Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cole Haan Men's Pinch Tassel Loafer
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Kate Voegele Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on October 27, 2013
I've worn this shoe for years and buy two pair a year. When I received this pair, I felt that they didn't fit right, but ignored it as a new pair that needed to break in. I was wrong, they really do fit different. Found out that they are now made in India...
on May 30, 2013
Great shoe and have a pair I have worn before. The sizing is wrong. They run very small. Ordered a wide E and was too small. Received credit immediately.
on June 27, 2014
I have never had an issue with Cole Haan shoes until this pair. I bought these shoes with several other pairs. They fit well and seemed to be a great shoe. However after the second time I wore these shoes the thread on the seams on my left shoe came apart while I was walking into the office from the parking lot. I was two days outside my 30 day Amazon return window and thought I would call Cole Haan, certainly they would help, right? Cole Haan told me to buzz off! Apparently, not buying these from a local retailer voids their warranty and they simply refused to help me in any way! Wow! So, my last resort would be to see if Amazon would accept their return. Guess what? They did! Even though these shoes were outside the 30 day return period, they said "send them back." Guess what I did? I ordered two more pairs of shoes, of course made by a company other than Cole Haan (I checked Cole Haans website to make certain I did not buy a pair of shoes of a company they owned). Thanks Amazon!
on December 26, 2014
Brother!
Bought some CH Pinch Tassel Loafers, size 13 D, Nike Air version in burgundy a while back. While the right one was a bit tighter than the left one, I thought them a good enough fit to buy another pair in another color: mahogany. Didn't have the Air version. No matter, I think. I'll just buy the regular ones (I'm currently reviewing) and a bit wider, size 13 E.
Well, they came quickly, had 13 E printed on the inside sides, but were much smaller and narrower than the 13 Ds I'd bought just shortly before. I look closer--and what do I discover? There's a 12 D stamp on the insole!
I compared them with a pair of ancient 12 Ds I own from way back in the nineties and sure enough, they are the same size.
I was sold a 12 D for a 13 E.
Now I understand that these shoes weren't US-made. They're produced in India. Indians are hard-working and diligent people, but English letters and numbers might be foreign to some of them.
Also, as of yet there's just a difference in overall quality. There are glue marks, edge set-offs, slight discolorations and just a general feel of a lesser quality than I've seen in the American-made Cole Haans of the past. (One oft-worn pair of which lasted me something like 17 years!)
Come on, CH. You can do better than that. Install a competent QC manager in your overseas acquisitions program.
on November 23, 2008
The color of the shoe was better than I thought. The shoe is made of a more traditional, stiff leather. It is a little loose and the right foot when I step creases across the toes causing discomfort. I kept them because I liked the style and color. I have hopes the leather will eventually soften with use. It is my first pair of cole hans. The price was right on amazon!
on July 1, 2010
I just purchased my 3rd pair. Most of the reviews indicate these shoes are a lot stiffer and take much longer to break in than previous Cole Haan shoes they've owned in the past. This newest pair is no exception. Before I wear them for the 1st time, I treat them with a high quality leather conditioner and let them sit for a few days. I find this works very well and the shoes soften up much quicker. Once they're broken in, they are still one of the best shoes I've owned. Purchasing them on Amazon for only $70, made this recent purchase a "no-brainer".
on October 9, 2014
This was my 3rd pair of Pinch Tassel Cole Haan shoes in 25-years. And at the price you can get them on Amazon makes them a great value. True, Cole Haan shoes are a tad more expensive than other major brand shoes, but you really do get what you pay for in these shoes, and that equates to years of wear. Of course, anytime you can save a little bit of money on a quality shoes makes for a great bargain (thanks Amazon!).

From my experience, Cole Haan's uppers look fabulous and wear like iron. Yes, I have had several re-soles in those 25 years, but the uppers have always worn well and remained like brand new. In fact, the only reason I even had to buy new pairs were that my feet grew in size. If you want a great value, and a shoe that will look great for years to come, I highly recommend the Cole Haan brand whole heatedly! BTW - The Pinched Tassel loafer in my favorite!
on December 24, 2015
I have been purchasing and wearing Cole Haan Pinched Tassel shoes for 20 years, I always get 10.5E for a wider width and these shoes are the same as I have always purchased directly from Cole Haan. Having said that, I will say these shoes I purchased are the "older" style of soles, these are all leather uppers and soles, the "newer" Cole Haan Pinched Tassell shoes I have purchased over the past 3 years, have a half rubber front sole and half leather heel sole which gives better grip on the streets, carpets, tile, sidewalks, etc. A few reviewers said these shoes are slippery on the bottom soles, that "IS" correct, the older style, which is what these are, do slip slide and you must rough them up in the beginning. I put my new shoes on and go out to my sidewalk and kind of do the twist motion on them a few times. This roughs the all leather soles up enough so they don't slip and slide. If you don't rough the bottom soles up, you are in for a fall somewhere in your future, either on carpet or even on the street. Rough the bottom soles up first and you will be good to go. These shoes fit the same as all my other Cole Haan shoes I have purchased, there is nothing different, at least to me, about the size of these shoes compared to others I have purchased, the 10.5E always fits as do these. Cole Haan probably had enough calls about people slipping with the all leather soles that they changed them to half rubber soles for better grip, which is a lot better in my opinion. However, to get the "newer" shoes, I'd have to pay $70 more than these through Cole Haan, I can do a lot of roughing up of the all leather soles for $70 and having had both the all leather soles and half leather half rubber soles, I can tell you for me, they wear the same, neither pair last longer or shorter than the other. I also use Cole Haan restoration services. Those services come with the new rubber half soles and they cost $95 to restore the soles and I have to also pay for shipping, so for the price of "brand new" shoes, I'll stick with these and just watch my step! ;>) These shoes are a great price! The least I've paid for Cole Haan over the past 20 years has been about $100 so these are a great buy! I love these shoes, I wear them everyday, all day. I'm a sales representative going from one office to another and I love Cole Haan shoes, except for my tennis shoes, Cole Haan are the only shoes I have worn for work for the past 20 years, very satisfied with my purchase at an excellent 1995 price tag ;>)
on December 26, 2015
The shoes are just okay. They squeak off and on during their life (last about 6 months), but they're a relatively inexpensive investment. Even though they can be resoled, I don't because a resole costs almost as much as a new pair of shoes.

No real arch support but, then, I'm not on my feet all day. They do the job at work and look decent. About the time the rubber heel cap is 3/4 worn down, I replace them because by then the uppers are beginning to get buggered up.

I've had more expensive shoes that don't last any longer than these, so I figure there's no need to spend more money on something that only lasts 6 months.
on January 26, 2016
My first pair of Cole Haan shoes (I usually buy Rockport, but I wanted to add some diversity!), and I am very pleased. The shoes look great and feel great. My only warning to folks would be that the front bottom of the shoe is rather slick (leather or synthetic leather); the heel is rubberized on the bottom (thin layer), which allows some grip, but when walking on carpet, especially hat a fast pace, my feet "kick up" at the end of my stride because there is absolutely no "grip" on the main sole. My work is mainly tile flooring, so not a huge issue for me. Quality shoe and at a good price.