Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cold Dawn (A Black Falls Book 3)
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on December 12, 2010
This book became more boring as I kept reading it. The complex relationship of many characters created a lack of caring about any of them! The love interest(s) has obvious ending....for all of them! The complex mystery is so improbable that I lost interest. I hate not to finish a book, so I did. I found it amusing that another reviewer picked up book to finish and found they already had....I did the same!
on November 30, 2014
Giving this a 5-star and I must revise and give book #2 the same(4-star was given). This thus far is a bang up series but it keeps you on your toes and Ms. Neggers writing is somewhat disjointed. lol but books 2 & 3 are great; one must think though - which is good.

JUST PLEASE DO NOT READ OUT OF ORDER LIKE I DID. I started with #2, was "befuddled" but finally understood it and then just had to know the ending of the series so went on to #3. Now I shall read #1.
on March 7, 2011
This is the first time that I've read anything by Carla Neggers. It will be the last. I was so confused by the time I got to the middle of the story I quit! I hate doing that, especially after paying for it. If there were a way to get a refund I would. I couldn't tell who was who, she kept adding characters in the middle of her story that had nothing to do with the plot. It was weak, confusing and very disapointing.
on November 16, 2010
When Rose Cameron finds a body, burnt nearly beyond recognition, the small town of Black Falls, Vermont fears a killer could be a on the loose-again. Smoke jumper Nick Martini joins the community from California after an arson investigator is killed, a hunch that the death may be connected to the recent Black Falls murder. Now, Rose and Nick must deal with the one night of passion they shared months ago, to figure out if it could be anything more. But with Nick best friends and business partners with one of Rose's highly over protective brothers, neither are sure the relationship could work- or if they really want it to. But both need to push aside their feelings of lust and romance and catch the killer lurking in Black Falls.

I knew Cold Dawn by Carla Neggers would be on my Favorites List after the first chapter. Even though this mystery novel is part of a series, readers will easily be able to pick up with the characters and the plot even if they have not read the previous books. The suspense was enough to keep me up at night, frantically flipping the pages to figure out who the murderer was and how all the subplots would tie together. The romance between the lead couple was very well written, full of drama and cliff hangers at the end of chapters, that kept me hooked on this story. My only issue was the amount of characters that contributed to the story, I began to feel overwhelmed after trying to keep track of all of them! But besides that little fact, this is a great story that gets a definite recommendation from me. After reading Cold Dawn, Carla Neggers has shot to the top of my favorite authors list!
on April 19, 2015
Hopefully this was not a stand alone book and I only missed something. I found keeping the characters straight very confusing. The book keeps referring to previous events. I had to struggle to get through it.
VINE VOICEon March 2, 2014
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
You know a book is not for you when you try to read it not once but twice and get no further than about chapter 3. It is made worse when the book you tried to read was done in about a year span. I read or I should say attempted to read the book when I first got it and then as part of my effort to clean up my TBR pile, I picked up the book again and put it down. So I guess I will never find out how this story ends or really began.
VINE VOICEon February 27, 2013
I usually like Carla Negger's books and was excited to be able to review this one. Unfortunately, the book did not meet my expectations. I felt as if the author could not make up her mind as to the theme; she couldn't decide if it was a complicated romance, an arson mystery or a continuation of her previous books. I enjoy romances and do read them often. I love to try to figure out "who done it" in all the mysteries that I read. I also like series where the same characters appear and develop.

I very quickly found myself confused with the number of characters and just felt lost.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2013
I usually like Carla Neggers work but this one I tried to read twice and I just stayed confused it was hard to stay intrested when there was so many characters and jumping from one place to the other. sometimes more isn't better. I thought the first time I tried to read it I was just tired and that was why I was confused but the second time it was clear this was wrote for someone with a far sharper mind than I have
on November 18, 2010
Have read several of her books but this one is way too difficult to follow....Even at 50% complete I was still having trouble remebering all the characters!! Way too many people......a family with 4 sisters, a family with 4 brothers and one sister, friends, and other characters who are not even related!! Just too many people to keep track of...made the plot less important! I was people counting all the time.
on January 19, 2013
I like the Black Falls gang, but their stories ar pretty predictable. Still, the town and the people would probably be good neighbors and interesting friends. It's not going to rock your world, but it's an okay read.