Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Codependency For Dummies Paperback – February 13, 2015
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
- Recognize the signs of codependency
- Stop controlling others and start caring for yourself
- Love yourself and develop healthy relationships
- Become more assertive and build your self-esteem
Your trusted guide to breaking the patterns of codependency
Are you trapped in the cycle of codependency? You're not alone. In this trusted and sensitive guide, you'll discover the symptoms, causes, and relationship dynamics of codependencyand how you can set yourself on a clear path to recovery. There's no time like the present to break the patterns of codependency and get your life back.
- Discover the hallmarks of codependency and recovery get to know what codependency is, the stages of codependency and recovery, and the four basic steps to breaking the cycle and starting your recovery
- Make a breakthrough figure out what made you codependent, heal your wounds, and work on building authentic self-esteem and self-love
- Heal your relationship with others learn how to let go, set boundaries, accept reality, communicate effectively, handle conflict, and deal with push-back
- Uncover strategies that support your healing find out how to move on and maintain recovery, follow your bliss, get help when you need it, and successfully work the Twelve Steps
- Learn to love yourself discover ways to love yourself and make the most of practical daily reminders to stay on course and put yourself first
Open the book and find:
- Where you fall on the spectrum of codependency
- The stages of codependency and recovery
- How codependency affects your relationships
- Forms of denial about your own and others' behaviors or addictions
- Places to seek help and support
- How to build self-awareness and find your authentic self
- Advice on speaking up and setting boundaries
About the Author
Darlene Lancer, JD, LMFT, is a licensed marriage and family therapist specializing in relationships and codependency. Ms. Lancer has counseled individuals and couples for 28 years and coaches internationally. She's a sought-after speaker to professionals at national conferences and in the media.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Darlene Lancer doesn't pull any punches but she offers a great deal of hope for healing. I was glad to learn that she offers counseling by telephone or e mail, as I live on the other side of the country.