Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cole Haan Men's Air Grant Driving ShoeAshley Blue9 M US
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

on June 23, 2012
If you're in the market for a pair of suede driving shoes, these are a great option. I've had drivers from other companies (Clarks) and think the fit and finish of these are much nicer. The "mango" color is a medium tan with an obvious orange base. I was concerned that the color might be VERY orange, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was not. If you're looking for a very conservative pair of brown shoes, this probably isn't the color for you, but if you're looking for something a little different to go with your "go to hell" pants, these would be a good pair. The suede is very tight instead of shaggy. It's not obvious that they're suede instead of a dull grain leather until you're up pretty close.

I found the sizing to be appropriate. I would recommend ordering the size of your usual dress shoes; if you're like me, there's a disparity between your dress shoes and your casual/running shoes. I wear a 13 in running shoes but 12 in dress shoes, so I ordered these in 12. These fit perfectly; tight enough that they don't slip off my feet when I'm wearing them, but not so tight that they're uncomfortable. They're also comfortable walking around, though if you're expecting something super-cushy because of the Nike Air pad in the heel, you'll be disappointed. The instep is a bit flat and the outsole in not very padded, but I found this to be standard with any pair of drivers I've worn.

Overall, I recommend these drivers.
on November 14, 2012
Unlike several reviewers who seem to have bought these as some sort of style statement, I plan to use these as driving shoes. They seem like they will work well for that purpose.
--It's cold where I am right now & these light-weight shoes are not made for winter wear, but I will be driving someplace warmer. I have,however, worn them enough to find them comfortable & true-to-size.
These are not the equal of a pair of Tod's. They are not as well-made, the "mango suede", for example, is not really suede, but just a roughly finished leather, the stitching is not as neat, they may not last as long --the Tod's, however, cost more than 8 times as much. For the money these Cole Haan made-in-India shoes are a great buy. Since I'll be wearing them for driving I really don't care if they look as flash as $445 shoes might.
All in all, these shoes are a good deal.
on February 21, 2013
These bad boys are so comfortable I found myself wearing them indoors, strongly considering another pair just for outdoors.
The laces are useless, (one star off) screw it, get them one half size down or same size, if your feet are wide like mine,, rip off the laces and enjoy the walking on gel.

Oh, and if you're flat footed, don't worry, it all angles out,
on February 17, 2013
Finally, a pair of Cole Haan driving mocs that fit. I'm not sure about the move from Brazil to India, from a quality standpoint, but I can say these newest "Air Grant" series of drivers fit my feet a whole lot better than the "Gunnison" versions made in Brazil; I found they ran very narrow in width. I don't have a wide foot but even without socks they always felt tight. Not so with the "Air Grant" mocs. I purchased a laced pair like those shown on this listing and they fit great. They're also a lot more comfortable; the "Nike Air" technology and a cushier insole makes them acceptable to wear all day long. While not the first choice for a solid day of walking, the Air Grant works a lot better than the older Gunnisons. They also seem to be styled a little differently. Whereas the old Brazillian-made C-H mocs had a short vamp, the Air Grant seems to have a more normal length vamp that extends back to the top of the instep.

The mocs I bought are "Bark Suede" ...basically a light-brown, textured and distressed leather rather than a true fuzzy suede. They look ruggedly casual. The leather seems to be thinner than on the older Brazillian-made versions. Certainly the laces are thinner and are almost decorative rather than functional; the lacing is used to snug or loosen the moccasin on your foot. But pull too hard on these laces and they will break without much effort. If you do break a lace they can be replaced fairly easily. You can buy a kit (online, local shoe store) to rethread moccasins like these.

The crazy-wild knobby soles are still the same in tread pattern ...and, IMHO, a big part of what makes these moccasins so cool. But the soles are definitely made of softer rubber which helps in comfort and traction but cuts down on longevity; a fair trade off in my book. If you've never worn a pair of Cole Haans with this sole ...because the knobs are kinda tall and made of softer rubber ...they tend to flex or "squirm" a bit more when you walk so they might feel a little strange a first. Give it time and you'll get used to them; these are not running shoes.

Sizing on the "Grant" seems to run a little larger than true. I normally wear a mens 8.5 dress shoe but found the best fit on these mocs with a size 8. The best part is the width; the D width I bought feels like it should and my dogs don't feel scrunched ...even when wearing light socks.

Nike owns Cole Haan ...for the moment. Apparently Nike plans to divest itself of both C-H and Umbro clothing (those silky nylon soccer shorts) and who knows what will happen. This would probably be a good time to score of pair of these mocs. If you're like me and always found C-H drivers too tight or too uncomfortable or both (especially considering their price) then rejoice. The "Air Grant" line are the ones to go for; you finally get a pair of Cole Haan's that fit.
on January 3, 2013
I bought these to wear during the spring and summer, when the weather becomes nice out. I can never speak enough on the comfort of CH shoes. I fell as if they were custom made for my feet. These shoes are no exception.
on November 21, 2013
I wear a lot of Coel Haan drivers and they usually wear at the same points - the heel corners, the front. This pair is no exception and they are suede so the wear is more of an issue. That said, I treat them with extra care, exercise caution when I walk and always clean them with a light shoe brush. They are extremely comfortable, just like the other "Air" shoes.
on August 5, 2013
The ties on the shoes were breaking within the first month. There is nothing left of them now. They have not worn well at all. Very disappointing!
on September 5, 2013
I bought it for my father and he liked my gift. Good color (but doesn't look like it's shown here, a lit bit green-khaki tone), really comfortable. And my father wants more in different colors.
on May 8, 2013
The Teal shoes were advertised as suede but that is not true. They have a coating that is supposed to emulate suede and not done too well. Are these nock off shoes made in China and not really Cole Haan?
on February 22, 2013
These are pretty comfortable shoes - it takes some getting used to the Air Grant sole, but once you are used to walking in them, they are a very comfortable and kind of feels like you are walking on air. These look like blue suede and while they are leather, they are not seude, which helps to keep them cleaner.