Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Style: Tent|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,186 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,370 reviews
on March 22, 2013
So we were a little hesitant on making this purchase after reading the 3 star and below reviews. However, some close friends and camping partner family own this tent. Here is what we did:

Step 1- Order the tent
Step 2- Order TENT SEAM SEALER
Step 3- Order Rain Fly (no brainer people)
Step 4- When tent arrives excitedly open box, and set up in the living room (optional, and be sure to check with your spouse first as this did not go over well with mine)
Step 5- Take down tent from living room and set up again outside....Use the seam sealer around ALL seams inside and outside the tent liberally (or follow directions on sealant product)
Step 6- Put rainfly on tent
Step 7- Connect garden hose and prepare leaf blower for weather simulation testing.
Step 8- After waiting desired time for sealant to set, simulate various types of rain storms from gentle drizzle to driving hurricane force rain (do this at your own risk and be sure to roll up windows on your spouses car when aiming simulated rain in that direction)
Step 9- Now using your leaf blower blast your tent with simulated wind levels from gentle meadow breezes to Hurricane Level 4 winds if you have a 4 speed leaf combo snow blower (again, do this at your own risk)
Step 10- Stake down your tent THEN redo step 9, then apologize to your spouse for crushing her flowers.

During all the simulated test I found that the tent is NOT made for 50+ psi garden house spray down at full forces.... However, there was minimal leaking, and I think that was from spraying right at the zipper. When using in a true rain fashion there was no leaking after a 10 minute soaking. The blower was a little over the top, but even after rolling my unstaked tent into my wifes flowers the tent took all I threw at it. I was going to repeat all the test and make a video to attach with this review but was advised (told) by my wife that I wasn't going to do that....Argh!

Thanks Coleman for a great tent! Set it up in less than 30 seconds and take down was just as simple, and I had a blast with my homemade weather simulation testing.
2525 comments| 808 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 28, 2016
I had high hopes for this tent after reading reviews and watching videos. It does set up as easy as advertised, less than a minute and it is ready to stake down and use.
Problem was the tent leaked badly during a thunderstorm. One entire wall section had water droplets leaking through, all 4 corners near the floor leaked, and it leaked in the top center. We had several cups of water in the tent, and much of our stuff got wet.
review image review image review image
22 comments| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2011
Who likes complicated and confusing?
When I go camping, the "setting up & taking down" of my tent is the part that sucks. Really sucks.
This tent is amazing. The day it showed up, I took it out of the box and set it up (just me - no one helping) in under a minute (not counting the stakes)!!
You just unfold it, extend the legs, and walk in. How awesome is that?
Don't believe me? Check Youtube. Type in "Instant Tent", look for the one with a girl in a bright yellow KOA shirt. That's the video that sold me on this tent.

It has LOTS of ventilation. the 2 sides have a large window, the back has a HUGE window. The front has a window in the door, and a window next to the door. Did I mention there are two roof vents? Yup. The roof vents have zippers on them, and a rigid "prop" thing. There's velcro on the top flap, on the top of the prop, and on the bottom of the prop (the bottom of the prop is sewn to the tent as well). You can open the roof vents from the inside by unzipping the screen and raising the prop. To close it you simply lower the prop, and velcro the top flap to the bottom of the prop.
I know, that's alot of info for something as trivial as a vent. BUT, I thought it was a very nice feature, and haven't seen it mentioned in any reviews or videos.

The windows. HUGE! I mean huge in a HUGE way! You can get plenty of air flow. When you open the windows, it's like having the whole top half of your tent as ventilation.
A note about the windows - when you open them, the flap hangs inside your tent. I've read reviews where people complained about this. Well guess what. If you leave each zipper zipped up about four inches, rather than fully open, you create a pocket of sorts, between the mesh and the fabric parts of the windows. Just stuff the flap into this little pocket, and call it good.

NO RAINFLY. I sprayed the tent with a garden hose. I mad it "rain" on top of the tent, and it also "rained" sideways all the way around. No leaks. I was concerned about the top vents, but no water got in.

When it's time to take down your tent, fold it up as instructed, then roll it, on the ground, just like a sleeping bag. Just keep rolling it until you get the air squeezed out. Not only was it easy to get this tent back in it's storage bag, I was able to put THAT back in the box that it came in!
And the carry bag. Even the bag is well planned! It has a full length zipper (think of your standard gym duffel bag, only longer). It's bigger than it needs to be, so it's easy to get the tent back in. And, if you have a hard time getting the air out of it, and CAN'T zip it, there are straps with buckles, so you can strap the top, then cinch down the buckles to tighten the bag enough to zip it up.

I chose this tent for 3 reasons: 1) it sets up easily. 2) it's tall (I'm six feet tall). 3) it doesn't cost an arm & a leg.
This is my third - or maybe fourth - Coleman tent. I've never had problems with them leaking, never had a zipper fail, never had broken poles.

I gave it four stars instead of five for two reasons. If not for these two (albeit rather insignificant) little details, I would give it five stars and then some.
FIRST: 2 storage pockets. It's a 6 man tent (in theory). Why only two measly pockets? There is a hook sewn into the peak, to hang a lantern, which is nice.
SECOND: the door is square at the bottom, creating a "corner". Since zippers don't like corners, they used two zippers. One zipper goes across the bottom, the other zipper goes across the top & down the side. Well, there's a gap. It's a tiny gap, but how much room do spiders, ants or ticks need? Where I camp, there are plenty of ticks & poisonous spiders. My new tent has a spider-sized doggy-door.

All-in-all, I have to give Coleman a thumbs up on this tent. In fact, I've already talked two people into buying this model tent, and I've only had it for 3 days.
And to whomever designed the setup assembly, a high-five, hug, and dinner :)
4545 comments| 719 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2017
The main reason I bought this tent is because of its size and ease of setup. I am 6'6" tall, so smaller tent shared with anyone else makes for an uncomfortable night. The length and width are long enough to accommodate me, even when sleeping at the edges. It is tall enough that i can at least stand up while leaning over just a bit. I cant fullt stand up in it, but i dont have to crouch down on my knees to move around in it.

I decided to try the tent out for the first time this weekend while taking my son on a boy scout campout, without having ever taken it out of the bag, and without previously watching any videos or reading instructions on set up. It still was a very quick setup. It took about 2 minutes to set up and get the 6 stakes down, and that was with a lot of wind (this did not include the 4 support stakes for the cords. It took me another couple of minutes to get the knots undone and stake those down). Takedown the next morning was just as easy. There was a bit of struggle getting it rolled back up to fit in the bag easily but that is the case with any tent ive had.

The main reason i am giving it 5 stars though is because it actually made it through the night. We stayed at the very tip of Dauphin Island in Alabama. Inside Ft Gaines to be exact. On a weekend with a pretty big storm rolling in. Although it did not rain while i was there, the wind was blowing at 35+ mph for the entire night. I set it up around 6pm, and took it down the next morning around 7am and it stayed standing the entire time. This was not just an occasional gust of wind coming in. It was a steady 35mph, nonstop, the entire night. Occasionally there were some gusts that reached 50+ mpg. Every now and then, the top of the tent would shift and i thought the arms were going to give out, but they never did. I left all of the windows open throughout the night to keep some of the pressure of the wind off, but i think it would have stayed up even if they were closed.

I did not have any leaks on mine, but it did not rain on us while the tent was up. There was a little spray from the ocean, but the wind was so strong it did not have time to sit on the tent and get in.

Because of the design, its not a light or compact tent, but i would not expect one like this to be, so that's not a problem or negative to me. It will still fit in the trunk of a small car, so its not terribly long. I intend on using this on typical campouts with the family and do not intend on hiking long distances with it.

There is only one negative thing about it to me, and that is the stakes that are included. They are the typical L shaped cheap tent stakes that come with every tent. I forgot to bring my good stakes with me, so i had to use these. Several were bent or pulled half up the next morning, so i will be buying another set of good ones to keep in the bag. I am not removing any stars from my rating just because it did hold up after all, even in the very sandy terrain i had it in. But it is worth noting that you should purchase a decent set, and that goes for any tent you buy. While you are at it, go ahead and buy a small cheap mallet to keep in the tent bag too. Then you never have to remember to pack one, or have to hunt for something hard enough to drive them down.
on December 17, 2015
We were in need of tent that could comfortably sleep three-four people and one that we could stand-up in. After looking at several tents we decided on the Coleman 6-person instant tent. The tent truly is instant. It is up and operational in about 1 minute. The telescoping poles are built-in or attached to the tent, so one person can easily set up or take down. Quality is fairly standard - nothing fancy. Most of the connecting pieces are plastic, so I don't expect this tent to have a long life - we will see. The tent has large, zippered windows, zippered vents at the top and standard small storage pocket. My husband is 6' and can stand up straight and move around in the tent. The only real drawback for me, the tent is quite large when stored. Unlike our other tents that rollup fairly tight and store away in a small bag. All in all, we like it and I think if the plastic connectors don't break, we will get several years of use out of it.

Other reviews stated the tent leaked - my opinion - I don't think the tent is made for extreme weather and only seems appropriate for summer or light weather. The tent did sweat some one night, but the windows and vents were shut tight (daughter was afraid of a bear attack - LOL). The second night we left one of the windows slightly open and didn't have any problems.
on March 22, 2017
Waterproof - instant and easy to setup.

Before opening the box, I suggest looking into YouTube and check reviews and videos on setup and collapsing this tent. It made it much easier to understand than the actual instructions.

Fits 6 of us comfortably - on the first night we had a major rain storm - this tent held well without any issues. Would buy again if needed - will recommend as a well built quality tent.
on April 29, 2016
This tent is by far the easiest tent I've ever owned to put up... and also to take down. Anyone who complains about putting it away simply didn't take the time to observe how it was as they unravelled it to know how to put it back. It has no fight in it.
Because it's a pop-up the tent bag is quite long, so it's not the space saver that traditional tents are, but if you have the room it'll save you so much time.
Also, there's plenty of setup and take-down videos on youtube so you can learn in advance.
on June 12, 2017
The tent itself is nice. However, the legs are fragile. If someone or something falls on the tent, the legs snap in two. I called Coleman to try to get a replacement leg. The service representative said the legs are not replaceable. They can be replaced be removing a couple screws, so this really surprised me. They tried to sell me a new tent instead. What a waste of money. I got only one use out of this tent.
on December 29, 2016
PRO: The tent is super-easy to build & take down. It also weathers storms quite nicely (with rain fly) as compared to other tents that were camping with us in storms that either blew down, or filled with water.

MISINFORMATION: I bought this sized tent mainly due to the reviews by others whom stated it fits a queen sized air mattress easily. IT DON"T! A queen size air mattress will not fit inside without touching at least one (1) wall. What this means is that during rains of heavy humidity, everything touching the walls gets soaked!

I will rebuy this tent, but in the 10' x 14' (8-person) size. *The 9' x 10' will not fit a queen sized INTEX double-thick air mattress without it touching the walls.
on May 13, 2017
If you buy one of these you will never want any other kind of tent again. 60-second set-up on my first try. I can set up and take down faster than anyone else in our group and the best part is that I do not have to worry about messing with fiberglass poles. Putting it back in the carry bag is a bit of a learning experience so pay attention to how it comes packages and you will be just fine.
I used the Coleman seam sealer for extra protection both inside and outside.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.