- Product Dimensions: 13.2 x 3.2 x 2.2 inches ; 1.3 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B004Z4CTOW
- Item model number: 39LSF
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (127 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #301,926 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Cold Steel 39LSF Leatherneck SF
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Leatherneck-SF -- short for "Semper Fi" -- has saber ground clip point blade, hollow ground and honed by hand to razor sharpness
- Substantial steel guard keeps fingers from sliding forward onto the knife's edge
- Double quillons are turned slightly forward to provide excellent hand protection and minimal interference when performing utility tasks
- 6.75-inch blade length, 4.75-millimeter blade thickness, five-inch handle, 11.75-inch overall length, and 10.4-ounce weight
- Includes limited manufacturer's warranty; details included with purchase
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The word OLeatherneck' has become synonymous with the famous U.S. Marines since 1776 when Congress compelled all Marines to wear a thick, high leather collar (known in the vernacular of the day as a "stock"). This collar served two purposes; First, it helped protect one's neck from sword and cutlass blows, and second, it forced a Marine to keep his head up straight, exhibiting the military posture that was fashionable at the time. Today, after two centuries of personal sacrifice on and off the battlefield, our Leathernecks enjoy the love, respect, and admiration of every true American and it is to them we dedicate the inaugural model of a new series of battle ready knives. The Leatherneck-SF (for Semper-Fi) features a hand-honed razor sharp clip point blade. It's flat ground from top to bottom, creating a shallow "V" shaped cross section that has proven ideal for cutting slicing, and shearing through a wide variety of materials. To keep the fingers from sliding forward on to its keen edge, the Leatherneck-SF comes with a substantial guard. Made of thick steel with double quillons that are turned slightly forward, it provides excellent protection for the hand, especially in close combat, while offering minimal interference in the use of the knife when performing utility tasks. The handle is made of deeply checkered Kraton®, it totally encloses the knives' extra wide, full tang and offers unsurpassed gripping power through its palm hugging oval cross section and unique finger trough. It's capped with a thick, machined steel butt cap (not cheap casting like others) so it can also deliver frightful blows with the butt or double in an emergency as a hammer. To carry the Leatherneck-SF safely and conveniently in all environments, it comes with a sturdy Secure-Ex sheath complete with fully detachable and ambidextrous belt loop.
The word "leatherneck" has become synonymous with the United States Marines since 1776, when Congress asked all Marines to wear a thick, high leather collar, which served two purposes. First, it helped protect one's neck from sword and cutlass blows, and second, it forced a Marine to keep his head up straight, exhibiting the military posture that was fashionable at the time. Today, to pay tribute to Marines' more than two centuries of sacrifice and heroism, Cold Steel knives has created the Leatherneck series of battle-ready knifes.
The Leatherneck-SF -- short for "Semper Fi" -- has a saber ground clip point blade, hollow ground and honed by hand to razor sharpness. To keep fingers from sliding forward onto their keen edge, Leatherneck knives come with a substantial guard, made of thick steel with double quillons that are turned slightly forward and provide excellent hand protection and minimal interference when performing utility tasks. The handle is made of deeply checkered Kray-Ex material that totally encloses an extra-wide, full tang. An oval cross section and unique finger trough provide impressive grip, and the knife is capped with a thick, machined steel butt cap for blunt defense or use as a hammer. A sturdy Secure-Ex sheath with fully detachable and ambidextrous belt loop is also included.
- 6.75-inch blade length
- 4.75-millimeter blade thickness
- Five-inch handle
- 11.75-inch overall length
- 10.4-ounce weight
- Griv-Ex and Kray-Ex handle
- SK-5 high German 4116 Stainless Steel
All Cold Steel products are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship. Details are included with your purchase.
About Cold Steel
Cold Steel, Incorporated was founded in 1980, with the goal of making the strongest, sharpest cutlery in the world for knife enthusiasts. Over the last three-plus decades, the company has been at the forefront of many design innovations that have helped innovate the knife industry, including introduction of checked Kraton handles, and the tanto point blade styles which have become industry hallmarks of quality and sophistication.
Top customer reviews
2. If you don't know whether you should spring f0r a Kydex sheath on one of your other knives, buy this blade to see how you would like a Secure-Ex knife. I love that sheath by the way. I took off the belt loop by just unscrewing it. Now it just sits in the sheath next to my computer.
3. If you like your Ka-Bar Fighting knife. but want something with a better blade shape, then get this knife.
4. If your thinking of getting a Ka-Bar Fighting knife, then get this one instead.
Are there better blades out there? Of course, but this one serves so many purposes. Combat, Chopping, Splitting, inexpensive. It's just the most usable mid sized blade I have ever bought.
For $50 I have never been happier with a purchase of my knife.
Edit: Amazon is confused about their description confirmed by Cold Steel. All Full Flat Ground LeatherNeck's are in fact SK-5. I might order myself a second one of these bad boys. The Hollow Ground version's are all 4115 German Stainless Steel. For clarity, there is no such thing as SK-5 high German 4116 Stainless Steel, amazon in it's confusion has list both metals together as one name which is incorrect.
Edit: So sad, I think that all the Amazon sellers are advertising Sk-5 steel and selling only 4116 Crap steel.......Just a heads up, the knife I reviewed is not the knife that is being sold.
The knife is a bit big for everyday carry, but still possible, sometimes I do carry it.
You can even strap it to your belt and slide the sheath in your pocket, concealing it pretty well.
Great for camping, bug out bag, etc...
The handle is a bit uncomfortable at first, but once it's worn in some it's great.
Provides a very nice, slip resistant grip.
The sheath is awsome.
Its can be change to hang vertical/horizontal and also left/right side.
Or reversed for a knife fighting type draw.
It also can be strapped to a pack easily.
The knife clips into it very securely.
Over all I'm definitely happy with it.
I've used it a good bit now.
I don't suggest hacking with it...but other than that, it's great.