Cold Steel Gladius Machete, Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Made from 1055 Carbon Steel
- Sporting an extra wide, full tang for strength and a classically inspired handle, it offers the standard guard and ball shaped pommel of years gone by
- Made of high impact Polypropylene, it's impervious to the elements, and rugged beyond belief
- Blade Length (inches): 19
- Blade Length: 19"
- Handle: 7-7/8" Polypropelene
- Steel: 1055 Carbon with Black Baked On Anti Rust Matte Finish
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Derived from the sword used by Celtic tribes of ancient Iberia (Spain) and adopted by the Roman Legions, the Gladius, with its long, narrow point and wasp waisted blade, was the scourge of the battlefield and often the last thing seen or felt by Rome's enemies. Ever popular, the Gladius is still in demand almost 2000 years later and is one of Cold Steel's most frequently requested swords to make, so they decided to offer a modern version of this ancient classic in a very affordable machete/sword format.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Cheap. Best deal I found on the net.
- Surprisingly solid, nicely balanced. You will feel confident handling this weapon whilst quietly silencing your neighbor's yippy dog, Scuttle, that urinates on your welcome mat.
- Extremely sharp. Other swords don't come this sharp. You will be surprised how pointy this is.
- At this price, 1055 carbon steel is a fantastic deal.
- Sheath is well-belt and practical.
- Simple, no-nonsense design. Just know this is not a jewel-encrusted monstrosity.
CONS (more like "cautions"):
- Messily painted with the black "anti-rust" paint. (see photos)
- Sharpened edge contains significant barbs along the edge. Just know this isn't cleanly sharpened, like a razor or pocket knife blade.
- It is thick enough to be laser-engraved on both sides while still maintaining its integrity as a weapon.
- Comes in clear plastic sleeve displaying other machete-type tools/weapons that Cold Steel makes.
- Made in South Africa.
Due to the pros vastly outweighing the cons, I give this 5 stars.
• sharp out of the box
• pretty well weighted for powerful swings (but a little heavy)
• excellent cutter
• comfortable handle
• very large pommel
• crappy, easily bent til
• black matte "anti-rust" material is a little sticky and feels wierd
• sometimes the pommel digs into your palm and leaves marks
I would recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap, somewhat sturdy sword to do backyard cutting with or for display. (I just bought it because my older sword bent and I needed a cheap alternative for the time being) Again, good cutter for the money.