- Series: Complete Reference
- Paperback: 792 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill; 1st edition (July 30, 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0072225564
- ISBN-13: 978-0072225563
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 1.8 x 9.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 6 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,780,955 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
ColdFusion MX: The Complete Reference Paperback – July 30, 2002
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
From the Back Cover
"A wealth of information in a format that is easy to access and implement. I have no doubt that this book will take its place on the desks of most developers as on of the "must have" ColdFusion reference materials."
--Simon Horwith, Macromedia Certified Instructor, Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer
The Definitive Resource on ColdFusion MX
This indispensable guide thoroughly covers every aspect of ColdFusion MX--from the ColdFusion Markup Language (CFML) to the administration of your ColdFusion Application Server. Take advantage of the new ColdFusion MX features such as J2EE compliancy and ColdFusion Components for rapid development, portability, and distributed applications. Use tag-based CFML to consume or create Web services, add a search engine to your site--even check your email. Mix ColdFusion with other technologies such as Java, Macromedia Flash, XML, Dreamweaver, COM, and wireless applications. Master the ColdFusion and database design skills necessary to successfully transfer data between your ColdFusion MX Application Server and a Web browser.
- Discover the new features and functionality in ColdFusion MX and migrate your old ColdFusion applications to ColdFusion MX
- Enjoy seamless interoperability with XML, Java, and other languages
- Create Web services with ColdFusion MX and consume third-party Web services
- Integrate ColdFusion MX easily with other technologies--including Macromedia Flash MX, COM, and wireless applications
- Host ColdFusion applications
- Secure your ColdFusion server and applications using the Security Sandbox and the new ColdFusion MX security model
- Maintain data with advanced SQL, and apply other database concepts--including relational database design, aggregate functions, and stored procedures
- Prepare your applications for deployment by using load-testing software
- Create search engines and work with Web-based content
- Extend ColdFusion using the CFX API for Java and C++
About the Author
Jeffry Houser (New Britain, CT) is the owner of DotComIt, a Web consulting firm. He has more than 5 years of programming and web development experience and has been on-line since the late 80s. He is a ColdFusion Certified Developer and his work with ColdFusion includes a multitude of projects, ranging from business-to-business Intranet sites to consumer Web sites.
Top customer reviews
Web Performance, Inc. Load Testing Software
While I didn't get anything out of the "introduction to CFML programming" chapters, I think a beginner would find them more appropriate.
This book really shines when it gets into the new ColdFusion MX features such as ColdFusion components and Web services. The chapter on XML was especially good.