Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 720 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 833 reviews
on January 18, 2017
For what you pay and what you get with this cooler, it is of EXCELLENT value. I did what everyone else probably did...looked at the Yeti's and dreamed...and drooled. Then got a brisk slap across the face from my wife when she thought I might actually pay $600 ON A COOLER. Those Yeti's may be amazing but those prices are just absurd and cannot be justified by anyone who isn't literally a mountain man or a hunter who needs ice not to freeze for 10 days. Most of us normal guys who go weekend camping, don't fall into either of those categories, and so we turn our Yeti search into a "what cooler is also awesome but doesn't cost me my first born child" search.

I've only ever owned Coleman and Igloo coolers and so that search began with those two. When I was underwhelmed with what Igloo had out there, I made the switch to Coleman and was immediately impressed by this cooler.

My search criteria where as follows;
Metal hinges (had an old Igloo with plastic hinges finally blow out on me, granted it was a 30yr old cooler so props to Igloo)
Metal handles
Solid handle and/or locking mechanism
Hard lined and o-ring sealed

The Coleman Steel-Belted Cooler fit all of these criteria and was available for the modest price of $80. I deemed the 54 quart to be of substantial size based on the "can capacity" that is listed in the description. I love that Coleman knows their customers and knows we will want to know how many beer...I mean soda cans, that the cooler can fit.

Trust me folks, I've beaten this thing up to heck and back on my camp trips and it has performed admirably. It can take a hit and keep on going, washed of easily with a hose, the hard lining wipes out quickly with a paper towel and it kept my ice frozen for 2 days straight. Also is a sturdy seat option for when your idiot cousin steals your chair at the campfire.
0Comment| 298 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2017
At least as good as any other cooler I've ever used, and seems more durable. Not sure I could pick anything better for less than $100. The only draw back is a lack of handle/wheels. When fully loaded, it'll take a strong person or two people to carry it. Still, the last cooler I had with a handle and wheels fell apart after 5 years, so maybe this'll be better.
on August 17, 2017
Finally a cooler that holds ICE. It lasted 3 days with ICE, Perfect
on May 1, 2017
Keeps ice for days! Great ice chest
on May 19, 2014
Great looking cooler. It fits 60 cans with a good amount of ice on top. Although they say it can fit 85. Guess that would be with one small bag. I took it out camping and it still had a good amount of ice after 2 days. Downside is that the paint chips off easily. Im pretty hard on coolers but if you barely set something on it off comes the paint. Wish they were made more like my old one from the 80s. Still a really good cooler with a classic look
on July 12, 2017
perfect size and color
on August 7, 2017
well built and stylish - it should last a long time
on June 24, 2017
The cooler arrived on my doorstep 2 days after I ordered , with a hole in the box. I was a bit nervous. My pretty red cooler arrived in pristine condition. I can't believe I just called a cooler pretty but it really is beautiful. I look forward to the coolers maiden voyage.
on July 26, 2017
Keeps ice frozen nearly as good as, if not equally as good as, a yeti and for a fraction of the price. Great classic look
on July 23, 2017
Super hip, retro and a fabulous gift.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.