Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 69 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 77 reviews
on April 26, 2015
I've had one of these for over twenty years but somehow managed to lose it, so I ordered a replacement without any hesitation. Please understand these aren't the best for some purposes, as the container takes on an awkward shape when filled, and wouldn't hold up well when full if packed with other cargo. There are other designs better suited to hauling your sole water supply for a weekend camping trip. You'd want a rigid container for something like that.

Where this jug shines is a unique temporary use I have. I often take my pickup camper on long trips to places with no provisions to refill the water tank from a hose. Most places do have some sort of spigot, however, so I use this jug to transfer the water.

It rests nicely on my shoulder as I refill my camper's tank. Thanks to the collapsible design, I can easily squeeze the sides to speed up the transfer. I added a short piece of hose to the jug's spigot to make the process easier.

Best of all, when not in use, this jug collapses to about 2" thick for easy storage. A jug like this would also work well for tent camping, etc. if you had limited storage space and knew you could fill it upon arrival. As long as I don't lose this one, it should serve me well for many years to come.
on November 17, 2011
I've used other collapsible plastic water containers over the years when camping. This product solves the problem of the container wanting to roll off of the table or bench, especially when full. The integrated handle makes this container easier to support when filling, and to carry when full.

Updated 2012-07-09:
After only a few uses, I noticed that a leak had developed in the cap. Closer inspection revealed that the thin white rubber gasket in the cap, that seals against the lip of the jug, had shifted and folded over a bit, causing the leak. I moved the gasket back to its original position and that fixed the leak, until the gasket shifted again. The gasket seems a bit too small for the purpose.
Due to the leak problem, I'm changing my rating from 5 stars to 3 stars.
on November 8, 2014
Took this on a 9-day canoe trip in Utah. I wasn't particulary careful with it, but neither was I very rough either, I'm generally reasonably careful with gear. Anyway, I think the conditions in which I used it were about the sort of conditions that one expects to use something like this in.

Anyway, it worked fine on the trip, a little slow to pour, but nice to be able to reduce the thickness as the water was used up.

At the end of the trip I washed it and refilled it with water to ensure internal cleanliness, and while sitting in the bathtub (fortunately) I saw a small leak. It's right at a corner, no way I can imagine patching that. So --- nice for the one trip, but now it's going to be recycled, or at least I hope this is recyclable plastic ... (I'll have to check).
on May 16, 2015
I wanted a carrier that didn't have to be folded for storage, because the last one I had started to leak where it was folded. One plus about this carrier is that the white spigot can rotate freely while the red cap stays tight. This lets you point it downward, no matter which side you lay it or stand it on. One negative is that it is not really free standing. That's the only reason I didn't rate it a 5 star. Another issue to be aware of is that if you are trying to 'waterfall' a drink from this like a drinking fountain, the water doesn't pour but instead it swirls outward and will probably get your face wet. It works just fine for filling bottles or cups though. The cord/hook holes in the corner are a nice touch.
on July 15, 2015
We bought this for boy scout backpacking trips. The boys are filtering water out of streams and creeks and needed something to put the filtered water in to bring back to camp. Sometimes the water source is a distance from camp so we needed something that would be easy to pack and easy to carry both empty and when full of water. This worked great. It is durable, easy to fill and easy to get water out of. Very happy we bought this and will probably pick up another one.
on March 13, 2013
Easy to pack and hold a lot of water. The best part is not included in the description either - the valve has an air intake that makes the jug work without bubbling and jugging at all, just a straight pour. Stand it up or lay it on its side, doesn't matter, the pour is perfect everytime.
on January 3, 2014
Others collapsible units that I have used eventually leak at the spot where the folds are. This unit has the folds that are "built in" and will not develop leaks. When not in use this product folds down nicely for storage.Get this one for sure!
on July 30, 2013
After using several big bulky water containers that would fall over after being half emptied I found this gem. It fills easily and lays flat on your camping table. The spigot does not leak and is easily turned on and off. The water does not have the slightest plastic taste as others I have used have. I was surprised at how much water it holds so easily. We are very happy with this item for our camping trip and will be ordering another.
on February 23, 2013
I purchased two of these for the purpose of storing salt water for my small tank at work. These are exactly the right size for water changes, they are not too heavy to lift when full, and thus far, have proven leak proof. I am ordering two more today so that I can store a month's worth of water. They do expand, but it took a couple of fills before the plastic eased up enough to sit comfortably, which may impact their usefulness for other purposes.
on November 17, 2013
The Water Carrier is a little awkward to handle and pack in the car when full but it works just fine. The Expandable feature actually works nicely as a collapsible feature so that an air hole is not required to remove water. It comes out freely all the way to the last drop. I only carry it for emergency water, so I'm not concerned with usage.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.