Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now toystl17_gno

Color: Brown/Black|Size: 4-Person|Change

Showing 1-10 of 514 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 551 reviews
on October 23, 2016
Huge and ridiculous -- obviously not for backpacking -- but my husband and I love it. We throw a queen air mattress in here when car camping and we feel like Kings. It's so easy to set up and take down; set-up is doable with just one person (possibly of a certain height, we are 5'8"+), take down is easiest with two to help stuff it back in the carrying case.

We had it set up in the midwest when a tornado-y thunderstorm rolled through; we sought higher ground till it passed, when we returned, she was safe and sound and still in the ground. Not completely waterproof, but we only got a bit of dew/sweat on the interior walls, and nothing on the floor.

The only "con" I have to note: I wish there were windows on all sides, so when you are inside you can enjoy the view from all angles.
review image
on August 2, 2016
This tent is fantastic for camping solo or with one other person. Super easy to put up and take down. Remember all those times you got home and decided you didn't want to set your tent back up and dry it out, only to regret that decision next time you went to use the tent? That is not an issue with this tent as its so easy to pop up, you won't mind letting it dry out.

I'm giving 4/5 stars because this tent leaks water when there is a heavy rain. Nothing I can't deal with, but the seams at the top and sides allow water to come in. Being totally honest I did not waterproof the tent so had I done that, it may have solved the issue.
on June 19, 2016
I cannot recommend this 4 person cabin more. Its not to be used backpacking only out of vehicle camping. My gf and I set this up in no time. Make sure to purchase the rain fly and tent kit for the mallet and steaks. Held up to a thunderstorm all weekend in grand canyon the very first time we used it. Fit a queen bed with about 2.5 feet of free space left on the entrance door side. I even put big coals in my solo stove and and the tent was 70 while it was 30 outside. Ventilation was great even in the rain with the fly. highly recommended for expedition vehicles i will surely have this for years.
on September 1, 2016
I originally had a 6 person tent made by coleman and was very impressed but really didnt need a 3 room tent. I went to downgrade but ended up upgrading in a way. This tent is indeed smaller but fits a queen size matress and has about a foot left in one direction for your things. Theres a pocked on the left and right side that fits my cellphones and the other nicely fits our toiletries. This tent is perfect for 2 people.. not sure about 4. With a bed, and 2 backpacks, you have just enough room for all of it.

The best part is not that it can be put up by one person.. no.. the best part is that it GOES BACK IN THE BAG! Unlike other tents which I just couldn't get to fit, this one folds up and fits without any issue. Theres even enough room to store the camp cookware and matress inflation thing I bought. Very nice!
on March 18, 2017
We wanted a simple but good starter tent and this fits the bill well. Very good quality, I particularly like the WeatherTec system that seems very solid and should keep us dry in the event of rain. Costs a few dollars more than some similar tents but has the quality /features to be with it. Very roomy easily fits 2 adults and 3 year old with room to spare.
on August 8, 2012
Can't beat this tent for ease in set-up. It TRULY sets up in an instant, without hassle. Nearing darkness when we arrived at our camping site, we didn't have time to spare. This was our first use (other than trial-run set-up in our back yard); it performed splendidly. We had already sprayed the seams with weather-guard, so we were prepared for the rather steady rain we encountered on the last night of our trip at our second stop. Truly, no leakage occurred (although we kept a towel bunched up by the door as previous reviewers had said to do). The next morning after the rain, some moisture had accumulated on the inner walls because of condensation, but my hubby and I absolutely remained dry throughout the night. We were very thankful for this tent. I believe we will buy the 6-person so we'll have a tad more room for changing clothes and moving around, but to "make do", the 4-person was absolutely all we needed. It was cozy and allowed plenty of room for our air mattress and for sleeping. Like the pockets for storing necessary items such as glasses and tissues. Very thankful for this tent. We would have no hesitation recommending it.
on April 28, 2013
Despite the grumblings of some reviewers, this is a fabulous tent, especially for under $90 on Amazon.

I bought this so my son and I could go on father/son and scouting outings. I had not previously been introduced to the new systems of poles that literally setup in 90 seconds. Although, I have been intrigued and a little suspicious of them when reading the packages in the store. Without even looking at the directions (sewn onto the tent bag), my son and I setup of the tent in seconds and stood there thinking, "wow, technology!"

Don't let the size fool you, this tent will sleep 3 people, or 2 people with gear, which is just what I wanted. This is not for 4 people, not even 4 kids unless toddlers.

Also, to those who think they can buy a new tent and really have it be weather proofed, that is not realistic. Even high-end tents must be weather treated. I treated the seams on this with some good sealer, then sprayed the whole thing with a spray, same for the rain fly. You have to think a bit when buying things; any experienced camper should know this.

The two large windows are awesome on the lateral ends, and the door and right next to it are nice windows as well. I can't quite stand up in it, but close enough to be good for the size. Also appreciate the loop hanging down from the center ceiling since we hang a small LED lantern there.

The zippers have worked so far but I don't let my kids play with them since they seem fragile. Hopefully they will last.

Interesting that when you unzip the windows all the way, there is an inherent little pocket at the bottom of them for tucking the unzipped window in. No more with the little tie things, which worried me at first, but now I see the wisdom since it takes a second or two to tuck. Very cool.

That is about it. Not a heavy duty or large tent, but perfect for 2-3 people. Truly a 5-star product, but only in its class. For something really nice, you must pay literally 4 times this, and buy a Springbar. But, they weigh much more too.

Thanks for reading.
33 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2014
I bought the 4 and 6 person versions of this tent. I have taken them both camping one time. I have experienced severe rain in both of them. I had to send the 6 person tent back because of a malfunction in one of the poles, but it was easy to make it work for the 5 days I kept it out.

Setup - Very easy, my daughter was able to set hers up without any issues what so ever, took her a little more than a minute, but very little effort to get on of these set up and staked out. We did not use the guy lines, the tents were pretty stable through high winds and heavy rain.

Takedown - As easy to take down as they are to setup, rolling them up is a little awkward with all the poles attached, but they both still fit nicely inside the bag they come in, even without have to expand the bottom.

Rain resistance - I ordered the rain fly for both of these of tents. I knew rain was coming, so I put them on. I did not feel a single drop of water through the roof. The sides stayed dry on the inside as well. The bottom did not let any ground moisture through that I could feel. Just be sure not to leave things pressed against the side of the tent or you are guaranteed to get water through the sides. And never ever buy a tent without a rainfly if you expect to stay dry.

Comfort - It's a tent. How comfortable can it be? I like the size of the 6 person, It could hold three people with plenty of space to spare, 4 very close, 5 or 6 I can't imagine any room to move about, but it could definitely fit them. I'm 5'10 and was able to stand in the 6 person. The four person fit my daughter just fine, and would be great for two people.

Complaints - Only complaint I have is the zipper on the door gets a little tough to pull at the corner area.

Overall, pretty good tent. I feel like they will last a very long time if taken care of.
on January 16, 2017
This Coleman Instant Tent is so easy to assemble and disassemble. I can set it up in minutes. Taking it down and rolling it up tightly enough to fit in the storage bag takes a few more minutes. I use three small bungee cords to roll it up nice and snug. The rainfly accessory that goes along with the tent needs to be purchased to keep the rain, dirt and sun off the top of the tent. That too is easy to assemble and I keep my tent stakes and hammer in the zippered storage bag for the rainfly. There was plenty of space.

The 4-Person tent is very roomy inside and I use a queen size air mattress and a milk crate turned upside down next to the mattress for a night stand. The mattress and the crate take up the width of the tent but the two make bedtime very convenient and comfortable. I'm 5' 6" and cannot stand up straight inside the tent, but I can stand with my head bent, which is much more comfortable than crawling around the inside of a low dome tent.

I've taken this tent on about a dozen camping trips so far and haven't had any issues with it. I did replace the included tent stakes with heavy duty stakes which hold up well in the wind, not because I had an issue with the included stakes but because I had heavy duty stakes available.

This is a durable, easy to assemble tent, and for me it was well worth the investment.
on September 28, 2016
Easy is not even the word to describe setting this up. My nephew set it up in record time. Did not leak when we got several rain showers TONS of room

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.