- File Size: 1647 KB
- Print Length: 116 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: RJ Parker Publishing; 1 edition (September 18, 2016)
- Publication Date: September 18, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01LWX0XNL
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #99,354 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
In Colder Blood: True Story of the Walker Family Murder as depicted in Truman Capote’s, In Cold Blood Kindle Edition
|Length: 116 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
I liked the writing style that was clean, direct, and to the point. The sequence of events and comparison of the time lines between the activities of the Walker family and the sightings of Hickok and Smith ties together bet well.
It was frustrating about the DNA sample contamination. Hopefully in the near future the results will be better since there are improvements to the technology and the technician will do a better job handling samples.
The most compelling clue were the boot prints at the Clutter crime scene being so similar to ones found at the Walker crime scene. It is unfortunate that the KBI would not allow the boots to be used for a better analysis.
I remember one thing that a psychiatrist noted about Hickok and Smith, that alone their crimes tended to be non-violent. It was the dynamics once they paired up that unleashed their violence. Together they were vicious. Had they not been apprehended, they would have continued killing.
I know that Capote played on Hickok's poverty and Smith's terrible childhood, but other people have endured worse and did not become killers. It does not justify what they did to the Clutters and most likely to the Walkers.
It is very likely that this young family were also victims of this deadly pair.
If you read In Cold Blood, you need to read this book.
When new information becomes available I hope Mr Hunter does an update on the book.
JT hunter wrote the story of Hickock and Smith who at the time of another horrendous murder were both released from prison, found this book to be a page turner. If you enjoy True crime, you need to buy this one.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Specific Groups > Crime & Criminals
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > True Crime > Serial Killers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > True Crime > Criminals
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > True Crime > Murder & Mayhem
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > True Crime > Serial Killers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Forensic Psychology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > World > Modern
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Law > Criminal Law > Evidence
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Law > Criminal Law > Law Enforcement