Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy For Dummies Paperback – October 15, 2010
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
- Identify and tackle toxic thought patterns
- Banish the behaviours that are holding you back
- Use CBT to overcome addiction, depression, anger, and more
- Reassess your past and address the present to achieve a happier, healthier life
Enhance your outlook and develop new ways of thinking
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy focuses on how you react to a situation, encouraging you to create new thought patterns to combat destructive beliefs and actions. This bestselling guide to CBT helps you identify the negative modes of thinking that have been holding you back and shows you how to assess and combat them. With new content on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and on overcoming addiction, this book is your toolkit for success. Whether you ant to rise above anxiety or depression, boost your self-esteem or simply improve your overall outlook, the building blocks for a happier life are right here.
- Read the signs learn to explore your emotions and spot errors in your thinking
- Maintain your mind use psychological gardening to weed out negative thoughts and watch your positivity bloom
- Set the goalposts of success train your sights on achievable tasks and look forward to the future
- Don't be afraid discover how to control your anxiety and learn to face your fears
- Kick the habit develop key skills to eradicate addictions and problem behaviour from your everyday life
'Don't be put off by the title this is one of the most comprehensive guides to CBT.'
The Sunday Times
Open the book and find:
- Techniques to refocus and retrain your awareness
- Why some 'solutions' are actually causing you problems
- Ways to get rid of unhealthy guilt
- How to tackle eating disorders and body dysmorphia
- The benefits of loosening your grip on control
- Ways to maintain and strengthen positive beliefs
- Guidance on accepting your past and enjoying the present
- How to lighten up and enjoy life
About the Author
Rhena Branch and Rob Willson are CBT therapists who work in private practice in North London. They both teach and supervise the MSc CBT course at Goldsmiths, having previously worked at The Priory clinic in London. They are the co-authors of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Workbook For Dummies and Boosting Self-Esteem For Dummies.
Top customer reviews
Most recent customer reviews
Most people can benefit from reading this book..