Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 594 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 624 reviews
on December 24, 2015
I have been purchasing and wearing Cole Haan Pinched Tassel shoes for 20 years, I always get 10.5E for a wider width and these shoes are the same as I have always purchased directly from Cole Haan. Having said that, I will say these shoes I purchased are the "older" style of soles, these are all leather uppers and soles, the "newer" Cole Haan Pinched Tassell shoes I have purchased over the past 3 years, have a half rubber front sole and half leather heel sole which gives better grip on the streets, carpets, tile, sidewalks, etc. A few reviewers said these shoes are slippery on the bottom soles, that "IS" correct, the older style, which is what these are, do slip slide and you must rough them up in the beginning. I put my new shoes on and go out to my sidewalk and kind of do the twist motion on them a few times. This roughs the all leather soles up enough so they don't slip and slide. If you don't rough the bottom soles up, you are in for a fall somewhere in your future, either on carpet or even on the street. Rough the bottom soles up first and you will be good to go. These shoes fit the same as all my other Cole Haan shoes I have purchased, there is nothing different, at least to me, about the size of these shoes compared to others I have purchased, the 10.5E always fits as do these. Cole Haan probably had enough calls about people slipping with the all leather soles that they changed them to half rubber soles for better grip, which is a lot better in my opinion. However, to get the "newer" shoes, I'd have to pay $70 more than these through Cole Haan, I can do a lot of roughing up of the all leather soles for $70 and having had both the all leather soles and half leather half rubber soles, I can tell you for me, they wear the same, neither pair last longer or shorter than the other. I also use Cole Haan restoration services. Those services come with the new rubber half soles and they cost $95 to restore the soles and I have to also pay for shipping, so for the price of "brand new" shoes, I'll stick with these and just watch my step! ;>) These shoes are a great price! The least I've paid for Cole Haan over the past 20 years has been about $100 so these are a great buy! I love these shoes, I wear them everyday, all day. I'm a sales representative going from one office to another and I love Cole Haan shoes, except for my tennis shoes, Cole Haan are the only shoes I have worn for work for the past 20 years, very satisfied with my purchase at an excellent 1995 price tag ;>)
on May 30, 2013
Great shoe and have a pair I have worn before. The sizing is wrong. They run very small. Ordered a wide E and was too small. Received credit immediately.
on October 27, 2013
I've worn this shoe for years and buy two pair a year. When I received this pair, I felt that they didn't fit right, but ignored it as a new pair that needed to break in. I was wrong, they really do fit different. Found out that they are now made in India...
on August 20, 2016
How disappointing. This was w/o a doubt the most disastrous Amazon purchase ever. I had three pair of this exact model purchased on internet from Nordstrom. Black, cordovan, calf skin. All are great. I just wanted a back up pair.
So, Cole Haan is changing the model specs (my guess)--I could not acquire them from any high-end store-and I was forced to buy from Amazon.
They came, and were too large. I knew about the 'don't return if you wear them'----OK. I thought about it, then put in a tongue pad/spacer. It helped. Manageable only. Still a little loose. I hate to return stuff.
I wore them to work. After a hour or so, I noticed they were scuffing the floors-copiously. Total bummer.
After much back and forth w Amazon, I was forced to pay for shipping up front, and now am waiting for a qualifying item (sold and shipped by Amazon) to get my $15 shipping back.
(My cobbler looked the shoe over, and said it looked fine (before I wore it in public)
I thought the press die to put "COLE HAAN" on the sole was not as crisp as the other 'real/authentic' pairs.
All the shoes, the good three pairs, and this sorry one say made in India.)
The outfit that sold the shoe did credit my account-but they didn't like it.
The entire affair was way way over the top in aggravation. I will never ever buy shoes from anywhere but a super quality vendor like Nordstrom, Niemann-Marcus, etc.
Bottom line----Shoe too big, and scuffed floors (note I have three pair of exact same shoe that were perfect.)....plus no shipping label given to me.
on October 9, 2014
This was my 3rd pair of Pinch Tassel Cole Haan shoes in 25-years. And at the price you can get them on Amazon makes them a great value. True, Cole Haan shoes are a tad more expensive than other major brand shoes, but you really do get what you pay for in these shoes, and that equates to years of wear. Of course, anytime you can save a little bit of money on a quality shoes makes for a great bargain (thanks Amazon!).

From my experience, Cole Haan's uppers look fabulous and wear like iron. Yes, I have had several re-soles in those 25 years, but the uppers have always worn well and remained like brand new. In fact, the only reason I even had to buy new pairs were that my feet grew in size. If you want a great value, and a shoe that will look great for years to come, I highly recommend the Cole Haan brand whole heatedly! BTW - The Pinched Tassel loafer in my favorite!
on September 27, 2016
I stock up these loafers when on sale. They run big (i.e. I usually wear 8.5 and I have to wear 7.5 for this one). But I have been wearing Cole Haan pinch for years and I know exactly my size. They are very comfortable and stylish. The quality has been deteriorting since 2015. It might be my imagination but I just find the overall quality is not as good as those I got before 2015. Cole Haan has actually phased out this style and released some other Grand Penny so I cannot comment on that. I always keep 4 extra pairs around and throw an old pair every 18 to 24 month when they look tired. Have never really resoled them since they are really inexpensive shoes. Great for sockless look in the summer as well. I wear them all day long without any problem but would not recommend walk all day in them (no leather shoes can provide that level of comfort if you walk all day anyway). Almost no break in time (maybe a few days max).
on December 26, 2014
Brother!
Bought some CH Pinch Tassel Loafers, size 13 D, Nike Air version in burgundy a while back. While the right one was a bit tighter than the left one, I thought them a good enough fit to buy another pair in another color: mahogany. Didn't have the Air version. No matter, I think. I'll just buy the regular ones (I'm currently reviewing) and a bit wider, size 13 E.
Well, they came quickly, had 13 E printed on the inside sides, but were much smaller and narrower than the 13 Ds I'd bought just shortly before. I look closer--and what do I discover? There's a 12 D stamp on the insole!
I compared them with a pair of ancient 12 Ds I own from way back in the nineties and sure enough, they are the same size.
I was sold a 12 D for a 13 E.
Now I understand that these shoes weren't US-made. They're produced in India. Indians are hard-working and diligent people, but English letters and numbers might be foreign to some of them.
Also, as of yet there's just a difference in overall quality. There are glue marks, edge set-offs, slight discolorations and just a general feel of a lesser quality than I've seen in the American-made Cole Haans of the past. (One oft-worn pair of which lasted me something like 17 years!)
Come on, CH. You can do better than that. Install a competent QC manager in your overseas acquisitions program.
on November 24, 2015
I have been wearing this model of Cole Haan shoes for years and have never had a problem with them - until now. I usually get them at a Cole Haan store but decided to try purchasing from Amazon instead. Big mistake. After one wearing my feet were killing me. The shoes are too narrow and created a bruise on the top of my foot. I think some of the other comments said these were made in China as opposed to wherever Cole Haan's are usually made and the difference between the two is huge. I love finding new stuff I can buy on Amazon instead of having to go out to a retail store but unfortunately, this is not one of those items.
on April 20, 2017
I have worn this exact type of shoe for >15 years and this was my first time to order a replacement pair on line. My first order shipped in the wrong color but I was pleased to immediately receive a new pair that were darker than "normal" but acceptable. However, within days of wearing the replacement shoes, the leather began to peel and disintegrate almost as if they had been sprayed with a thin plastic film. Wherever the shoe creases, the leather now has a different color, looks old, dull, faded and terrible. This is unacceptable for two week old shoes that are very lightly worn in the office and have never gotten wet.
on April 22, 2017
My husband has purchased this same exact shoe from Macy's for YEARS. He is leaving for the airport as I write, and the bottom of the heel just FELL OFF. He has only worn these for barely 2 months!! He is giving a presentation tomorrow and has no decent shoes to wear. Of course now he won't ever order anything online again. Unfortunately, Macy's doesn't carry this shoe any longer. I will never buy Cole Haan again. $100...what a waste.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.