Coleman 8D Retro Family-Size Lantern
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Coleman's brightest family-size battery lantern: sheds 395 lumens on High
- Runs up to 30 hours on Low, 14 hours on High, with 8 D batteries (not included)
- Reflector directs light upward & outward for more efficient lighting
- Amber nightlight for comforting bedtime illumination
- Easy bulb replacement with quick-release lever
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
|Package Height||6.4 x 7.3 x 13.4 inches|
|Shipping Weight||2.25 pounds|
The Coleman 8D Retro Family-Size Lantern is Coleman's brightest family-sized battery lantern, shedding an impressive 395 lumens of light on High. On a single set of 8 D-cell batteries (not included), the Family-Size Lantern will run for up to 30 hours on Low and 14 hours on High. The Lantern's 15-watt fluorescent spiral U-tube provides a brighter, whiter light, while running cool to the touch for safety. A reflector directs light upward and outward for more efficient, focused lighting, while the built-in amber-colored nightlight offers comforting bedtime illumination. Bulb replacement is easy, thanks to the quick-release lever. Limited 5-year warranty. Lantern measures approximately 22.09" x 13.27" x 6.38"; weighs 2.8 pounds without batteries. Replacement bulb #5312-100C (sold separately).
Don't sit in the dark when you can light up your world. The Coleman 5312-702 Retro Battery-powered Lantern is a hip solution to illuminate your camp site. The 15-watt fluorescent spiral U-tube provides a bright white light, yet remains cool to the touch.
The Retro lantern is powered by eight D-cell batteries (batteries not included; alkaline batteries are recommended) and one set will run your family-size lantern up to 30 hours. The reflector directs light upward and outward providing more efficient lighting. In addition, this lantern has its own built-in night light. And when it's time to replace the bulb, it's easy with the handy quick-release lever.
Top Customer Reviews
- The 8 D-cell batteries gives it a good weight so it won't slide around.
- The light is very nice and bright, and it doesn't get very hot.
- The battery life is pretty good. We used it every night for a week and it still seemed to be going strong.
- Once the battery compartment is screwed tight, the lantern feels pretty solid.
- It takes 8 D-cell batteries, which is a bit pricey.
- The batteries are held in a removable battery holder which is then inserted into the lantern and held in place with a Velcro strap. The setup feels a bit flimsy.
- The two brightness settings are almost indistinguishable. We just kept it on the lower setting to hopefully lessen the drain on the batteries.
Overall, this lantern is a good buy. It survived our week long camping trip without giving us any issues. The build quality is good enough once you close up the battery compartment. Just don't be too rough when you're changing the batteries.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
However, it has held up pretty well though we do baby it.Read more