Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Cold Steel 97GMSZ Gladius Machete, Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Collectibles knives & blades machetes
- Versatile top of the line
- Another quality product
- Blade Length: 19"
- Handle: 7-7/8" Polypropelene
- Steel: 1055 Carbon with Black Baked On Anti Rust Matte Finish
- Overall: 26-7/8"
- Blade Thick: 2.8MM
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Gladius machete Cold Steel Gladius machete collectibles knives & blades machetes. Another great addition to any collection.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal DisclaimerThis product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Cheap. Best deal I found on the net.
- Surprisingly solid, nicely balanced. You will feel confident handling this weapon whilst quietly silencing your neighbor's yippy dog, Scuttle, that urinates on your welcome mat.
- Extremely sharp. Other swords don't come this sharp. You will be surprised how pointy this is.
- At this price, 1055 carbon steel is a fantastic deal.
- Sheath is well-belt and practical.
- Simple, no-nonsense design. Just know this is not a jewel-encrusted monstrosity.
CONS (more like "cautions"):
- Messily painted with the black "anti-rust" paint. (see photos)
- Sharpened edge contains significant barbs along the edge. Just know this isn't cleanly sharpened, like a razor or pocket knife blade.
- It is thick enough to be laser-engraved on both sides while still maintaining its integrity as a weapon.
- Comes in clear plastic sleeve displaying other machete-type tools/weapons that Cold Steel makes.
- Made in South Africa.
Due to the pros vastly outweighing the cons, I give this 5 stars.
I must warn you. The very tip is thin and would avoid using this tip to chop down trees or bushes or what not. Not that the tip is not strong,but its not designed to be whacked on trees,rocks or vegetation like that. This thing is not designed to be used as a machete. It is made to kill. Its tip and its double edge proves that this is a weapon and the wielder is not just trimming his bushes with it.
I dont see this as a garden machete. I see this a defensive weapon. I see this as the thing you reach for when you know someone broke into your house. I have this sword by my bedside at night for this very reason! Its an awesome defense weapon! Its tip looks like it will go through a man if you wanted it too. Its light and easy to control,that makes this sword deadly. As I states earlier. This is a weapon. You can use it as a machete if you want too. But I would be careful with the tip when cutting down tree branches. And also keep in mind that when your going at it at that tree remember that you have a second,equally sharp blade facing you at all times. It will do a great job as a garden machete don't get me wrong,but its designed to be a weapon meant to kill. The primary purpose of this thing is being a weapon in my opinion, but thats just me. Overall a great sword and definitely worth buying!
Pros - Decent weight, nice and hefty, solid, good grip, well balanced enough for the price, comes pretty sharp.
Cons - Extremely rough edge with burrs galore (definitely done with a grinder), blotchy paint job and paint smeared on the unpainted edges (not a big deal) and the tip is squared off on both swords, one much worse than the other.
It will take a lot of work to get the edges cleaned up and to file a good point on the swords, but I'm not disappointed since I got an amazing deal on these - fifteen dollars each with free shipping. I wonder if they were that cheap because of the defects. They are good beaters to play around and chop up boxes with. Bought these with the intent on them being for home defense, but only will keep them as a standby if I can get them cleaned up and functional.
Most recent customer reviews
Plus side: lightweight, full tang, very good edge and scary tip.Read more