of my backpack and have not had any issues. When I am pulled out of the airport line for additional screening, pulling out the Grid-it makes the examination of my smaller electronics easier to examine and return to my bag. It can hold items of all different shapes and sizes and I put a variety of items from an outlet tester to reading glasses in a case and it holds it all. It has a loop tab at the top and I will hold it, shake it a bit and it anything comes loose, then I know I need to rearrange some. One of my concerns was that the elastic would become loose, but so far they have retained their shape. While I'm sure that over time they will become weak, as long as the bands are not stretched to their limit for long periods of time I expect they will last a long time. This has worked very well for me, highly recommend it and would of course buy it again.
on January 15, 2015
A great way to keep all of your computer accessories in one place. Great to use with a backpack.

The great part about this product is that if you already have a backpack, you can just get this to help you organize and see all that you have on you.

The straps are tight and I can shake mine without having anything falling of. At first I felt like the straps would not hold everything, but they do. Since the accessories are not covered when organized, I was a little worried. But most of the time, this is in my backpack and is just fine.

It has a back zipper pocket, but I don't often use it.

The good things about these organizers is that the straps are not set in any position. This means you can rearrange things in any way and usually have room for those last minute extra items.

Not only can I use this for computer accessories, but any other items I feel that I want to keep organized. You can use it for travel or just keeping things in your office organized.
review imagereview image
on December 31, 2016
This is a great organizational tool and for the most part it works pretty well. With this product, it’s all about using the right placement and the right items. Essentially, the size and even shape of the items that you store make a BIG difference as far as how many items you’ll be able to hold “securely”. For instance, once you use an elastic band to secure an item then you can’t use that same band anywhere else on the organizer or it’ll weaken the support of the band.

Another thing that I noticed once I filled up the organizer was that I got a little bit of a curve (picture attached). It’s not, necessarily, a big deal and it did fit in my backpack just fine but I just wanted to mention that it does happen.

I purchased the 15” x 9.5” organizer which contained a zippered section for documents (or other thin items) on the back. It’s a pretty neat feature and I don’t have any complaints about it but I also didn’t find myself using as much as I thought I would. I do think it could be very useful if you travel a lot though as that can be a secure place for things like your passport or boarding pass.

Overall- It’s a pretty neat tool that will help you stay organized when you’re on the go and it fits perfectly in a backpack or luggage. PLUS, it’s affordable!

Check out my video reviews on my YouTube channel – just search “techvdot8”
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on October 20, 2017
Just got it today. I instantly stick everything into it and it satisfies my OCD. It looks very organized but it will take a while to get used to it. You kinda need to remember which band is for what item in order to best utilize it. The board has more vertical band then horizontal, but I would like it otherwise personally. Horizontal bands allow more space for small items. It is on the heavy side which is a big no-no for travel, which is my intended purpose. The designer may need to come up with sturdy but lightweight material to be the backbone of it. Customer would still buy it at a little higher prices since it is functional.
review imagereview image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 2, 2017
Simply, this is an effective tool to manage clutter. The bands are fantastic and strong, and varied, which is great for the number of different items, like hard drives, headphones, power supplies, cables, cables and cables...!

The board is stiff and has a loop at the top so that it could be hung on a hook. I put it into a laptop bag as an insert to manage the clutter, and it has done exceptionally well keeping things together and tightly bound, yet visible.

I’m very happy with the quality and size of this organizer!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 9, 2016
The grey color looks pretty good with my grey Dyson vacuum attachments. I was glad to finally have a nice looking way to keep them together despite their odd shapes.
review image
on March 8, 2015
The elastic band side is great. I can easily arrange all of my items that would otherwise bang around in my backpack scratching up more valuable accessories. That being said the 3 out of 5 stars is due to the pocket on the other side that tore immediately after I took it out of its package. The Nylon material used was not well hemmed and separated from its seem creating a hole half the length of the pocket rendering it useless. I'm not a fan of putting multiple things in huge pockets which is why I purchased this item so the loss of the pocket is not a huge issue but for anyone else considering this item as a whole I would advise caution.
on August 30, 2013
This baby is doing double duty for me! I second all the great reviews below that state it lets them carry small things that would usually fall to the bottom of the pit that is your bag. It's also pulling it's double duty as a separator for my laptop. My 15 inch Macbook Pro retina does not fit in my Timbuk2 Candybar backpack's backside zip pocket. That's my own fault since the pocket is only rated for a 13 inch and below, but I fashioned a super useful separator out of this Cocoon! I've used my Cocoon to carry power cords, hair accessories, earbuds, bookmarks, makeup, etc. Because my backpack is tall and skinny, this really let's me take advantage of the vertical real estate and alleviated a lot of frustration digging around for things, while giving me a divider so that I can slide my laptop in when the bag is packed. I love organization and this really sings to that side of me. Can't give it a better review!
on March 5, 2017
these Grid-it pads are a life saver. I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to organization of my bags and carry on's, so having a lot of clutter to sift through drives me crazy. I travel for work and I'm also a single parent. If I have to grab something from my bag, I need to know exactly where it is and be able to access it quickly. These give me the opportunity to do so, every time. I have several in different sizes, but this one I use with my laptop bag for all my cords, cables, and adapters.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.