Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 187 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 210 reviews
on January 29, 2015
This is a fantastic concert film! I had the privilege of attending a date on this tour and the show Coldplay put on was remarkable in the truest sense of the word. I've never seen anything like it nor have I ever been as engaged at a concert. The stages they put together for the shows say it all. I sat in the back of the arena, out of view only to realize a song or two in that the stage was circular. Just as I did, Chris Martin is in front of us with his back to the rest of the arena asking us if we're alright and thanking us for coming and putting up with being behind the stage. The attention they give to the fans is brilliant. The show was even better and the atmosphere was buzzing and glowing with Xylobands and the excitement. It's definitely a great feeling to be surrounded by 20,000 other people who are belting out Yellow with the band.

That feeling is translated so well onto film here. And the Bluray is even better. It looks crisp, the sound is clear and just how I remember it. There is a lot of grain in the filming and that might be the choice of the director or the result of filming in low-light, but it doesn't impact the quality of this release.

I think the best moment from this tour is when the Xylobands start to go off and all 20,000 people seem to be standing and waving their arms. It must have been quite a spectacle for the band and it's made to be quite a spectacle in this film. I highly encourage a viewing.
on December 14, 2012
First off, congrats to Jim Parsons the producer and Paul Dugdale the director for making one of the best bands in the world look and sound awful! This a master piece of how not to make a music video. Looks to me like Coldplay tried to make their version of U2's Rattle and Hum but forgot that picture and sound were important. The video is awful (there's that word again) and the sound washes out Chris Martin's vocals.... I could hardly wait for it to end it was so bad. And the endless 2 second video cuts are enough to make anyone want to turn off the DVD.

Coldplay, you owe me my money back on this one. U2 would never put out such a product.... even 20 years ago.
on May 31, 2014
I can only think that this was either not captured in native HD then subsequently transferred to BluRay in SD, or it was captured in HD and over produced into a grainy, blurry overproduced disaster.

Even running the my best video processors, the what-I-assume to be intentionally grainy picture makes the concert very difficult to watch on my 60" HD flatscreen pushed via an OPPO BD player and thru a Marantz AV processor.

Having seen previous Coldplay concerts in glorious HD back in 2007 on HDNet, what made them brilliant was the stage production captured by crystal clear camerawork. With the Coldplay: Live 2012 BD I find myself removing my glasses to soften the effect of the grainy picture.

The audio track is passable, but not the best. Combined with the terrible picture, it just begs to divert your attention elsewhere.
on October 8, 2016
We traveled to Chicago this summer to see Coldplay, but the concert was all but rained out so we only got to see them play for a little more than an hour. It was very disappointing (and pretty miserable due to the rain going to, and leaving Soldier Field) but what we did get to experience was really wonderful. My husband gave this DVD to me for my birthday and it's really well done, not only in terms of the concert performances, but the history and behind the scenes of what goes into their concerts from small venues to the huge stadium shows. If you are a fan, you will definitely enjoy this, and included is a CD of their music, so you can't go wrong. We have thoroughly enjoyed watching it several times over.
on November 20, 2012
With this being their first major concert video release in almost ten years, I was expecting greatness. I was disappointed. The blu ray disc would not play on one of my machines that is three years old, but it did play on another that is one year old. The crappy video and audio production could not disguise the fact that it's a recording of one of the greatest rock bands of their generation. As such, this DVD will probably be good enough for their millions of fans around the world. Sadly, on the global scale of concert videos, it's pretty poor. The video editing is junk, with just a bunch of quick takes of the flashiest particular moment, and no artistry. The audio quality is okay, but not exceptional. For comparison, I would consider the audio quality on John Mayer's "Where the Light Is" to be exceptional. This DVD doesn't even come close to that. So for die hard Coldplay fans, might as well go ahead and buy it. It's a documentary of a great band at the height of their musical powers. If you're not an avid Coldplay fan, this set isn't likely to turn you into one. The thirty dollars would be better spent on three of their audio CD's - doesn't matter which, that's up to your personal taste. X&Y was my favorite.
on March 10, 2016
I saw Coldplay in Dallas on this tour. Unforgettable, especially with the flashing wristbands. This DVD is a great portrayal of that show. The band interviews are really poignant too. Really enjoyed it.
on June 24, 2016
I hope this is not their last tour (2017). They have their haters but live is a blast!!! And with Amazon Prime and their player App I no longer need iTunes. And I can play the CD on my home system AND I have it on my App without lifting a finger. Thank you Amazon Prime.
on March 23, 2016
Amazing CD/DVD combo of one of the greatest live performances ever. Coldplay at their best.
Songs: 1. Hurts like heaven
13. Clocks
14. Fix you
15. Every teardrop is a waterfall
on January 2, 2016
This is easily my favorite Coldplay album. The dvd is great, too. The only negative for me was "Yellow." Yeah, it was the song that made them famous, but can we please all move on and admit that it just is not that great.
on September 29, 2016
This is my favorite album ever, Coldplay puts everything they have into these live shows and you can really tell even without being there