Oil month Automotive HPC World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on January 26, 2016
I bought this album because it is the second album from the xx and I freaking loved the first album. All of the songs on each of the albums are really so chill. They could put me to sleep. The lyrics are so great and you can tell they really sing from the heart. I am absolutely in love with this album. This comes to no surprise because the xx never ceases to amaze me. The chill beats are perfect for just relaxing in your room and reading.
on September 21, 2012
I just picked up their first CD a couple of months ago. I read an amazing review in Rolling Stone, so I listened to the song samples and had to get it. I've listened to the CD (previous album) a few times now, and it's great, really great. It's perfect background music, and sounds amazing in headphones. So, of course I had to pick up Coexist. The best thing I can say about the new album is it's "more of the same". 11 more songs that sounds like part 2 of the debut album. They kept what works, what makes the first one so good, the calm lyrics and hushed tones, the easy, brooding music, and made more of it. If you like the first album, you'll like Coexist just as much. And vice/versa, if this is your first time hearing XX.
on January 12, 2014
FYI, when I purchased the vinyl version of this album on Amazon I received the UK edition (catalog number YT080LP) that also includes the entire album on a CD as well. Since it also included the standard Amazon Autorip MP3 edition I ended up with the vinyl, CD, and MP3 copies of the album. Even though I will probably never use the CD it was a nice bonus to receive the UK edition.
on October 23, 2012
Some years back I got The XX on a recommendation from Amazon. It quickly became one of my favorite albums, to the extent of putting it on random and listening to the 12 songs in loop for 7 hours straight. When I heard they were splitting up due to personal differences, I was heartbroken. When I saw the pre-order for the NEW ALBUM (!!) Coexist, I did squee with delight.

Coexist did not disappoint.

When I first listened, I was dismayed at what could have been an inferior product. I realized quickly, though, that it was just a matter of not being as familiar with the new songs as I was with the old favorites. And I was right. In less than a week, I was appreciating the poignancy of Angels, the insistence of Fiction or the sweetness of Tides. I have a playlist of the first 2 albums and can happily listen to them all day.

Coexist is much more produced than XX was. It lost some of the raw emotional impact of the first album in the slickness. Also, the conversational back and forth of the two lead singers is not as prevalent in Coexist, but when they do, the chemistry is still there. Closing with Our Song, the story of the turmoil of Coexist is brought full circle, where the two singers return to a state of, well, coexistence.
on August 25, 2015
Favorite. Album. Ever. I love The xx and pretty much all their music. Whereas some of their first album sounds almost poppy, this album is a little darker and more minor key-ish. It is great mood music, haunting and seductive in just the right places. There is no jarring, fast tempo song on the album so it's great to put on and just let the night happen.
on January 9, 2013
The three best words I can use to describe this album. Each song is unique enough to stand on its own, yet complement each other nicely. The lyrics may bring you down a bit, but I'd be lying if I said this type of music has any other purpose.

It feels very raw, poetic, and real which is rare in these over-produced album days we find ourselves in.

I wouldn't say it's a perfect album, as after a few listens the repetition got to be a bit much (I think their first album stood up slightly better to repetition), but still a very high quality album.

I would recommend this album to anyone who loved their first album, as it is exactly the same style, and will be telling all my friends and family to check it out (which is rare for me to do).
on January 4, 2018
Bought this for a friend and she has been listening to it ever since!
on July 21, 2013
This is an awesome album....seems to tell a story from beginning to end. It's very thinly instrumented as is The XX's typical style, but it really works for them. The lead singers trade off parts with ease to create an almost ethereal quality to the music. It almost puts me in a trance to listen to it...it's not relaxing exactly, but it definitely gets me in a sedate state of mind.
on December 20, 2017
I purchased this a while ago, and was very excited since I love this album. However, it arrived to me warped, which distorts the sound just enough to make it unlistenable. The seller at the time did not provide refund/replacement options. Very disappointed.
on December 27, 2013
Coexist had an awesome release and I very much enjoyed the map of the link-sharing through out the world.

The songs are still a bit ethereal while still fitting the alt rock genre and it's just wonderful. I think the songs stand alone better on the Coexist album than on the XX's original album, XX, but I'm still more drawn to the first.