Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 651 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 683 reviews
on December 24, 2015
I have been purchasing and wearing Cole Haan Pinched Tassel shoes for 20 years, I always get 10.5E for a wider width and these shoes are the same as I have always purchased directly from Cole Haan. Having said that, I will say these shoes I purchased are the "older" style of soles, these are all leather uppers and soles, the "newer" Cole Haan Pinched Tassell shoes I have purchased over the past 3 years, have a half rubber front sole and half leather heel sole which gives better grip on the streets, carpets, tile, sidewalks, etc. A few reviewers said these shoes are slippery on the bottom soles, that "IS" correct, the older style, which is what these are, do slip slide and you must rough them up in the beginning. I put my new shoes on and go out to my sidewalk and kind of do the twist motion on them a few times. This roughs the all leather soles up enough so they don't slip and slide. If you don't rough the bottom soles up, you are in for a fall somewhere in your future, either on carpet or even on the street. Rough the bottom soles up first and you will be good to go. These shoes fit the same as all my other Cole Haan shoes I have purchased, there is nothing different, at least to me, about the size of these shoes compared to others I have purchased, the 10.5E always fits as do these. Cole Haan probably had enough calls about people slipping with the all leather soles that they changed them to half rubber soles for better grip, which is a lot better in my opinion. However, to get the "newer" shoes, I'd have to pay $70 more than these through Cole Haan, I can do a lot of roughing up of the all leather soles for $70 and having had both the all leather soles and half leather half rubber soles, I can tell you for me, they wear the same, neither pair last longer or shorter than the other. I also use Cole Haan restoration services. Those services come with the new rubber half soles and they cost $95 to restore the soles and I have to also pay for shipping, so for the price of "brand new" shoes, I'll stick with these and just watch my step! ;>) These shoes are a great price! The least I've paid for Cole Haan over the past 20 years has been about $100 so these are a great buy! I love these shoes, I wear them everyday, all day. I'm a sales representative going from one office to another and I love Cole Haan shoes, except for my tennis shoes, Cole Haan are the only shoes I have worn for work for the past 20 years, very satisfied with my purchase at an excellent 1995 price tag ;>)
on May 30, 2013
Great shoe and have a pair I have worn before. The sizing is wrong. They run very small. Ordered a wide E and was too small. Received credit immediately.
on October 27, 2013
I've worn this shoe for years and buy two pair a year. When I received this pair, I felt that they didn't fit right, but ignored it as a new pair that needed to break in. I was wrong, they really do fit different. Found out that they are now made in India...
on May 16, 2017
This review is for the Pinch Tassel Loafers. I'm comparing them to the Cole Haan Nike Air loafers which I've had for several years. Although both shoes are the same size, the Pinch Tassel Loafers are somewhat larger than the Nike Air loafers (which are tight on me). Also the sole on the Pinch Tassel loafers is leather and slippery, the Nike Air's have some rubber on the sole. These are okay shoes but not as comfortable as the Cole Haan Nike Air shoes. I'm going to get an insole and see if that resolves the looser fit and comfort issues, if it does I'll probably buy another pair of these.
on April 20, 2017
I have worn this exact type of shoe for >15 years and this was my first time to order a replacement pair on line. My first order shipped in the wrong color but I was pleased to immediately receive a new pair that were darker than "normal" but acceptable. However, within days of wearing the replacement shoes, the leather began to peel and disintegrate almost as if they had been sprayed with a thin plastic film. Wherever the shoe creases, the leather now has a different color, looks old, dull, faded and terrible. This is unacceptable for two week old shoes that are very lightly worn in the office and have never gotten wet.
on October 9, 2014
This was my 3rd pair of Pinch Tassel Cole Haan shoes in 25-years. And at the price you can get them on Amazon makes them a great value. True, Cole Haan shoes are a tad more expensive than other major brand shoes, but you really do get what you pay for in these shoes, and that equates to years of wear. Of course, anytime you can save a little bit of money on a quality shoes makes for a great bargain (thanks Amazon!).

From my experience, Cole Haan's uppers look fabulous and wear like iron. Yes, I have had several re-soles in those 25 years, but the uppers have always worn well and remained like brand new. In fact, the only reason I even had to buy new pairs were that my feet grew in size. If you want a great value, and a shoe that will look great for years to come, I highly recommend the Cole Haan brand whole heatedly! BTW - The Pinched Tassel loafer in my favorite!
on June 14, 2017
I have worn Cole Haan loafers for years and have always been more than satisfied with the way they hold up and wear. It would not be uncommon for me to have a pair re-soled and -heeled many times because the top side aged so well. Something has changed - the leather is thinner and has less structure to it; the sides in the area in front of the heel and below the ankle almost immediately developed a warped or wavy appearance. I sent the first pair back and am now breaking in a second pair with the hope that it will do better than the first. However, the same problem, to a lesser degree, appears to still be there and it is apparent that the Cole Haan loafer that I enjoyed and got such good wear out of in the past is no longer being made.
on September 27, 2016
I stock up these loafers when on sale. They run big (i.e. I usually wear 8.5 and I have to wear 7.5 for this one). But I have been wearing Cole Haan pinch for years and I know exactly my size. They are very comfortable and stylish. The quality has been deteriorting since 2015. It might be my imagination but I just find the overall quality is not as good as those I got before 2015. Cole Haan has actually phased out this style and released some other Grand Penny so I cannot comment on that. I always keep 4 extra pairs around and throw an old pair every 18 to 24 month when they look tired. Have never really resoled them since they are really inexpensive shoes. Great for sockless look in the summer as well. I wear them all day long without any problem but would not recommend walk all day in them (no leather shoes can provide that level of comfort if you walk all day anyway). Almost no break in time (maybe a few days max).
on May 20, 2017
Haven't had Cole Haan before. They seem to hold up very well, not cheap material by any means. These will be very good shoes for a long time. You will have to grind the soles into rough concrete for the first use, else you'll slip-n-fall. Note that they are a rather dark burgundy; somewhere between black and a rich burgundy.
on December 26, 2014
Brother!
Bought some CH Pinch Tassel Loafers, size 13 D, Nike Air version in burgundy a while back. While the right one was a bit tighter than the left one, I thought them a good enough fit to buy another pair in another color: mahogany. Didn't have the Air version. No matter, I think. I'll just buy the regular ones (I'm currently reviewing) and a bit wider, size 13 E.
Well, they came quickly, had 13 E printed on the inside sides, but were much smaller and narrower than the 13 Ds I'd bought just shortly before. I look closer--and what do I discover? There's a 12 D stamp on the insole!
I compared them with a pair of ancient 12 Ds I own from way back in the nineties and sure enough, they are the same size.
I was sold a 12 D for a 13 E.
Now I understand that these shoes weren't US-made. They're produced in India. Indians are hard-working and diligent people, but English letters and numbers might be foreign to some of them.
Also, as of yet there's just a difference in overall quality. There are glue marks, edge set-offs, slight discolorations and just a general feel of a lesser quality than I've seen in the American-made Cole Haans of the past. (One oft-worn pair of which lasted me something like 17 years!)
Come on, CH. You can do better than that. Install a competent QC manager in your overseas acquisitions program.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.