We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Hook and Loop closure
- The original high-performance cold weather mask designed to protect against the damaging effects of cold air
- Patented two-in-one balaclava design allows for a comfortable and user-friendly fit while providing protection in the harshest winter environments
- The ColdAvenger ventilator is made of a soft medical grade, non-toxic polyurethane that is comfortable and inherently antimicrobial
- Patented ventilator design allows you to breathe freely and keeps your airways protected with warm and humidified air
- Hidden nose-wire and a generous hook and loop closure allows for a custom fit
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The ColdAvenger Expedition Balaclava is the warmest, most versatile cold weather mask available. We combine our popular ventilator with our patented two-piece balaclava design to provide the perfect level of protection during any wintertime adventure. The unique two-piece design allows for easy removal of the ventilator without having to remove the full balaclava or other headwear. The ColdAvenger ventilator is made of a soft, medical grade, anti-microbial polyurethane plastic. The patented design allows you to breathe freely while keeping your airways protected and relaxed with warm and humidified air. Built with a hidden “nose-wire” and generous hook & loop closure to allow for a custom fit and near universal sizing. Wear a ColdAvenger . Stay out longer !
- Item Weight : 1 Pounds
- Department : Mens
- Date First Available : March 22, 2018
- Manufacturer : Talus Outdoor Technologies
- ASIN : B089Y8XPNB
- Customer Reviews:
Compare with similar items
Black Stallion AH1520 TruGuard 200 Arc Rated FR Cotton Balaclava One S
Sireck Cold Weather Balaclava Ski Mask, Water Resistant and Windproof Fleece Thermal Face Mask, Cycling Motorcycle Neck Warmer Hood Winter Gear for Men Women
Xianful Balaclava Windproof Ski Balaclava Cold Weather Face Balaclava Waterproof Thermal Fleece Full Balaclava Winter Warm Hood for Men Motorcycle Skiing Snowboarding Cycling Bike with Balaclava Filter Black, Medium
Balaclava with Detachable Heat Exchanger Face Mask, Winter Ski Mask, Ergodyne N-Ferno 6970,Black
KLIM Arctic Balaclava
|Sold By||—||The GangBox||SrkOutdoor||xianful||EZ Gifts 4 U||KLIM|
|Size||One Size||One Size||One Size||Medium||One Size||One Size|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First time with glasses and otg goggles, and they fogged over in a heartbeat. I adjusted the fit over the nose, but that didn't help. I tried adjusting the fit of the velcro - raising/lowering, fit it tighter/ looser - but nothing helped. It was in the 20s, moderate wind, lightly snowing, and i was blind.
Next try it was sunny, calm wind, and still cold. I didn't put the face mask on, and didn't have any problems.
Last try I wore contacts, and tried my otg goggles, and, later, a pair of scott goggles. It was high winds, moderate snow fall, and temperature in the teens. Both pairs of goggles froze over inside in no time, and the snow was piling up inside the mask.
As others have said, the fit is baggy (i wore a beanie under this to make things snug, and keep my ears warm), and the mouth cover likes to slide up towards your eyes. It's not a huge deal, but it bunches up and I had to keep tugging it back down.
I'm 5' 9" and 165lbs and wear a large helmet - the fit was perfect for me.
In contrast to a recent reviewer, whose eyeglasses fogged cycling, I had ZERO fogging the entire trip and that's with two days of intense 8 hours of skiing on blue and black runs all day over multiple mountains, chairlifts, etc - taking some pretty fast runs. However, I was wearing ski goggles and not eyeglasses. I'm not sure this product is made for intense physical exercise & heavy breathing (i.e. cycling) while maintaining an airtight fit over the nose (without wearing ski type goggles), so I think if for his uses, my recommendation is he wear some goggles (such as these: Windshield Goggle Kit Smoke/Clear Lenses Fits Over Most Glasses ) over his glasses to keep from fogging.
I actually had several ski resort staff members ask me specifically about the mask - and I did hear a "Darth Vader" comment by someone at one of the lodges getting lunch - and my 6 year old son sure thinks it's cool. :) There were numerous people (in my group and others) complaining all day about how cold it was and I was quite toasty on both the runs and ski lifts, there were no detectable drafts around my neck or face.
I never used the add-on soft foam piece that you tape to the top inside of the "ventilator" that fits over the bridge of your nose. It just felt more comfortable to me without it.
I give it 5 stars because (1) there is nothing I could find to change and (2) there is nothing cheaper that performs as well for my uses, so as far as I'm concerned, this is the product I will recommend to all my friends.
Editted on 11/14/2014: After several winters, I have all but given up on wearing this mask with goggles, due to the poor fit of the nose my goggles are often fogging up and I spend way to much time trying to adjust it. I'm thinking about heating or cutting the respirator part to see if I can get it to fit my nose better, since I won't be using it otherwise.
I"m sure it works for some people, but I just can't get it to work consistently for me.
outside in the winter. I haven’t ran outside with it yet but I have ran on the treadmill in my cold basement and definitely could tell the difference. I think for my purposes, using it it for 15-45 mins to run, it will work. However, I could see this being uncomfortable for those who are wanting to use it for hours at a time.
Top reviews from other countries
1) Its WARM around mouth and ears. Even when walking towards a -35 celcius wind. The face mask attachment conveniently stretches to provide an extra layer of fleece over your ears.
2) The air you breath in is also very warm.
3) The fleece is relatively good quality.
4) A positive small step in the direction of improving balaclava technology.
1) The fit. The toque portion doesn't cover your whole forehead so you need to wear another toque over it (this ends up interfering with velcro for mask).
2) Inside the ventilator its soaking wet after only an hour of use. This makes for extreme discomfort and a general gross feeling.
3) The chin cover of the face mask gets pulled up and eventually blocks the ventilation, very annoying as you have to constantly be pulling it back down and readjusting it.
4) Unless you have goggles on the ventilator will push up into your eyes, impeding your ability to look downwards at times.
5) The cheap nose foam they give you to stick onto the ventilator is just made cheap and won't last. You only get one of these 10 cent devices so be nice to it!! They could have at least thrown a few of these in there, I mean seriously.
6) Feels like you're wearing a gas mask, overall its just really intrusive.
7) Defective stitching around the chin is a constant annoyance and just looks bad.
*DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS!!!
ne réchauffe pas l air inspirer comme inscrit
prix variable 15 $ de moins en 4 jours ?? attention au prix demandÉ
plastique très ordinaire
valve tres delicate bris rapidement