Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Alexa on Mobile Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 39 reviews
on July 29, 2016
This isn’t a workbook or textbook on the subject of counting coins, but it is a good book that reads as a rhyme and demonstrates counting coins up to a dollar. The main learning outcome of the book is how to combine coins and their values to reach larger amounts; five pennies is one nickel, two nickels is a dime, five nickels is a quarter, two quarters is one half dollar….etc. up to a one dollar bill amount.

It is a fun read with a good pace for my 6 year old son who is learning to count coins and money. I read and demonstrate the coins and counting from the book. It is a good supplement and reinforcement for counting coins and money lessons.

This product was a personal purchase for myself at the normal retail price. I am reviewing it solely because I want to share my experience with other potential customers. I have received no compensation for my review nor do I have any relationship with the seller or manufacturer of this product.
on January 26, 2017
This book really helped my 7-yr old granddaughter learn to count her money in her piggy bank. Once we read through this book, it was like a lightbulb went off and she suddenly "got it". I recommend this book for any child who is having problems grasping the money conversion process. It really helped us.
on July 13, 2013
I purchased this book for a young adult (21 years old) who was new to the US. She was looking for a job and was very insecure about making change. This was an excellent resource. She could refer to the book and be reminded of the values of each coin and how they make a dollar. It was perfect!!!!
on December 4, 2015
This book wasn't fun for k-2. My students didn't like it. You would do better to u-tube Honey Bunny money song. Kids love it and learn quite a bit.
on August 4, 2016
This is a sing-song rhyming book. This is not a serious book about counting money. The whole thing is a bad poem, and the pictures are super-sized photos where all the coins are basically blown up to the same exact full-page size.
on March 24, 2017
Got this book for my grandson, who will be five in a few months. He has a couple of piggy banks, enjoys saving his money, and especially enjoys spending some of it when his parents give him the "green light" to do so. This book is probably the best I've seen when it comes to helping a child understand the value of and the differences among the coins.
on November 5, 2013
I used this book as a read aloud for my second grade coin lesson in math. I enjoy "double-dipping" when I do lessons, if I can add different areas of study into other content areas, I do! This was one of those times. This book was PERFECT and FUN to use to introduce coin value. The children loved this book. We read it together, as an intro to the lesson with coin value: greater than, equal to, less than : ) It was a lot of fun and it got the children excited for the math lesson!
on March 25, 2017
This book has to be read to smaller children and children with Special Needs because of the higher grade of words used. Also coin pictures are enlarged so children can notice the detail to differentiate between the types of coins and denominations! I recommend for parents to purchase to work with their own children.
on May 25, 2016
This is the perfect money counting book that my daughter needed. Now she understands because she can visually see all of the money and what it equals. For some reason, before when we were using real money, she didn't understand.
on August 17, 2013
This book has been very helpful in teaching my child how to count money. I like the fact that it rhymes and show you different coins can total the same value. This book has been very helpful now that my child is receiving allowance I like that this book could be used as a reference for my child to make sure she's counting correctly. The "Coin Counting Book" can be passed on to other family members it's definitely a great learning tool!