BCA Month Salon Beauty Ali: A Life Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Coleman 4-Person Instant Cabin
Color: Brown/Black|Size: 4-Person|Change

on October 23, 2016
Huge and ridiculous -- obviously not for backpacking -- but my husband and I love it. We throw a queen air mattress in here when car camping and we feel like Kings. It's so easy to set up and take down; set-up is doable with just one person (possibly of a certain height, we are 5'8"+), take down is easiest with two to help stuff it back in the carrying case.

We had it set up in the midwest when a tornado-y thunderstorm rolled through; we sought higher ground till it passed, when we returned, she was safe and sound and still in the ground. Not completely waterproof, but we only got a bit of dew/sweat on the interior walls, and nothing on the floor.

The only "con" I have to note: I wish there were windows on all sides, so when you are inside you can enjoy the view from all angles.
review image
22 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2017
Absolutely LOVE this tent I stormed bad one night and we were nice and dry it was great and it's so easy!
on March 31, 2015
I had to return mine's because i had a deal where i got the 6-person version. I did setup both, and it only takes about 2 minutes to setup, probably about 10 minutes to unpack (time it takes to take out air and to cram into it's compressed carrying bag). The zippers seem durable and this feels much better than the bargin no-named branded tents. This really is quality you can feel. It also feels really spacious. Even the 4-person tent, i could get up and walk around (i'm 6'0 tall).

On the downside, the tent itself is much bigger than the cheaper tents. If you're taking a flight to go camping, this in itself is its own luggage.
on November 24, 2014
This tent went up so fast, that everybody in the area watched as my 8 year old son put it up in less than 2 minutes. Like any "4-man" tent in the world, I would never put 4 people into a tent this size but for my 8 year old son and I, it was PERFECT! My son and I had actually put it up in our living room a few days earlier and so I told our Scoutmaster that my 8 year old was going to put this tent up by himself at the campout. Although skeptical, everybody watched as an 8 year old boy put this tent up in less than 2 minutes. It was truly a thing of beauty. I would not want to carry this tent too far into a camp site but for anything up to a mile of carrying, it is perfect.
on July 23, 2014
I'd have to say one of the easiest tents to setup ever. It truly is an insta-tent. If you just follow the instructions it will take you literally 5 minutes to get it standing. The one grip I had was if they only made it easier to fold. Maybe I'm just not good at it, but some type of rolling mechanism for easy take down would be nice.
on June 27, 2013
I haven't been camping since I was a boy. I bought this tent for my family's first camping trip. My sweetheart and I kicked our daughters out and into their own little tent, so the size was more than enough for the two of us. I do think that 4 people could sleep in the tent, as long as they are good buddies and not restless sleepers. Super easy to set up and tear down. Of course I couldn't fold it up exactly like it was new, but it still fit in the bag. As other reviews have noted, the included stakes are cheap. Buy some good stakes. It was fairly windy the day we went camping, and we were on a soft, sandy area. The shorter included stakes would not have held the tent down. I did put large rocks on the stakes I purchased, ended up having no problems.
on August 20, 2017
Nice tent. Super easy to pitch. Tights fir for 4 adults, but doable. Better for three.
on January 10, 2017
Exactly what we wanted! Easy, carefree, built to last.
on December 27, 2013
I recently took this tent camping with my son. We also have a large family tent but I wanted something smaller that would set-up and take down quickly for weekend hunting/camping trips with my son. The very first time I used the tent I had it up in less than 30 seconds! It's that easy! It is well sealed and retained nice interior warmth for the cool weather we were camping in. It took a bit longer to take the tent down, perhaps 2 minutes, but it easily fit back inside the bag. It's definitely small for 4 people, but perfectly roomy for two and three would be do-able (this is what I expect when purchasing tents, so no surprise there). It's a bit on the heavy side, but if you're camping next to your vehicle this tent is ideal. The materials seem very durable and I expect that this tent will be great for many years to come.
on January 4, 2012
I am recently into the idea of camping and going out to enjoy nature all the time. Earlier, I had a cheapish tent which we went out on a beach camp once and it was a disaster. After taking 1 hour to set it up (agreed it was first time) it was extremely suffocating inside.After deciding to take a quality tent, I was about to take another Coleman regular tent for 2 person when one of my experienced friends recommended this instant tent. I was a bit apprehensive initially to believe that instant tents really work.

But, went ahead by having faith in his words and now, I truly thank him for that wisdom. As I said, I am not a experienced camper but, I was really able to set this tent in 2 minutes up and ready. I couldn't believe myself of how easy it was.

Though it is said to be for 4 people, it is the best tent for a couple. You can have enough space to keep all your gear and still sleep peacefully. I got a queenbed as well to fit in this, but haven't tried it yet.

So far, the experience was superb. I haven't seen how it fares in rain yet, so, will update about it later.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.