Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Codependency For Dummies Paperback – February 13, 2015
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
From the Back Cover
- Recognize the signs of codependency
- Stop controlling others and start caring for yourself
- Love yourself and develop healthy relationships
- Become more assertive and build your self-esteem
Your trusted guide to breaking the patterns of codependency
Are you trapped in the cycle of codependency? You're not alone. In this trusted and sensitive guide, you'll discover the symptoms, causes, and relationship dynamics of codependencyand how you can set yourself on a clear path to recovery. There's no time like the present to break the patterns of codependency and get your life back.
- Discover the hallmarks of codependency and recovery get to know what codependency is, the stages of codependency and recovery, and the four basic steps to breaking the cycle and starting your recovery
- Make a breakthrough figure out what made you codependent, heal your wounds, and work on building authentic self-esteem and self-love
- Heal your relationship with others learn how to let go, set boundaries, accept reality, communicate effectively, handle conflict, and deal with push-back
- Uncover strategies that support your healing find out how to move on and maintain recovery, follow your bliss, get help when you need it, and successfully work the Twelve Steps
- Learn to love yourself discover ways to love yourself and make the most of practical daily reminders to stay on course and put yourself first
Open the book and find:
- Where you fall on the spectrum of codependency
- The stages of codependency and recovery
- How codependency affects your relationships
- Forms of denial about your own and others' behaviors or addictions
- Places to seek help and support
- How to build self-awareness and find your authentic self
- Advice on speaking up and setting boundaries
About the Author
Darlene Lancer, JD, LMFT, is a licensed marriage and family therapist specializing in relationships and codependency. Ms. Lancer has counseled individuals and couples for 28 years and coaches internationally. She's a sought-after speaker to professionals at national conferences and in the media.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The author is very clear about where codependency and its effects can lead but also points out how a person can deal with it in positive ways that get results. This was a weight lifted off my shoulders.
I have complex PTSD. Over a period of years, I have read many books, articles and taken classes regarding the various subjects that affect psychological/emotional healing, trauma, self-development, addiction, psychoanalysis, etc.
I can’t say enough about this book. It is very comprehensive and extremely resourceful. I am thankful for how Darlene Lancer references and relates topics throughout the book making it easy to cross reference valuable information and the process for identifying, learning, healing, growing, developing and becoming the healthful person we hope to be.
I am so thankful; with the help of Codependency for Dummies and consistently applying the information therein I do not have to live my life as a slave to a way of thinking and feeling that prohibits me from experiencing my healthiest self, capable and confidently living life to the fullest.
This book hugs my brain and heart with empowering messages and exercises that assist my process for how I may love and respect myself and as a result, righteously and healthfully love and respect the world around me.
I honestly think everyone should read this book. Even if you don't think the issues are with you, you might be surprised. There is SO MUCH freedom on the other side, and Dr. Lancer's well-researched knowledge will help you get there. This may be one of the biggest and best investments you ever make in your life. It certainly was in mine.