- Series: For Dummies
- Paperback: 360 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 2 edition (February 23, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118982088
- ISBN-13: 978-1118982082
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.8 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (174 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #19,273 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Codependency For Dummies 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The 30 Best Self Help Books
This list reflects books that have saved lives and have sold millions of copies. Learn more on AbeBooks.com
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
- Recognize the signs of codependency
- Stop controlling others and start caring for yourself
- Love yourself and develop healthy relationships
- Become more assertive and build your self-esteem
Your trusted guide to breaking the patterns of codependency
Are you trapped in the cycle of codependency? You're not alone. In this trusted and sensitive guide, you'll discover the symptoms, causes, and relationship dynamics of codependencyand how you can set yourself on a clear path to recovery. There's no time like the present to break the patterns of codependency and get your life back.
- Discover the hallmarks of codependency and recovery get to know what codependency is, the stages of codependency and recovery, and the four basic steps to breaking the cycle and starting your recovery
- Make a breakthrough figure out what made you codependent, heal your wounds, and work on building authentic self-esteem and self-love
- Heal your relationship with others learn how to let go, set boundaries, accept reality, communicate effectively, handle conflict, and deal with push-back
- Uncover strategies that support your healing find out how to move on and maintain recovery, follow your bliss, get help when you need it, and successfully work the Twelve Steps
- Learn to love yourself discover ways to love yourself and make the most of practical daily reminders to stay on course and put yourself first
Open the book and find:
- Where you fall on the spectrum of codependency
- The stages of codependency and recovery
- How codependency affects your relationships
- Forms of denial about your own and others' behaviors or addictions
- Places to seek help and support
- How to build self-awareness and find your authentic self
- Advice on speaking up and setting boundaries
About the Author
Darlene Lancer, JD, LMFT, is a licensed marriage and family therapist specializing in relationships and codependency. Ms. Lancer has counseled individuals and couples for 28 years and coaches internationally. She's a sought-after speaker to professionals at national conferences and in the media.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
The author is very clear about where codependency and its effects can lead but also points out how a person can deal with it in positive ways that get results. This was a weight lifted off my shoulders.
I have complex PTSD. Over a period of years, I have read many books, articles and taken classes regarding the various subjects that affect psychological/emotional healing, trauma, self-development, addiction, psychoanalysis, etc.
I can’t say enough about this book. It is very comprehensive and extremely resourceful. I am thankful for how Darlene Lancer references and relates topics throughout the book making it easy to cross reference valuable information and the process for identifying, learning, healing, growing, developing and becoming the healthful person we hope to be.
I am so thankful; with the help of Codependency for Dummies and consistently applying the information therein I do not have to live my life as a slave to a way of thinking and feeling that prohibits me from experiencing my healthiest self, capable and confidently living life to the fullest.
This book hugs my brain and heart with empowering messages and exercises that assist my process for how I may love and respect myself and as a result, righteously and healthfully love and respect the world around me.