Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on March 19, 2017
Heavy duty well constructed UL listed for 13 Amps and 1,625 Watts (The full 90% continuous operating limit for a 15 Amp plug.). The electrically safe way to get several AC adapters into one power outlet strip or battery back-up. The receptacle end lights up; but, it has a neon light bulb, which can and has burnt out, rather than a modern LED bulb; so, only 4 stars instead of 5. Note that these are "Appliance" rated cords (flat with extra insulation) so they do not count against the electrical safety rules which prohibit daisy chaining extension cords and/or power outlet strips together in series.
review imagereview imagereview image
7 people found this helpful
on March 13, 2018
I plugged in a lamp using each one and all work. They are the length specified but give the impression of being short. Still they are long enough to do the job needed - freeing up space on the power strip. They have small lights inside which seem pointless. I have two in my bedroom and the ambient light they add isn't noticeable. My electric company sold me a 'TrickleStar 7 Outlet Advanced Power Strip' (also sold by Amazon) that turns everything off when the TV is turned off so it isn't a problem anyway.
on February 14, 2018
I liked them so well I re-ordered. I use them on the end of extension cords that go to our cars for engine heat,so if anyone forgets to unplug before driving off the extension assures a straight line pull so the disconnect can happen without damaging the cars port or the elec outlet box on the house. And I like that I can see the light on the end of the plug an know there is power at the port.
I also notice that Walmart stocks these on the shelf below the extension cords, and at about the same price.
on April 22, 2015
Excellent product would buy again. Gave some to family & they also loved them.

UPDATE I'm back for more, i purchased 3 sets of these and made the mistake of giving some away. These Powder Strips are Fantastic, I absolutely love them. They work great when you have a large plug to plug into the wall or a long strip. Those large square plug take up 2 or more spaces or the whole outlet on the wall. With these you have access to all outlets. I would definitely recommend this product to Family and Friends and more.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to purchase these.
Mary Lou Lion

UPDATE Just received these 1/2 hour ago and already using them.i can't say enough about how Handy these Power Strips are. Unbelievable. Try them you won't be sorry. I'm not giving anymore of these away I'm going to give them the Amazon Site so they can buy their own Haha Thank you For offering this product to all of us. Mary Lou Lion ENJOY
|0Comment|Report abuse
This is my second order of these cords very nice product. When you have so many small power supplies like for phone and many other devices the actual transformer size takes up too much room on the power strip depriving you of some of the plug ins. I use these small cords on every other position on the power strip and this make room to utilize all plug-ins. The wire ga. is sufficient to operate most, if not all, power transformers. I also like the flat wire design which allows for good flexibility.
on April 25, 2014
This is intended to free up space on your power strip by putting a little distance between the strip and big bulky a/c plugs. These work great for this, and for allowing you to put a/c plugs or multi-plug adapters into recessed electrical outlets such as this one: Leviton 689-W 15 Amp 1-Gang Recessed Duplex Receptacle, Residential Grade, with Screws Mounted to Housing, White

If you happen to need a very short extension cord, this works for that too.

I like the fact that the "female" end of this seems to fit other plugs tightly. That means I had to push hard to get them in, but it also means the a/c adapters are less likely to come loose. When you plug the "male" end into the power strip or wall, the female end lights up. That's handy so you know if your power strip is working. However, if this plug is visible in your set-up that might be a downside.
on October 23, 2012
If you use a computer, you should plug it into a surge protector. It's just common sense; a transient voltage spike, caused by anything from lightning to a motor starting up or shutting down, can damage your computer or wipe out your hard drive.

The problem is that most power strips and surge protectors don't allow you to use all the sockets with the power adapters for external hard drives or other peripherals. How can you use all the outlets without blocking them with the 'wall warts'? You need something like, I don't know, a mini extension cord.

The Coleman Cable 6991 Power Strip Liberator, 8-Inch Extension Cord, 3-Pack is the solution. Basically, it's three short (8"/200mm) extension cords, each a single plug and socket, that allow you to move your adapters a few inches off the power strip. This is all you really need, since the problem is just getting the 'juice boxes' off the surface of your surge protector. The Coleman cables are convenient and work perfectly; in addition; they include a bright neon lamp in each socket end, so you can find the connector under a dark desk, or tell if the power is on at a glance.

For under eight bucks for three mini-extensions, I bought two packages and took a couple to work. It's a cheap fix for an annoying problem. It's just a simple solution for a minor headache.
One person found this helpful
on April 29, 2014
The product does exactly what it is supposed to do. I have an office with a lot of power packs that need to be plugged into the power strip. Unfortunately they don't all fit. This extension cord allows you to fit them all in. The plug part that goes into the power strip was a little too big, and I had trouble fitting them into adjoining sockets on the power strip. Perhaps the strip I have has abnormally close outlets, or perhaps the plug is too large, didn't try it on multiple power strips, so I can't say for sure.

I have no idea why the outlet end of the extension cord is lit. I can't imagine a purpose for it, and the lights can be distracting under a dark desk, or in a darker corner.

All things considered, this is a good product which I would recommend.
on February 10, 2015
I hate having half the outlets on a powerstrip to be blocked by bulky power supplies. 8in seems to be the right length to get bulky power supplies out of the way next to a power strip. I had some 12in extensions and they were a little too long - adding to the rat's nest of cables and sometimes actually making it hard to "find" the bulky power supply plug when trying to unplug or reroute a cable. The illuminated ends actually help to make this easy.

I've bought 4 sets at this point and use them in different rooms to avoid blocked outlets on a surge protector. Have not had any trouble with these flashing or flickering.
on December 29, 2015
The perfect solution, and simplest one, for fixing the too tight power strip and large adapter issue. These are kind of hard to find in town, so I was glad to find them online easily. These are just long enough to not make even more of a mess of that cord monster under my husband's desk...which I really appreciate! ;)

These have really come in handy, and if you're in need of a tiny extension to make some space, you'll like these for just that. Oh! They also light up in the clear (and clear colored) plug end! Fun.